Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Skinny Jeans, John Wayne, and the Feminization of America

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
That raises an interesting point - what is feminine? Of course there's boobs, thighs, and big pretty eyes. But character-wise? I never really thought about feminine traits...I just know what I like when I see it.
If I had to define femininity in general terms, it would be youthful attractiveness, sexual availability, respectable submission, and minimum recalcitrance, i.e. backtalk, sarcasm, bytchyness, etc.

That's just for starters of course. I'm sure everyone has their own checklist whether they realize it or not. The point is, these traits are not socially constructed; neither are the traits of strength, leadership, competition, physical ability, sexual prowess, and the like for men. But they CAN be mitigated by society, and that's what we're seeing in the US today.

We wouldn't even all be on this board if it weren't for the ultimate proof of this - Game and/or lack thereof - which plays to our masculine sides and females' feminine sides. The fact that this has to be done surreptitiously (and that so many men are clueless about it while feminists deny it even works) shows that we've pushed the envelope of "gender equality" about as far as it can go. But it also shows that those triggers and prompts are still there, even if law and social code have tried and failed to temper them.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the points the author brings up are retarded. I mean, what makes skinny jeans inheritently feminine besides another persons perception? Hell, the Scottish wear (or used to) bottoms that look like mini skirts in western eyes...but I doubt anyone would call William Wallace a girly man to his face if he were still alivem

Personally I don't wear skinny jeans, but I don't see anything wrong with men wearing them. Things do change in life.

The clothes don't make the man and blah blah..

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
The secret is to first figure out, "At its core, what is masculine? What is feminine?"

Is a guy masculine because he eats steak?
Damn straight he is! Even more manly with a little blood dripping from his chin too.

When defining masculine and feminine I think primally. I think of wolf packs and barbarians. Males hunt, kill, protect, and provide. This is the natural way.

How is the metro dude supposed to perform or fill any of those roles? Does he even want to? No wonder things are so fvcked up!

The problem isn't women or feminism. The problem is men forgot how or don't even want to be men. Instead of catching a fish, chopping it's head off, and slapping it in the pan for dinner, too many men are quietly munching on salads and rice cakes while discussing the problems with society and relating it to feminism. Do you think a real man gives a fvck about feminism???

It's funny but when you start acting like a man you get treated like one and everything naturally falls into place.

Modern metro man has become his own problem.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
The secret is to first figure out, "At its core, what is masculine? What is feminine?"

Is a guy masculine because he eats steak?

Slickster said:
Damn straight he is! Even more manly with a little blood dripping from his chin too.
That is tantamount to saying that a feminist girl is girly just because she wears pink

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
That is tantamount to saying that a feminist girl is girly just because she wears pink
Real feminists don't wear pink!!

It's just too... girly.

;)

Update: Okay, I didn't cook lunch last night so I had to go out to eat today. Since the other motorcycle rider who shares the primo spot at work didn't come today, going out to eat far from work meant losing it, meaning I had to go walking to the nearest fast food joint.

So I see this HB8 cutie (really young, either a senior in HS or freshman in college) sitting in the table in front of me. Of course, I smile at her and she coyly smiles back when a guy comes and sits with her. I guess he must have noticed that I was "a threat" ;) because he sat extremely close to her and began to immediately kiss her and hug her.

The guy was wearing several girly bracelets (GIRL'S BRACELETS FOR GOD'S SAKE!). Looking at their backpacks, you would not be able to tell which backpack was his and which was hers. Looked really frail too.

So I go back to my food, I notice that the girl keeps looking my way when the guy's not looking. I guess the guy either realized what was going on or he felt something was amiss because he started feeding her! That's right, he was feeding her food like she was a baby! Not content with that, he started giving her little pecks on the lips after every bite! I made a little motion as if I was going to throw up a little, giving her a wink and the girl just smiles.

LOL. Yep, this guy was pvssified alright.

P.S. To our younger readers: please don't be a pvssy. Be a man.

Last edited:

DonJuan_DeRosco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, the Scottish wear (or used to) bottoms that look like mini skirts in western eyes...
Kilts ain't mini. They go down to just above your knee.

Mini skirts are just below the p*ssy. ;)

Just had to clear that up.

:D

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
We are talking about image here right? Masculine and feminine images? In a general sense?

In that case I would say yes pink looks more girly than blue. Long hair is more feminine than short. Steak appears more manly than tofu. A sports car looks more manly than a scooter, etc.

Does that mean a meat eating guy who drives a black sports car is more of a "man" than the guy eating tofu riding his baby blue Vespa? Of course not but does he look more masculine? Who is more sexy to the average woman?

I'm not saying it is right but isn't that the way it is in general?

The original article is obviously written from a "metro" point of view. Head out of the big city and into the rest of the world and the skinny jean, satchel, scarf, and tofu guys are tougher to find. Why is that?

