Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Simp discussion: Paying a lady to watch a cinema movie with you

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was on this other board and they were discussing whether it would make sense to pay a woman for a date.

This one poster talked about paying a woman in order to watch a movie at the cinema with her. Just like a hang-out. She would have to buy her own drinks or food or whatnot. I'm like why bother to watch a movie with anyone at all with THAT arrangement, just watch it by yourself because that's pure simpery.

The world has come to that folks. It's really hard out there for these ideas to have traction and be taken seriously. The bar gets lower every day.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I was on this other board and they were discussing whether it would make sense to pay a woman for a date.

This one poster talked about paying a woman in order to watch a movie at the cinema with her. Just like a hang-out. She would have to buy her own drinks or food or whatnot. I'm like why bother to watch a movie with anyone at all with THAT arrangement, just watch it by yourself because that's pure simpery.

The world has come to that folks. It's really hard out there for these ideas to have traction and be taken seriously. The bar gets lower every day.
Yup. Watch it alone. Watch it with a guy friend. Or even go with a female friend that you don’t have to pay for company.

I would say that, in this case, it isn’t about the movie. He’s desperate for female attention and willing to pay for it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand this at all. When men have done movie dates in theaters for decades, they've often picked up the cost of her movie ticket. In addition, men have paid for popcorn, snacks, sodas, etc. That's basically paying for them to go to movies with you.

I'm getting the feeling that men are soon going to be paying women for to show up on dates + paying for the entirety dates. For instance, with a drinks date, you'll see men pay $20 for her to show up, then paying for her drinks + his drinks. If women started to get paid to show up, it might reduce flaking, but I think that number would have to be $50 to make a difference on flaking. If a woman gets paid $20 to show up to a 2-3 hour date, that's around minimum wage or less in certain states in the USA. That's not a motivation, but $50 might be. That's a frightening concept. I wouldn't want to partake in this but with dating apps getting so competitive, it's possible that this could become a reality with dating apps.

A variation of the previous paragraph already exists with sugar babies. The ranks of sugar babies have been growing in the past 10-15 years. The gap between sugar baby and conventional woman could narrow if the previous paragraph becomes reality.

Additionally, women can set up multiple streams of income around their looks. You could have a woman combine being an OnlyFans woman, a Twin Peaks employee, and a sugar baby. She could even monetize her Instagram/YouTube/TikTok. From ages 20-35, it's possible for a woman using that combination to be among the Top 10% of income earners.

In the last 20 years or so, there's been a new concept of movie theater. See Studio Movie Grill below, with locations in California, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Texas. You can get full meals and alcoholic drinks while watching a movie in theaters.

In the last 23 years (since I turned 16), I have done very few movie theater dates. I have never liked movie theaters and movie theater dates.

There hasn't been much of a need for movie theaters since the early 2000s. Netflix got big as a disc rental service in the 2000s and then moved to a streaming service in the 2010s. Hulu and Amazon have been streaming since ~2010 as well. There are tons of other streaming services as well. In addition, TV set technology has gotten way better in the last 20 years. Most of us have big enough TV set screens in our living rooms at this point. Any set above 35 inches isgreat and can replicate a movie theater experience.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I dont mind paying for her movie ticket and mine. My girl always pays for our dinner/popcorn/drinks/desserts/snacks and that ends up being more expensive than our movie tickets. She is putting more money in the relationship than I am.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure why you would pay her directly but make her buy her own food and drinks. Why not just pay for the ticket and a box of popcorn? That just comes off incredibly pathetic to pay someone to be around you.

I have very rarely done a movie date - but I do think they are effective so long as you have already established rapport. Aka -- NOT a 1st date option. First date is always drinks for me. But this could certainly be feasible for maybe a 3rd date type idea.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure why you would pay her directly but make her buy her own food and drinks. Why not just pay for the ticket and a box of popcorn? That just comes off incredibly pathetic to pay someone to be around you.
Paying her directly then having her pay food & drinks for herself is a silly idea. The upfront payment to a woman + payment of all date costs would be the more applicable payment model in the real world. As said earlier, it can resemble sugar dating

I have very rarely done a movie date - but I do think they are effective so long as you have already established rapport. Aka -- NOT a 1st date option. First date is always drinks for me. But this could certainly be feasible for maybe a 3rd date type idea.
I prefer not to movie dates in theaters.

The Manosphere has an emphasized rule of “no dinner dates in restaurants prior to sex”. However, it is less common to hear the advice of “no movie dates in movie theaters prior to sex”. Does the Manosphere need to say this more? I think so.

The home movie watching experience is superior in every way to a movie theater. That’s why I rarely go to movie theaters. Additionally, Hollywood studios haven’t released a lot of good content in the past 20 years.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure why you would pay her directly but make her buy her own food and drinks.
Agreed. It's absurd since a woman can charge what she wants in such a thing in the first place and can always jack up her price if you are too cheap.

