Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Smiling

Rico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure all of you guys know that when approaching anyone (esp. women) nothing is more cordial and inviting than a bright eyed smile. It is also a great way to gauge initial interest.

First of all, smiling puts everyone at ease. It reassures them that you mean well and "come in peace." It's fun and jovial and shows a caring, confident attitude.

When someone smiles at you, very rarely do you not smile back. Also a smile makes you feel a little better about your day. It's as if someone saw something in you and it made them happy. They recognized you, and that is the most flattering thing a total stranger can do for us.

Now women behave rather interestingly when they are "interested" in us. A smile and gaze into their eyes will always get a positive response and you will be seen as attractive (not to mention you are more attractive when you smile). This serves you well and makes them think well of you.

If a woman is attracted to you, and you give her a warm smile (it has to be sincere and the eyes have to smile too), she will smile back and look at the ground or blush. It's an involuntary reaction so she won't be able to help it. The ice is already broken and you haven't even said a word.

I must mention this...Don't Stare! Smile and nod your head or say Hi. Practice this constantly. It will do wonders for your confidence because we are fueled by positive human interaction. I remember someone once told me that to stay emotionally healthy we need a certain amount of touches by people a day (Yes, we are that needy). Don't only smile at women to whom you are attracted. Smile at everyone. I once heard an old school pimp say you can tell a real player because every woman in the room is drawn to him. You want to have that level of magnetism where everyone is drawn to you. You don't want this to be rehearsed and contrived though. It has to flow from your natural goodness and yearning for positive human interaction. The reason we don't smile more often is because we're (esp. us guys) afraid to show our vulnerability and soft side.

The reason the smile is so effective is because you reflect goodness to someone. When someone smiles at you, you feel good about yourself, and in turn about that person. It gives you an emotional boost. When you start letting this happiness flow through you (even if you aren't particularly in a good mood), you will see how other people positively respond to it and you will be affected by their response just as much as they were affected by your smile.

Smiling also releases endorphins which calm you and make you happier. In life there are leaders and followers. There are those of us waiting for someone to smile at us and make us happy and there are those of us who are willing to give happiness first knowing that their happiness comes from making someone else happy.

[This message has been edited by Rico (edited 07-23-2001).]

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rico, it's been told many times before that a smile can do wonders.

This post contains all vital information and it's a great piece of work you've written!

Cya,
Neo

RockandRoll!

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh baby, right on rico!i never seen this post i don't know how it skipped my mind but i just read it and this post floored me.and i ain't easily floored.the reason i love this post so much is because my smile is my most killer weapon.now you have re-inforced me to bring it out even more.thank you!sh*t dj forum rocks!:p

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-bump-

Bosswick

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's something wrong with me. It's not your post's fault (it's great!) but I have a lot of trouble getting myself to smile at girls. I'm not sure why that is.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bosswick:
There's something wrong with me. It's not your post's fault (it's great!) but I have a lot of trouble getting myself to smile at girls. I'm not sure why that is.

I had the same problem for a while... I dunno how i overcame it but I know what you feel. Just force yourself to smile at every girl you see!

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

dudley

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Neophyte:
Rico, it's been told many times before that a smile can do wonders.

This post contains all vital information and it's a great piece of work you've written!

Cya,
Neo
YaY! Let's all give Rico a big hug!

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But guys I have a serious problem. I think it is my face muscles. I just cant pull off the fake smile.

The only time I can smile good is when I laugh hard. It takes something pretty damn funny or surprising for me to laugh too.

But I do have dimples which girls love.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol Ricky boy, you gotta practice at home in front of the mirror so you get the kind of smile you want. Then when you go out, just whip it out (your smile that is, you dirty minded bum!) and the girls will smile back, naturally.

Goku

Don Juan
Reaction score
smiling does wonders. i remember this one girl on the train, everytime i looked at her she was smiling, she seemed so friendly, i couldnt stop looking at her to see if she would stop smiling....

Reaction score
make others happy by being happy

make other happy by being happy FIRST

great post

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to the chance of this being deleted due to time, Matrix has requested me to bump this for it to stay in the High School bible. Thank you.

Mr_Aries

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep I totally agree. I have tried this and smiling/saying Hi to random people really does lift your confidence.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
smile.. it takes so less effort to do it.. yet we don't.....

anyone for further insights read "How to win friends and Influence People" by Dale Carneige...

excellent book...

johnny_depp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow that was awesome. I gree with all of that.

I admit I need to start smiling more. Plus it makes you feel better inside huh?

Thanks again.