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
The original article is obviously written from a "metro" point of view. Head out of the big city and into the rest of the world and the skinny jean, satchel, scarf, and tofu guys are tougher to find. Why is that?
I feel like burning my pink shirt collection and heading out into the countryside in my boot-cut jeans and manly checked shirts, and talk low and talk slow like the Duke. Riding off into the sunset, but making sure to steer clear of that narrow passage up to Brokeback mountain though.... :crackup:

Seriously - Women say jump and most of us all jump... desperate suckers gaging for their attention and a quick fumble of their promised land.

Metro male = a women's pink poodle.

Make your own rules, live your own life and women will be gaging for your attention and giving you a free season ticket to their promised land...

Got to admit, I am from out of town, and every time I head in to the big city, it feels like I am in a huge episode of Will & Grace. Women want real men - I repeat it: women want real men. Don't hand them your balls on a plate, so they can wrap them up in feminine pink and tofu. You are the man, you make the rules, not them.

If being a real man is not good enough for them, next them. Simple.

MSwrestler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reallly... its feminine to wear a vneck? **** is stupid, and what if I want to eat a salad over steak at the moment this is full of retardation.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Night Owl said:
I feel like burning my pink shirt collection and heading out into the countryside in my boot-cut jeans and manly checked shirts, and talk low and talk slow like the Duke. Riding off into the sunset, but making sure to steer clear of that narrow passage up to Brokeback mountain though.... :crackup:
It always bugs me that city dwellers seem to have this attitude that anywhere outside the big city is Hicksville.

I live in currently live in a smaller city that has a good mix of big city and small town feel. It's a world away from Hicksville but I know people from the city who think it is. Two years ago my wife's friend came to visit and brought her bf, both from the big city. He was a male model and showed up wearing the most metro stylish get up imaginable. I took him out one night with the guys to a local drinking establishment and the guy stood out like an idiot. Nobody could take this guy seriously. He looked almost clownish. Total peacocking! I actually had a couple women come ask me about him. (probably because he was really good looking.) They asked me why he was dressed like that with a real disappointed look. It was funny. After spending 3 days with us I think he figured it out and started dressing down a bit.

It makes me wonder what is more uncomfortable. A metro guy hanging in a small town environment or a small town guy hanging in the big city?

It is a good question to ask yourself. Would I be comfortable wearing these metro clothes and hairdo if I wasn't living here in the city? If not why am I wearing them? The answer should say a lot about you and your masculinity. It is my opinion that in general "men" don't really give a damn about how they look. I'm not saying that real men don't want to look good, etc. It just gets to a point where you start caring too much about it and that is when I think it becomes feminine.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A real man should have legs muscular enough that they won't fit in skinny jeans anyway.

When I was shopping for jeans last time, the cute retail chick tried to sell me a pair of those skinny jeans. I can't get my calves pass the legs of those bloody things!

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
A real man should have legs muscular enough that they won't fit in skinny jeans anyway.

When I was shopping for jeans last time, the cute retail chick tried to sell me a pair of those skinny jeans. I can't get my calves pass the legs of those bloody things!
So you DID actually try them on ?? ;) :D

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I was showing her my calves next to the jeans legs so she would shut up about the skinny jeans.

Plus, muscular calves turn 'em on. :D

Should've asked her to come to the change room to help me try putting the skinny jeans on, shouldn't I?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
No, I was showing her my calves next to the jeans legs so she would shut up about the skinny jeans.

Plus, muscular calves turn 'em on. :D

Should've asked her to come to the change room to help me try putting the skinny jeans on, shouldn't I?
The last sentence ^^ :rockon:

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brokeback mountain seems more and more like some feminazi propaganda trying to even further emasculate men by hitting at the one thing that was pretty much considered to be manly anymore.. Wow that stupid azz scumbag taiwanese director (its ok my family is from there) should have been shot for that sh1t, punk azz traitor to men. too many ***** bois like him around now who are just trying to sell out other men..

Night Owl said:

Seriously - Women say jump and most of us all jump... desperate suckers gaging for their attention and a quick fumble of their promised land.

Metro male = a women's pink poodle.

Make your own rules, live your own life and women will be gaging for your attention and giving you a free season ticket to their promised land...

Got to admit, I am from out of town, and every time I head in to the big city, it feels like I am in a huge episode of Will & Grace. Women want real men - I repeat it: women want real men. Don't hand them your balls on a plate, so they can wrap them up in feminine pink and tofu. You are the man, you make the rules, not them.

If being a real man is not good enough for them, next them. Simple.

ken chang

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen, brother. The reason is that boys just don't have role models anymore. There are no more action heroes like Clint Eastwood or John Wayne. Who do we have out there now? The Jonas brothers?! Puh-lease!

I actually made a post similar to this, blaming Hollywood for the lack of masculinity in today's movies.

I took my young nephew out once so that he could buy a new pencil case. I thought he would choose one with a Superman or Batman design. He chose the Powerpuff girls.

Broke my heart.