Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

smiling

don_juan_20

Don Juan
Reaction score
For all you guys that say being a don juan you should have a positive attitude, do you smile and act happy all the time?

I mean, you walk down the streets and you rarely see anyone happy. Just smiling nicely, not a huge small, you get strange looks.

For example, the what is he smiling about look? Then you get people that will actually look angry at you.

It almosts seems strange to see someone happy walking down a city street, do you really get a huge positive impact from it?

Just another way I'm trying to evolve into a better person. Bah. Help me oh great ones.

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed

don_juan_20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright. Well, do you get a positive effect by being in happy mood all the time? For example when walking down the street, or do you act like an average joe?

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
If I'm meeting a good looking chick for the first time, I usually don't put on a huge smile. I put on more of a "shyts and giggles hi how are you" smirk, but I make sure I lock the eye contact with them. If I'm just walking down the street, I don't give a shyt what people think of me... if I'm in a good mood, I smile, if not, I don't... if people can't handle that, fukk 'em.

sAxyguy83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The people that are angry at you for smiling are just jealous that you're happy and they're miserable AFCs. Obviously, walking around with a huge Cheshire-cat grin on your face is going to land you in a padded van, but if you just keep the general set of your face happy and your head up, you come across as a lot friendlier, more open, and more confident. Try for the "It's all cool" expression - relaxed and happy.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You can smile without turning up the corners of your mouth. SG83 is on about being "relaxed," maybe even a bit triumphant. Think about the last time you came away from something victorious or accomplished something really personally important. You may not have been grinning from ear to ear, but even if you weren't giving a traditional smile, you had a smiling expression. :)

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, i finally hit on the hot check out chick ive talked about on the boards before last night.
It went well.

I walked all the way to my car with a huge smile on my face. Im sure people were wandering WTF i was smiling at, but hey - im happy, so in ur face :D

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure smile but don't grin like an idiot 24/7 cos that just looks bizarre. I think it's more an attitude, you only need the smallest of smiles to look confident, it's kinda like a combination of smile/look in your eyes, like Vin Diesel does it in some of his films, it's like an aura of confidence/good mood but without that big smile 'I'm smiling cos I'm insecure and want people to like me thing', which looks nervous.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh absolutely. That's one of the things I like about sarging is cos when yr out Djing you have to look and therefore feel cheerful and a little ****y.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smiling for long periods is what's done by non-humans, drugged up humans, emotionally retarded humans and humans with a muscular disease.

It's not normal!

A person telling you a sad story doesn't want to see you smile, so the constanly smiley have to either avoid funerals or learn to control their facial expressions.

Practising to smile (being happy) is good. The problem with it comes with the timing...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you look like you killed someone, people aren't gonna wannna look at you or at least hold EC but if you look like you've achieved something in life and are a little confident about yourself, then chicks will look at you a little more. When the two of you see each other this is when you smile i think, whether it be a sheepish grin as you quickly divert your eyes and look like a shy person or a smile that shows you know what she is thinking and, yes, you are availiable

doctor

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true to say smiles come from the emotions but remember the reverse is also true.

Many many experiments have shown that smiling releases certain neurotransmitters in certain areas of the brain that make you feel good.

Reasearch by psychologists shows that while it is true that emotion creates body language (when body language is unconcious). The reverse is true as well. Bodylanguage can CREATE emotion.

Try this now:

Get up out of your seat and imagine how a person who was depresed about the world would be standing there. Put on the facial expression.

Now walk accross the room with the body language of feeling in a really misserable.

Guess what? You actually feel a bit of the feeling. Now if your own state at the time is very powerful it won't completely bowl you over but here's the good one:

Imagine now how a confident person would walk. Imagine you are a celebrity and you're just about to enjoy walking through a pathway of adoring fans. You are the man. The king. The Prince, To these people you are a god. Hear their cheers and screams. People hold their hands out in the hope that you'll touch them. Feel the confident smile of pleasure.

Now that you're in the state imagine how you would walk if that were the case.

Walk accross the room as if you are walking down that tunnel and notice how much more powerful the feeling feels.

Now that you know this you can control your body language to create such a feeling. If you highten the state first you'll be sweep away the competition.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why do you have to act happy all the time? I act how i want, i am confident, but that doesn't mean i smile all the time.

i actually walk around scowling at people sometimes, and i feel great.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with Egoist

I posted a tip on smiling a month ago before going out and field testing it:down: bad idea, and quite embarrassing looking back

I think that if you go out and field test being a smiley sort of guy then it will land you a lot of girl.........friends, logically it seems to make sense that a guy who smiles at everything like Tom Cruise will land lots of lays but I truly believe no man can be happy ALL the time and therefore your constant smiling may make others feel warm but deep down inside they will recognize it's a little faked.

So no, smile when you want to but I think focusing on being sexual is FAR more important for getting laid than walking around with a smile for no reason.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
psychology studies actually show that smiles are much more effective when people believe that they are "deserved"

in other words, smiling all the time at anyone is ineffective. don't smile until a person deserves.

so don't immediately smile at the girl, save it for when she deserves it and she will appreciate it more.