Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Smarts" on this forum.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How smart do y'all consider yourselves?

I'd say i'm in upper 30%, my IQ is 133 according to school tests, i was in the gifted program. blah blah blah.

I'm curious after reading the "sex and Intelligence" thread.

SomethingClever

Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself pretty smart. I wouldn't say genius level, but i too have been in gifted, honors, and a.p. classes all my life. A lot of people also keep telling me i'm smart. I'd say i'm above average.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say I'm above average. I learn stuff extremely quickly and I can remember/recall details absurdly well.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a guy whose probably smarter than everyone on this forum and that includes myself and my favorite posters yet this friend of mine has almost no common sense whatsoever and as a result of that he has fallen short of the career goals he has set for himself.

Anyway though I'm not sure if common sense can be taught but I'd say its way more important to the game than being highly intelligent.

Oh crap just realized this topic was posted in anything else!

In that case I'd say I'm probably average intelligence with a high common sense level.

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
I know a guy whose probably smarter than everyone on this forum and that includes myself and my favorite posters yet this friend of mine has almost no common sense whatsoever and as a result of that he has fallen short of the career goals he has set for himself.
This, and I agree with the person above that said there are many kinds of intelligence.

My best friend at university had his IQ measured at 160, yet he has no common sense whatsoever and has still never managed to secure any kind of employment, even in unskilled manual labour.

To the original question: I'm on PhD track at university so I would consider myself at least quite intelligent in the academic sense, top 1% I guess.

Edit: Actually, re-reading the original post reminded me that I did school tests where my verbal intelligence was inside the top 1% (although it didn't say how far inside), and my general intelligence was in the top 5%. I was delighted with that at the time (I was no good in school), but now it pisses me off that 1 person in 20 is smarter than me.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
Well, the school that I go to only accepts the Top 4 percent of academically "gifted" students in New York City (This is all measured grade-wise of course...)

So yes, I would consider myself to be smart! :D

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to think I'm wiser than I am intelligent.

I believe anyone can be, or learn to become wise. So this is something that everyone can participate in. Raw intelligence is overrated, and it alone won't get you anywhere in life. But take someone who's wise, or who's working on developing wisdom, and you can go quite far and be happy to boot at almost any intelligence level.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Intelligence: The cognitive ability to understand the mechanisms by which the world works.
Wisdom: The capacity to use this understanding for the good of oneself and/or others.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
I like to think I'm wiser than I am intelligent.

I believe anyone can be, or learn to become wise. So this is something that everyone can participate in. Raw intelligence is overrated, and it alone won't get you anywhere in life. But take someone who's wise, or who's working on developing wisdom, and you can go quite far and be happy to boot at almost any intelligence level.
I agree 100%.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a genius IQ. However, intellectual intelligence—the ability to recognize patterns and analyze things—is not the same as emotional intelligence—the ability to empathize, understand emotions, and deploy social strategies. Moreover, it was Aristotle who bestowed upon us this wisdom:
With a view to action experience seems in no respect inferior to art, and men of experience succeed even better than those who have theory without experience... But yet we think that knowledge and understanding belong to art rather than to experience, and we suppose artists to be wiser than men of experience... and this because the former know the cause, but the latter do not. For men of experience know that the thing is so, but do not know why, while the others know the 'why' and the cause. Hence we think also that the masterworkers in each craft are more honourable and know in a truer sense and are wiser than the manual workers, because they know the causes of the things that are done... thus we view them as being wiser not in virtue of being able to act, but of having the theory for themselves and knowing the causes. And in general it is a sign of the man who knows and of the man who does not know, that the former can teach, and therefore we think art more truly knowledge than experience is; for artists can teach, and men of mere experience cannot.

-excerpt from Metaphysics, book one
In other words, experience trumps knowledge, but achieve both and you are the master. Emotional intelligence trumps the intellect, but achieve both and you are the wizard. Intelligence is the card you are dealt and life is not about what you have but how you use it; and though geniuses often are social dropouts, geniuses stand the most to gain.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My intellectual intelligence is extremely high (top of my class). My emotional intelligence is pretty good.

My social intelligence sucks.

And that's why I came here.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whuhahahahaha! we have the intellect, the emotional control and common sense! we are unstoppable!

On that note, i was in a rush when i wrote the OP but i meant Intelligence in all it's forms, so good on all of you who mention it.

so for the most part the people here are above average intelligence. This actually shows a positive correlation between that Sex and Intelligence article and the fact that we're here to learn to get laid/a gf/etc...

I feel like writing up a survey now :p

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not as smart, knowledgeable, experienced, socially aware, or emotionally intelligent as I wanna be.....

But I'm smarter, more knowledgeable, have more experience, and a little bit more emotionally and socially intelligent than I was before (even by just a little bit), although not nearly as much as I'm gonna be....increasing these attributes in the foreseeable future...more so than I'd thought possible in the past.....experiences, when analyzed with the right frame of can indeed increase intelligence of all levels...

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aragon034 said:
so for the most part the people here are above average intelligence. This actually shows a positive correlation between that Sex and Intelligence article and the fact that we're here to learn to get laid/a gf/etc...

I feel like writing up a survey now :p
Actually I think there's probably just a bit of a skew since more above averagely intelligent people will tend to answer this question :p

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah like me im dumb as a stump

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took an intelligence test once while being tested for ADD. They gave me the Wechsler Adult Intelligence test. I scored a 109 which is borderline genius. But when it comes to math, I'm rubbish. So, I don't really buy into the whole idea of only one type of intelligence.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was that a typo?

theunflushables said:
I took an intelligence test once while being tested for ADD. They gave me the Wechsler Adult Intelligence test. I scored a 109 which is borderline genius.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Adult_Intelligence_Scale

The median full-scale IQ is centered at 100[2], with a standard deviation of 15. In a normal distribution this IQ range (1σ above and below the mean - that is, between 85 and 115) is where approximately 68% of adults would fall.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
Darth said:
My intellectual intelligence is extremely high (top of my class). My emotional intelligence is pretty good.

My social intelligence sucks.

And that's why I came here.

Anyone care to tell me the difference between Social & Emotional Intelligence? :confused:

I thought they were one and the same...