Since there are so many posts on acme already....

DaVinci

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since there are so many posts on acne already....

Here's my simple guide.

1. Don't pop... alot. Sometimes a pimple needs to be popped. Best to go to a doctor for it(especially cysts) but sometimes moneys short.

2. Go to a derm if your acne is bad. FOLLOW THERE INSTRUCTIONS. even if your face is worse at first.Give it at least a month.

3. Minor Acme try 5& benzyl Peroxide(sp?) and a Light face wash twice a day.

4.Wash after doing hard pysical labor that makes you sweat.

5. Put on a face moisturizer.(non-oil based) It will help your skin from flaking and causing blackheads.

6. look into a mud mask once a month.

8. For scaring look into a chemical peel or laser treatment.

9. Look into different Vitimins such as A and C, there's also things like Alpha & Beta Toner. Ask around at stores that sell items what would be best for you. Don't spend thousands of dollars at a cosmetic store though. ;)

10. Figure out if you have a prblem with blackheads, acme, domes, oily sking, dry skin, combo skin. That way you can better help you dermotologist prescribe medicine.

Last edited:

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
A C N E

not

A C M E

this isnt a warner brothers cartoon man

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -k2
A C N E

not

A C M E

this isnt a warner brothers cartoon man
LOL Awsome!

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also visit a tanning salon, so the acne isn't as visable.

Try using different facecare products to see witch ones give you the best results.

DaVinci

Don Juan
Reaction score
tanning isn't good for acne as it irratate's skin and cause's delayed outbreaks. A little tan won't hurt to much but you realy should try to avoid the sun. Plus a lot of acne creams make the skin more vunerable to burns. Read the labels and they'll say use with SPF15 or higher. ect.

Though for spots tanning does help I agree.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your face should be in the sun about 5-10 minutes a day. that will actually improve your skin condition in the long run. anything longer than that or a sunburn will probably make you breakout.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i had very mild acne, and proactiv took it all away.... proactiv works at least for me, so give it a try....

jasonrivera

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen to #3! 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide did WONDERS for my face. I only apply it once a day, at night. Before going to bed, I wash my face with this Neutrogena Face Cleanser soap-like thing, then dry my face off and rub a dime-sized dab on each cheek and a bit on the forehead. It'll sting a little (a little, not alot) for the first several days, then your skin will get used to it and you wont feel a thing. I had mild acne (was using Proactiv for a few months, which helped, but then I ran out and was too broke to order more, so the acne came back), and BP almost completely wiped out all my acne in about 2-3 weeks. You can grab a small (SMALL) sleeve from Walgreens for a lil over 5 bucks.

JudgementDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
I still have some, but getting your essential EFA's every day seemed to help clear up most of my acne.

werdmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
acme-the highest point achievable

Just alil vocab for u

DaVinci, does that spray tan they do at the salon, Mystic Tan, cause u to break out?