Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Single & career

NDGUY88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you single guys feel there's a sense of discrimination in the workplace for older unmarried guys? I am only 25, but I've noticed the one guy over 30 in my office who isn't married seems to be treated a bit unfairly in certain aspects. I am 100% certain I won't be married at 30, but I worry not being married will prevent me from moving up the ladder. Anybody ever experience this?

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It might be that guy regardless of if he's married or not. I am in my 30s and my buddy is in his 40s and we both do well and get along with everyone. No one judge us any different. Actually the ladies love us.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In certain work environments it's pretty common. It also depends on how well you guard your boundaries.

Just because your single and don't have children, a lot of people with children like to assume your private time has NO VALUE. They feel like you are not in a position to refuse working till late in the evening.
They act like having children is something that was out of their control. Of course I realize how accidental pregnancies CAN happen. I've had my share of pregnancy scares too! But don't start guilt-tripping me when you have to face the consequences of you not wrapping it up when you were desparately effin that hideous ***** night-after-night.

Corporate brain-drain
At bigger (500+ employees) companies, the HR departments consist of solely female employees. When times get rough and the company has to lay off an X amount of employees on the workfloor, guess who goes first? Unmarried, childless men. By default.
Why? Because those women would feel bad :rolleyes: for laying off someone with a child. Forget about rational, business-like decision making when there's women in charge.

Personal example:
Four years ago I worked at a company with about 30,000 employees. At a certain point they had to lay off around 5,000 employees, to prevent bankruptcy. As a single guy, I was immediately put on the list of people to be dismissed.
Quite frankly, the previous manager I worked with for two years heard about it and thought they were insane for firing one of the few guys who actually knew his job inside-out and did it WELL. He got me transferred to another department.

Bottomline:
As a single guy you ALWAYS have to deliver on the job. No excuses.

NDGUY88

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing that worries me is I don't ever want to get married or have kids. The guy I am talking about has a serious gf, so they probably view him as somewhat stable. I worry I'll get passed over bc I won't be seen as "stable" bc I won't be tied down. I work at a fairly small investment firm, so people know your business, whether you want them to or not. And it's hard for me to vocalize the fact I am choosing career over a wife and kids bc I don't want to be ostracized. However, being professionally successful is my biggest goal in life.

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say you're dating someone in a long-distance relationship. That's why this girl can't be around during work functions.