Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Situation in a class

Von Baken Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I was in a computer lab class helping out this girl (#1) and her friend (#2) - Which I wana take out. The three of us started talking and at a given point, girl #1 is bussy sending SMSs to a few frieds of her. Me and girl #2 started talking alone, I did some kino on her. She touched back a couple of times, I got her laughing, kept eye contact with her. At some point after a few silent seconds of eye contact she says "You have pretty eyes" and we keep talking. This leads up to the point where I just asked her number... and she didn't wana give it to me.

So, was I being played by the chick (into helping her)? Did I rush into it?

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, u didnt wait too long u did good, but u messed have messed up somehwere...think about it again...or maybe she is taken or how did uask for her number?

Escalade

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was probably how you ask her...you don't want to give her the option of 'no.'

Next time be like, "Hey, I have to go but write down your number so we can talk again some time."

...instead of...

"Hey, can I have your number so maybe we can hook up and go out on a date sometime?"

Von Baken Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks both of you for your help.

Originally posted by dip
how did uask for her number?
"Hey, can I have your number so maybe we can hook up and go out on a date sometime?"
Well, I asked it when she picked up her mobile phone. I don't remember really well what I said, but I didn't say it in the lines of "give me your phone number so we can go out". It was more like "can you give me your phone number?". Then she asked "why do you want my phone number", and I said "so I can call you in the middle of the night" (joking, and she laughed a bit before getting of the topic and going back to the project).

Next time be like, "Hey, I have to go but write down your number so we can talk again some time."
Well, don't you think she can/would go like "Well, we can talk here at scholl" or "We can talk again on our next comp. class"?

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you covered yourself pretty good...next time ask her to see her cell, and store ur number in it

Von Baken Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still analyzing this situation because the girl keeps sending decent signals... she responds really well to touch, laughs a lot to the stuff I say (well, I'm funny and can make people laugh, so it's possible that it's not direct interest signal).
Before our last class she asked me to go with her to a coffee shop near scholl to take breakfast... (does this mean anything?). In that class (her friend wasn't there) we laughed a lot, and I went for "semi-sexual-jokes" and stuff like "Well, we goin' to your place or mine?" (her anwser was around "let's do it right now in the street" and I went like "it's not a really good idea, it's raining out there").

Anyways, one of her (girl) friends told me she lied to her mother about passing a subject in scholl. She's probably manipulative...

I want to clear the all "manipulation vs interest" thing, so, are there any any (other) signals I should be alert to?

Originally posted by dip
Well, you covered yourself pretty good...next time ask her to see her cell, and store ur number in it
:)

I actually saw her phone number (but didn't write it) while she was logging in to some sms site in one class... but I think it's not nice to call when she hasn't given me her number.

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Von Baken Dude
I'm still analyzing this situation
Correction: You're OVER-ANALYZING this situation.

People don't you realise that actually having the number means precisely nothing. It's all about giving off a sort of SOI (statement of interest). You ask her for her number and she gives it to you. BOOM. She's knows you're interested and you know she is too.

You asked her for her number and she said no? This would indicate one of two things to me:
1. She's not interested and just wants to string you along. You're stuck in the Flirt Zone.
2. She was trying the old 'playing hard to get' trick. Boring.

What to do:
1. NEXT.
2. Cut off a lot of attention. Make her really want you then try for the number again (guys, it doesn't fvcking matter how you phrase it). If she says yes, you're in. If she says no, well... NEXT.

There ya go. Now do yourself a favour and in future don't care so much and stop over analyzing situations like this. Overanalyzing = counter-productive.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fragmentor's hit the nail on the head. It seems like she wasn't too interested in you. I wouldn't waste my time chatting with her if she wouldn't give out her phone number.

Usually when you ask for the number and they give it, you can judge their interest level. Take this example that happened to me on Wednesday. I put my logbook on this girl's desk behind me and told her "Hey Laura, write your number down for me." She said in a raised and excited tone "Ohhhh you want my phone number?" I simply nodded and said "Yeah." She wrote it absolutely HUGE on my book (taking up the entire week of March 30th to April 5th), told me this was the actual number to reach her at, told me hardly anyone ever calls her, and asked "What are you going to do with it? Prank call me?" I told her "Hey, that's a good idea! (with a smile) No, actually I was going to just call nine times a day."

That was Wednesday. I called earlier today but she was at work, told her mom to tell her I called. I'm thinking I got a decent shot with her, much better than a lot of other girls I've attempted to get with :D

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well DJ'ed Shiz, but this caught my attention:

I'm thinking I got a decent shot with her
Don't you mean she's got a decent chance with you? :)

JRay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Von Baken Dude
Before our last class she asked me to go with her to a coffee shop near scholl to take breakfast... (does this mean anything?).
Interesting, she would not give you her phone number, but she askes you to go out to breakfast with her.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I c plenty of explanations. Most are bad, but there is QUITE a chance that she doesn't wanna chat on the phone with a fella cuz of her parents/when you asked her she was concerned with her friend. Possibly, her friend really likes u and she flirts cuz its fun, but doesn't wanna start trouble with her buddy.

Although the closes these guys gave were alrite, in the future, to avoid such problems close like this:

"Hey, I've had the wierdest hankering for ice cream/hot chocolate lately, we should get some, It'll b tons of fun <smile>"

Or something like that. Date closing is WAY better when you see the girl every day.

Also, when some girl compliments you on something like that I either kiss em or bust out coky/funny with something like "Yeah, I know... thats what my mommy always tells me"

Anyhoo, as far as what you should do now... you say she responds to touching - take it to another level. When the too of you are walkin throw your arm around her and rest it on her love handle. If she looks @ you, just wink and keep walkin with ur arm around her like its nothing. If her response is positive, date close on her. Make it ambiguous so she can't come up with an 'I'm busy' excuse. If she responds well, go out with her.

If she doesnt respond well to any of your advances, cut to minimal contact, and work on her friend. Jealousy is a DJ's best friend.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fragmentor
Don't you mean she's got a decent chance with you? :)
LOL, I'm dumb sometimes. You are correct, sir :D

Von Baken Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fragmentor
Correction: You're OVER-ANALYZING this situation.

Fragmentor's hit the nail on the head. It seems like she wasn't too interested in you. I wouldn't waste my time chatting with her if she wouldn't give out her phone number.
That's why I'm analyzing the situation, so that in the next time I get some "positive feedback" I can try to tell if the girl is interested or not/just fooling around. I don't wana waste my time with a girl who just wants to flirt around.

Interesting, she would not give you her phone number, but she askes you to go out to breakfast with her.
So, I'm fun to be around. Either that, or the girl doesn't like going for breakfast alone.

Or something like that. Date closing is WAY better when you see the girl every day.

Also, when some girl compliments you on something like that I either kiss em or bust out coky/funny with something like "Yeah, I know... thats what my mommy always tells me"
Check; You go for the kiss in the mouth? Just for a compliment?

Anyway, I'll cut the contact to hi/bye in the next couple of weeks, talk with someone else during the damn class, and then try to get a date close later on.

Thanks for your help.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, girls always talk about my eyes, I always look deeply into theirs, wisper "c'mere" and kiss 'em.

Von Baken Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
She has a boyfriend.

I heard a conversation between girls #1 and #2 where they were asking eachother how their "boys" were doing. I'm out.

Originally posted by REDblueOI
Ya, girls always talk about my eyes, I always look deeply into theirs, wisper "c'mere" and kiss 'em.
girl: "you have nice _whatever_"
boy: "come here"
* kiss *
* girl slaps boy * :)