Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Single mommy by choice complains that folks don't want to help her

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I haul multiple shopping bags from my boot, while my toddler skitters between parked cars, my neighbour nods hello from his back porch, while ashing his cigarette.

Each week – despite knowing that I am a solo mother by choice with a donor-conceived son and no partner at home – my neighbour watches me teeter inside, a leaning tower of motherhood with hefty bags and a yelling child attached to my shins. I smile brightly and say hello, but my mind is a static of expletives: why doesn’t he offer to f------ help?!
my opinion: You want a man to help? Give him access to the Golden Vajaya, preferrably when you want to get pregnant. :rolleyes:

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I haul multiple shopping bags from my boot, while my toddler skitters between parked cars, my neighbour nods hello from his back porch, while ashing his cigarette.

Each week – despite knowing that I am a solo mother by choice with a donor-conceived son and no partner at home – my neighbour watches me teeter inside, a leaning tower of motherhood with hefty bags and a yelling child attached to my shins. I smile brightly and say hello, but my mind is a static of expletives: why doesn’t he offer to f------ help?!
The level of entitlement is through the roof but that's modern wymynz for ya. They think that other people exist solely for their convenience. It hasn't even occurred to her that the guy would rather enjoy a cigarette on his back porch than deal with her groceries and screaming "donor-conceived" child. If you want him to offer help, maybe try doing something neighbourly yourself first, like bake him a cake or offer to come clean his house. I bet that would work better than writing an indignant article on the internet.

If this were a town square, a hundred years ago, my neighbour would no doubt get off his arse and help carry my bags or watch my child while I do the return trip to get the second load. But parenting and all its attendant domestic minutia has become increasingly atomised.
If this was a town square a hundred years ago, she would be mercilessly shamed for having a child out of wedlock. Go back another couple of hundred years and she would have been tarred and feathered or maybe even stoned to death. So yeah, maybe don't pine for the "good old days".

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If he did offer to help with the groceries, she’d probably complain about him smoking in the house.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The level of entitlement is through the roof but that's modern wymynz for ya. They think that other people exist solely for their convenience. It hasn't even occurred to her that the guy would rather enjoy a cigarette on his back porch than deal with her groceries and screaming "donor-conceived" child. If you want him to offer help, maybe try doing something neighbourly yourself first, like bake him a cake or offer to come clean his house. I bet that would work better than writing an indignant article on the internet.

If this was a town square a hundred years ago, she would be mercilessly shamed for having a child out of wedlock. Go back another couple of hundred years and she would have been tarred and feathered or maybe even stoned to death. So yeah, maybe don't pine for the "good old days".
They sound pretty good to me...