Barrister said:
Why not just pay for the ticket and a box of popcorn? That just comes off incredibly pathetic to pay someone to be around you.
The person who posted this on the other site folded-out when I told him the same thing. He then backpeddled and said he just likes company in general and doesn't care if it's a gay-guy, or enemy of his, etc... so it does not sound like a sustainable argument. But, if people have thought about it, it's possible that people have actually done this somewhere. The world is a big place and people do crazy things.
When you have these type of issues on a first-world country, you wonder how other third-world countries are making out, because that sounds like a unique problem for first-world places.

Barrister said:
Yeah, that's common sense. Most women you are dating will think the same way. I can understand some parts of the logic though.
If you have a movie-date then you have a safe-bet you'll enjoy the date even if it goes bad. A movie-date can always be followed-up with another action date or another type of date afterwards, and if you can't think of anything to talk about, well, there is always the movie you just watched. You can practice kino-moves and see how receptive she is to you. (ie is she giving you a hand-job while covering you pants like the lady did in the movie "Coming to America" (1988), vs or is she looking uncomfortable and moving away if your hand goes anywhere near her, etc... Is she commenting on the movie or quiet? Is she looking at you while the movie is playing? The period of time before the movie they have trailers and advertisements, you can talk with her sitting next to you before a movie starts. No matter how that goes, you know you'll be saved by the bell because that movie will start and you can always eject from her at the end of the movie if you don't want to continue the date, etc.... In some ways I can see how that can be a soft landing if you are nervous about dating and think it's less awkward than a coffee-date where there is a 95% chance you won't see her again anyway. At least with a movie-date you at least had a nice time even if there is no second date, and you also know you are compatible if you like the same movies, or she's submissive to you as a man if she hates the movie but pleases you anyway and does whatever you want like a submissive girl.

Again, these are ideas I've never tested or plan to test. I've sought out women for movie-dates in earnest in the year 2002. (The year 2002 is about 1.5 years after graduating from University which was a nice co-ed environment and then being isolated since that time. Started going out to the movies that particular year as I had nothing going on in my life during that time (ie in contrast to being in University) and it seemed like a nice escape at the time). However, at some point in the mid-00s, I lost interest in that, especially with video rentals and more infrequent visits to the cinema and it became a solo-experience at some point in the 00s forward. I prefer the home movie experience to the cinema movie experience and don't have much of an incentive to visit any cinema now or in the near future with the comfort of knowing that within a month or two later I can watch it at home anyway.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the most I have ever enjoyed a movie at a theater was on my own. I got off work, drove to the cinema, got some drinks and a popcorn, and watched Avengers: Age of Ultron. Of course I'm an introvert, so that probably helps. Usually I go with my girlfriend though.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman gets paid $20 to show up to a 2-3 hour date, that's around minimum wage or less in certain states in the USA. That's not a motivation,
I don't know.... They could consider it a decent side hustle if they're going to eat dinner anyways.... That means free dinner plus incentive. Better than paying for their own dinner and no incentive... If this was to catch on, the good thing could be that if she requires the money, you'd know it would have been a "one date, no second date, no sex" anyways, and just retract the offer to save time and money.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the most I have ever enjoyed a movie at a theater was on my own. I got off work, drove to the cinema, got some drinks and a popcorn, and watched Avengers: Age of Ultron. Of course I'm an introvert, so that probably helps. Usually I go with my girlfriend though.
I watched that on a wall at home with my projector.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's OVER for CinemaCels.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most memorable movie I had ever watched was "Heavy Metal" at midnight - there were a pair of Beavis & Butthead weedheads (this was before those characters were released to the world) that were near our group, and their yelling out stupid comments in line with the movie plot (whatever the plot was, LOL) was so hilarious that for the only time ever, my diaphragm was sore from laughing non-stop for about half an hour. :eek: :eek: :eek:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most memorable movie I had ever watched was "Heavy Metal" at midnight
Hey, I'm an old bastard, I remember that movie Heavy Metal. Also, South Park did an episode spoofing it.

You remind me of when they used to play those rock and roll movies at midnight. One of the ones I enjoyed most was Led Zeppelin's Song Remains the Same. I remember dating a girl who was a big Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. I told her I had seen the movie on TV and wasn't too impressed with it. She said you had to go to the theater to get the whole experience with people throwing toast and stuff. And I said if it needs the toast throwing it must not be a very good movie lol. But I get her point. I still don't think it's a very good movie, but it has a few good songs in it. You'd think it would be popular today since it had all that trans stuff in it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched that on a wall at home with my projector.
A lot of people thought that movie was a disappointment (Age of Ultron), especially after the first Avengers movie. But I thought it was just as good as the rest of them, I thought it was underrated. People were wanting Thanos, I guess. But I liked the way they introduced Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision.

Still a little irked that they killed Quicksilver off. I still think that version of the character was closer to the comics than the Fox X-Men version. Fox's version had the cool special effects, but he was too fast, he was basically the Flash.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember dating a girl who was a big Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. I told her I had seen the movie on TV and wasn't too impressed with it. She said you had to go to the theater to get the whole experience with people throwing toast and stuff. And I said if it needs the toast throwing it must not be a very good movie lol. But I get her point. I still don't think it's a very good movie, but it has a few good songs in it. You'd think it would be popular today since it had all that trans stuff in it.
Wow, maybe we had dated the same girl? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Did this arrangement include a BJ or a handjob? If not then I don't see the point.