Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Skin care regimen

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any good skin care tips? My skin looks like the skin of someone who has been outdoor doing sports and partied until the late hours too much...

I was thinking of going to Sephora but would probably only end up flirting with the women there

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont clean your face with soap but get a alcohol free cleanser. Get a good sun cream and always put it on, even on days where there's no clear sunshine .

Get a scrub and scrub your face weekly. Get a day and night cream. Only buy good and established brands. Do your research before purchasing .

Get good sunglasses on top of all this. At your age you might wanna stay away from alcohol, and if possible tobacco. Sleep enough. WORK OUT!! Eat healthy ! Plenty of fruits and veggies. Visit the doctor and get a blood test. See if there are deficiencies and or allergies you can tackle.

savi0r

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use The Ordinary products. They have worked for me. They come in kits, also. I use them in the morning and evening. The order is : cleanser, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, hydrating creeme. In the night, after all the water based products i use a retinoid creeme, sometimes i use ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It definetly made a difference.

Reaction score
Cerave and Cetaphil have some kickass bar soaps for us guys. I need to start using my Bulldog moisturizers again. And you need to use the facewashes over the soaps for your face. And just like jazz flute, bodywashes and the '3-in-1's' are typically for little fairy boys.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use the CeraVe products like the ones savior mentioned, they have a line of products for different stages of the day. I also use a mineral sunscreen a derm friend of mine suggested. She always gets on my case about it.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It probably varies with your skin type, I don't know what works for everyone. I seem more prone to dry and discolored skin than anything, so accordingly I never wash my face. Literally, haven't in years. Your skin has something called a "horny layer" that acts as a barrier and that scrubbing it removes this and leaves you skin more prone to damage. At most, I'll put my face up to the shower head and lightly run my hands through it once or twice. I avoid hot showers too, and turn the temp way down when washing my hair.

I don't have a set routine but I use serums based on Retinol, Vitamin C & E, Hyaluronic / Ferulic acid. Otherwise I just use a simple gold bond or cerave lotion.

I also avoid going outside too long during peak UV hours. When I do go outside for any prolonged periods I always use a lot of sunscreen on my face and neck. One of my sunscreens has aloe vera and that seems to do wonders for my skin as well. I don't know if mineral sunscreens are better for your skin but they don't give you xenoestrogens at least. One last thing to note is that UV light can still be high even when its cloudy or cold. UV has doesn't correlate as much with light or heat as people think. Check UV index for your area.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genetics is a lot of it also. My family doesn’t get wrinkles. At 34 I’ve been told my skin looks like I’m 18.

I also drink minimum 100 oz of water a day, wear sunscreen, and eat a pescatarian diet.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genetics is a lot of it also. My family doesn’t get wrinkles. At 34 I’ve been told my skin looks like I’m 18.

I also drink minimum 100 oz of water a day, wear sunscreen, and eat a pescatarian diet.
Black don't crack

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any good skin care tips? My skin looks like the skin of someone who has been outdoor doing sports and partied until the late hours too much...

I was thinking of going to Sephora but would probably only end up flirting with the women there
I've been using clinique m lotion since around 20 (now 43). Used to also use their scuffing lotion and soap, but dropped them adter not being convinced they were necessary fron stuff i read.

Personally from what I've gleaned I think what you put into your body is more important. I've always drunk several pints of water a day and my diet has been what fitness enthusiasts woukd call clean... perhaps a cheat meal or two week.

It's a little like lifting weights naturally imo. Following those steps won't make an immediate noticeable difference, but over time your skin will look gradually healthier compared to not following those steps.

Also genetics play significant part. I spent most weekends my twenties drinking to extremes, periods of doing coke, pills, smoking cigarettes all weekend, laying in sun with no cream, using sunbeds etc and I still look much younger than my brother
whos 3 years younger than me from same parents. He's lead t total life, fitness fanatic etc, not sat in sun like me.

My sleep is also not textbook. Regularly only get 4 or 5 hours a sleep with s night or 2 a week of 9 or 10 hours.

People regularly shocked when they find out my age guessing more at early 30's

Stack the odds in your favour by following advice above over long term for best results imo.

Reaction score
"I usually prefer to wear cologne daily, but this summer season is shaping up to be different. I'm using Old Spice Swagger deodorant and it is arguably too strong, so I'll just plan on pairing that with a deodorant bar soap. As far as my typical summertime soaps go, I'll use Dial antibacterial, Safeguard, or Cetaphil Deep Cleaning Bar. Cetaphil bar soap is too strong of a masking scent to pair it comfortably with a cologne IMO, but Dial white is basically a scent free deodorant soap if you must wear cologne during the peak season. For the few times I use bodywash during the summer, it has got to be Irish Spring or Old Spice high endurance because they are the only ones that keep me fresh enough compared to bars." **Taken from my post in the archives section**^^^

Keeping fresh in the high heat in places I've lived like Bahrain and U.A.E., I'd rock the Old Spice Timber bar soap which is out of production, Dial and even had success with the Kirkland brand from Costco. If you need to deodorize your nuts, try Fresh Balls or an antiperspirant of your preference...anti-chafe sticks might work but tend to be weaker than the other two options. The latter became an issue when I was 29, likely hormone changes.

Lotion, I damn near broke out in hives using a Lubriderm mens when I lived in Europe but switched over to Curel unscented after spending a few extra bucks on it and have relied on it faithfully. I also like the Vaseline brand line of lotions for a cheaper option, I stocked up on it at a warehouse discounter. I've supplemented with helpful things like CoQ10, Vitamin D, B-complex/Vitamin E/fish oils/CLA but on & off and turmeric.