Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Simple & trivial question about being alpha/beta

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple & trivial question: Is a man who is deliberately sitting alone in a room full of people alpha or beta? Some people might say he's alpha because he doesn't care about what's normal and what other people think. Others might say he's a beta foreveraloner with social anxiety. It seems to me that looks & likeability play a major role when people call a man "alpha" or "beta".

Example 1
Guy who hates lone wolf: Look at that beta phagg** over there, sitting alone because he got no friends.

Infatuated girl:
Don't talk like that! He's simply unique & I like quiet, aloof guys.

Example 2
Guy who admires lone wolf: That quiet dude over there doesn't even look at ordinary people like us. Dude is a real boss.

Indifferent girl:
I just think he's weird.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
A man who earns twice as much as you and who is twice as handsome as you who is sitting alone in a room is Alpha.

A chubby, Feminist man who lives with his mom and who is out with all of his best high school buddies in the same room is Beta.

Whether or not somebody is alone has very little to do with it. Danger (Secret Agent) Man always traveled alone. Business men and entrepreneurs often travel alone.

But make no mistake, some men are afraid to go out alone and they are indeed ultra-Beta.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Supreme Example of Beta Male
Guy who hates lone wolf: Look at that beta phagg** over there, sitting alone because he got no friends.

An Alpha doesn't go around directly calling other people (versus their behaviors) Beta. This reeks of insecurity.

UPDATE - Any time a man goes to a bar with more than one or two other guys, he is declaring himself to be a Gamma male. It ought to be against the law.

Last edited:

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As it has been said, a Beta won't go alone to a restaurant/bar. He will order pizza to his home and fap to his waifu. This said, I don't like to eat out alone, unless I'm traveling and I can't cook by myself. But maybe this is a european thing, we mostly eat out with friends/family.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like the terms "alpha" and "beta" to describe men. A better description is "preferred" verse "other".

Preferred are men are guys that most women find attractive. These are men with good careers and/or social status, money, good looking, and who are in shape. It is possible that you will find a man that is in the top 10% in status, money and looks, who is shy and a bit introverted. Women will STILL find him more attractive than an average dude who behaves with confidence.

LMS is a function of attraction, behavior is what keeps a woman hooked or drives her off.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As James Brown said, "I got mine. Don't care about his."

If you go out by yourself and sit by yourself but are worried about what people think-beta.

IMVHO Alpha-beta are stupid terms and create a false polarity. In implies that are you are alpha or you aren't. There are times in my life when I am alpha as **** and times when I am not. Makes me a normal human being.

I cringe every time I see someone posting a "is this alpha?" post. If you are asking the question you are not yet capable of really understanding the answer. It is not a comparison or a checklist. If you are doing the stuff that you want to do, behaving the way that you want to behave and not giving a **** about what other people think that is Alpha. It can also be autistic, asocial and being a a-grade *******.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed I called for a moratorium and the A and B words over a year ago.

Remember: Alpha means better. You can't be A better and you can't be MORE better. You can just be relatively better than the people around you.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Who really gives a sh*t? I'm doing what I want = alpha

I'm scared that no one will like me. I need some sort of social proof = beta
Spot on.

The more you care what other people think, the more beta you are. The more you live by our own beliefs, values, rules, etc. the more alpha you are.

You can even identify the trend in PUA teachings. When PUA started the big thing was "be a challenge" to women. But what does that mean? What makes a man a challenge? A man is a challenge when he doesn't fall in line and follow a woman's rules like 90% of beta men.

Women love a trained man, but they don't respect one. They see him as too weak and insecure to rock the boat. So she doesn't feel like she is in the presence of an actual "man". More like a boy looking for approval from his mommy.. only in the form of a girlfriend or wife. This makes her vagina dry.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
The word Alpha implies the stronger or strongest (i.e., better) wolf in the pack. Alpha behavior theory originated by studying wolves. More generally, Alpha means Grade A. Grade A > Grade B. But Grade A does not hold any other meaning except relative. An object can't be "Grade A" in and of itself. It has to be Grade A something. Likewise, an Alpha has to be in an environment where he can compete. The Alpha is the one who will be boss, President, Quarterback, CEO, et cetera. But a person can't just say "I'm President" without others asking "President of what?"

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy, if the guy is comfortable then he's cool.
If he's nervous, eyes darting, he's a chump.

Either way that doesn't help much, because you can't try to look comfortable alone, you gotta be it. Have you ever had an after work drink? Just go to a nice place, have a beer and relax. Read some papers, watch a game in the sports bar, whatever. Society telling you it's weird to be out alone? Get real. Every grandpa does it.

P.S.: No wolves please

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
The term 'alpha' as used in the manosphere has f*ck all to do with wolves. You are way off. You are an unwitting 'Etymology hater' which belies your blue pill nature which I've seen you express often enough on here.

Direct quote from 'The Rational Male':

"5. Etymology Hate

Hater: Your definition of an alpha male is false. In the animal kingdom, the alpha male is leader of the pack, not a cad/badboy/jerk who pumps and dumps women."
Well, if you were here in the same room as me, I'd stand face to face with you and, unless you're 6'5" 240, lean and mean, you'd submit to the fact that I'm the Alpha between the two of us. That is the definition of Alpha. The one who wins in a face to face standoff. Maybe you would win. But unless you're an NFL player and/or makes $200K per year, probably not.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Well, if you were here in the same room as me, I'd stand face to face with you and, unless you're 6'5" 240, lean and mean, you'd submit to the fact that I'm the Alpha between the two of us. That is the definition of Alpha. The one who wins in a face to face standoff. Maybe you would win. But unless you're an NFL player and/or makes $200K per year, probably not.
Try that in my world of securities lawyers, investment bankers and money managers some time.

They need the laughs.