Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Silly question

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does thinking hard burn calories?

I took a $250 IQ test a couple weeks ago, and it was an hour and a half long. After the test, my head hurt and my whole body felt weary just as if I had gone for a 30 minute jog.

I know that the brain is the most energy-consuming part of the body, could we be overlooking it as a form of metabolic raiser(calorie consumer), or am I just retarded?

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I often substitute thinking hard for jogging while I'm cutting.

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hm...well when i used to have to cram for exams and stuff (..actually i still hve to) i'd lose abit of weight during the period...but after it was over it kind of came back pretty quickly...

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
int3l said:
hm...well when i used to have to cram for exams and stuff (..actually i still hve to) i'd lose abit of weight during the period...but after it was over it kind of came back pretty quickly...

As far as I know, that's most likely due to a stressing lifestyle rather than some supposed calories' expenditure by the brain...

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brain uses about 100g of glucose a day, which is 400 calories. The more you use your brain the more glucose it'll need so the more calories it consumes.