Situation with the Ex...

A-Man2151

Don Juan
Reaction score
About two years ago my girlfriend broke up with me. For both of us, it was our first serious relationship. She just wanted to be single and not grasp onto the first serious guy she was with. Whatever, I'm completely over that, and have matured a lot since then. I heeded the advice of everyone on here, and moved on, completely cutting off all ties of communication in the two years since. It was a mature break-off, no hard feelings.

In the time since, I have met tons of girls, hit it off with a few, but nothing too serious. I met my ex through a couple of my best girl friends, so it was inevitable we would cross paths eventually. I actually hosted a party for one of my best girlfriends at my house recently, and my ex asked if she could attend since she is friends with my friend. I said yes, it was not an issue at all, not making a big deal out of it. That was pretty much the only communication we've had in the past two years.

We didn't talk much at all at my house or at the bar after, just friendly banter here and there, and that was that. I'm not gonna go nearly as far as to say I 'miss her' but the next couple days I couldn't help but wonder what was goin' on in her life, since at one point we were so close. She works fairly close to where I live, and I was pondering the idea of asking her to hang out again sometime, but I don't know how to approach it. Since she broke up with me, if I asked her to hang out, would that be conveying a message like 'Hey, I never really got over you in the past two years'.

Even though that's not the case, that's the last message I want to send. I'm not really sure what I would want to get out of being close to her again...if she said yes to hangin' out, I guess I would just go with the flow and see where it led. I know it's probably not Don Juan-ish to resort back to trying to hang out with an ex that dumped me, but I was wondering if anyone had been in a situation like this, or had any input.

acehole

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I've been there. I dated this girl for 2 years and lived with her for one of those. We broke up I actually moved out because she didnt wanna fix sh1t. Two years past were we saw each other maybe twice if that. I did think about her all the time still though. I wanted to get back with her etc. hang out what have you. Well one night I was drunk and called her and left a message (after 2 years of not talking). She called the next day. We ended up fvcking talking etc. Then we moved back in together, then the b1tch moved out a couple of days ago. we were together for about 1.5 years the second time around.

Reaction score
It's a bad idea, bro. You'll just go down the same path with her again. Plus, what if she's dating someone else. You don't need to know that some douche is rocking it now.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She broke up with you and you want to be friends?

Seriously?

She completely disrespected you. "You're not good enough for me."

Pffft... she can die in a fire.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best chick I've ever dated pulled this on me a couple years later.. She actually initiated the contact and wanted to go out as a group with some of her friends and some of my friends.

After we went out I tried to take her on a date the next week, was pretty awkward and after the date I could tell she wasn't interested.

Then I bumped into her 2 years later at the bar, took her home and F'd her. The only difference was this time SHE was asking me to come over.

If your gonna call her outta thin air after 2 years.. You're just chucking up a 80 yard bomb into the end zone and hoping that she's emotional available.. But if you can take the beating.. what do you gotta lose.