optimist prime
Banned
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2005
- Messages
- 81
- Reaction score
- 0
Update?
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Why treat other people like victims?Originally posted by Slickster
Okay my first victim. A 24 yr old HB 8 )
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
Man this is like reading a fantasy story. Its so amazing how many clues she gave you.Originally posted by NewMan
From all accounts she is VERY innocent and probably TOO nice.
Come Friday night I give her a call only to find out from her roomate that "she's out for drinks" even though it was obvious that there was a party going on in the background. I tried calling her cell but it was turned off. Hmmm....? Something fishy going on and I think I know what it is.
Sure enough the next morning I get a call from a crying Rebecca telling me that she f*cked up and was out on a date with some guy. She tries playing it off saying that she didn't realize it was a date, blah, blah, blah. She tells me it was just drinks with a friend. I'm thinking "if it wasn't a date then why do you sound SO guilty." So I asked her, "While you were getting ready to go out with this guy did you do your hair and get dressed up nice to impress him?" There was a long pause and she replied, "Yeah, I guess it WAS a date." She assured me that nothing happened between them and she was thinking about me the whole time. I do believe her. I guess the guy couldn't have been too interesting. If he was I'm sure I'd be old hat.
Now deep down I was very dissappointed about all this. However I didn't show much emotion.(let her off to easy) I was a little distant but not upset. I just told her that her words and actions don't match up. For example, she tells me all about how she wants to be with me and only me, yet she moved away and is now dating other guys. I said if that's what you want then that is fine. Just be honest with me about it and we'll go from there. I said "I'm sure you'll figure things out, talk to you later."
A few hours later guess who is at my door crying? Rebecca made the 3 hour trek from the city to set things "right". We had a real heart to heart talk where she basically admitted how strongly she feels about me and how she is terrified of losing me. I admitted my feelings for her were the same but I gave her some tough love. I told her that actions speak louder than words and she needs to figure out what she wants. I sent her back to the city to think about it.
A couple of days later I get a call from her saying that she wants to move back to be with me. However she also adds that her decision isn't final she still has some thinking to do. She's coming back this weekend to visit and look for potential employment.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
your mailbox is full so,Originally posted by SAYNO
^
Drix you have a pm!
Originally posted by drixsa
your mailbox is full so,
sanyo,
my comments are hardly insults. You are extremely pessimistic. If you cant see how ridiculous the last post was they you do have trust issues and you are a lil crazy.
If you are offened than too bad.
The real reason this site is suffering is becuase too many people post who should just be reading.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
Actually you're thinking of histrionic personality. Trust me on this one, I doubt anyone has more experience with it than me. Histrionics are drawn to me like moths to a flame, apparently.Originally posted by optimist prime
Hit hard, what you just gave was a great example of someone with Borderline Personality Disorder. Fear of abandonment and the ability to have feelings of "love" with some new every week-just as long as it gives theme excitement and takes their mind off of their own problems.
the bold parts are the extremely negative comments...not exaclty good luck.Originally posted by SAYNO
Man this Bctch has played you and you bought into hook, line and sinker. I'm actually ashamed for you right now. But wheter you know it or not the writing was on the wall the whole time!....
Man this is like reading a fantasy story. Its so amazing how many clues she gave you.
1. The first one was about moving away, if someone is that interested in you (as she claimed to be) she would have been trying to move closer to you, not further way.
2. She was moving to be close to the guy she went out on a date with and subsenquently fuvked. If you look closer you will probably find that she communicating with him the whole time... mean-while keeping you strung on just in case.
3. not being excited to see you pulling her hand away from your hand
4. Not kissing you..
(3and 4 above happen for a variety of reasons like guilt, disintrest and also so that if the other person that they are more interested in see's the two of you together, she can always claim that you two or just friends.)
5. Whenever a women turns off her cell, that's always a bad sign. Lets, pretend for a moment that she was just on a "date" then why would she have to turn off her cell? If she had nothing to hide then she wouldn't have done so.
6. Having her roomate lie for her.
I really don't understand why you didn't wait a little while longer before you dumped corrin, at least she seemed to be a little more honest and mentally stable than rebbeca.
You said that you believed her when she said that nothing happened!
Why would you believe her when she has shown herself to be a decitful, little cvnt? She has fvcked another guy and probably sucked his dvck and you are willing to forgive her so qucikly, to me that like drinking another guys ***. You should have told her to step when she showed up at your doorstep!
Just face it man you ****ed this one up! The best you can do right now is let it go and forget about it, if you take her back she will continue to fvck this other guy, (nobody cries about just going out on a date).
Can you really see a future with a nut-job like this?
Stick a fork in him fellas...
He's done.
Sayno to lying, shceming, coniving, trifling, wh0res like this.
Sayno'
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.