Signs of the Zodiac

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey

After my date with this great and beautiful 26 yr old last night I find out her zodiac sign was the same as mine, Scorpio.

Now, I don't know if you guys know about any of these websites but I found one that describes your zodiac sign or others.

It is a GREAT tool for knowing the other person and to even find alot out about YOURSELF.

Being a Scorpio, I find that I am overly emotional and sensitive. So now that I know my traits I simply work on knowing when they are taking over me and to control them.

http://www.astrology-online.com/persn.htm

That is the site. I found it EXREMELY useful so let me know.

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Reaction score
it all sounds like a bunch of hocus pocus mumbo jumbo if u ask me

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You wont get too much feedback on zodiac signs on this site ...

Sweet Ken

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night
I'm a scorpio myself (Nov. 5.) The description has always fit me well-while I'm more passionate than most people, I can also be more emotional. My last GF was a scorpio too, and while our relationship was great at times, it was volatile at others. I've never been too sure about other peoples' signs, and I think horoscopes are junk, but my type has always fit like a glove.

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me he once read an article (How reliable does this sound already...) that showed a study how the horoscope readings are so broad that generally everyone can connect with them. Like the study seperated a group into their signs and gave them all 1 description and of how there day would be and they all agreeded it matched there day.

Also I remember hearing somewhere (also very crediable sounding) that due to some aeronautical phenomena, that we physically see the universe and thus the stars in the different allignment then those who viewed it in the past. Something about the earth rotation being affected by something or another. Basically what it means is when horoscopes were created it was based on how the stars were alligned at a perticular time, which does not reflect how they are today.

With all that said, I still do read my horoscopres on occasion.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think birth sign is more of a psycho/pathological mechanism of the time of year you were born than where the stars were. If you'll notice the signs of the zodiac are set up along a wheel and tends to reflect reflect the life cycle through the seasons. There are fascinating studies about the relationships of astrology to Jungian Psychology.

It goes like this:

Aries:
Signals the begginning of Spring and the season of the human spirit. You just got through the long hard winter and now the theme of life is once again renewal. Wars are fought to gain and defend land for the coming year and swords are beaten into plowshares. You start with an ideal for the year ahead and then go about its preparation. Aries signals the start of the ideal

Taurus:
Signals the height of Spring. The plowshares that were beaten are used to plow the fields. Both provided for by Aries. Property now having been established, mankind goes about the hard business of building and molding the earth to suit its purpose. (its not just a coincidence the symbol of this sign is a best of burden.) Taurus represents laying the groundwork for the ideal.

Gemini:
Signals the final days of Spring. The difficult work of prepping the land which was the work of taurus now gives way to sowing the seedswhich will provide the coming harvest. The groundwork having been laid, mankind turns its attention to its closest associates, friends and family. Short trips are made to visit friends and to catch up on the local news and ideas. Meanwhile friendships and partnerships are established to help each other through the coming months. Gemini represents the sowing and spread of the ideal.

Cancer:
Signals the begin summer and the season of human emotion. The seeds that were laid in gemini are watered and nurtured. Trips are made and spent with close family at their homes. Mothers prepare great meals for their families and spend time telling the children of times past around a cozy hearth. The children play around the yard and in swimming holes. There is worry about loved ones and unconditional love lending a sense of oneness with the world. Cancer represents the nurturing of the ideal.

Leo:
Signals the height of summer. The time in cancer has made mankind satisfied and lazy. The fruits of creation and the early harvest are everywhere to be seen. The sun is high and so are spirits. It looks as though all that is left to do is to lay back and let the sun beat down on the fields pursuits of leisure and artistic endeavors are attempted and life is celebration of growth and acheivement. It almost takes a royal mandate to get everyone to get back to work. Leo represents the fruition of the ideal.

Virgo:
Signals the last days of summer. The time spent leisurely in Leo has now led to an enormous harvest with little time to harvest it. Mankind quickly sets about the task of sizing up the task at hand and organizing their efforts as efficiently as possible. Friends and family lend their skill and their backs to help each other to bring in the harvest. Virgo represents the service of the ideal.

Libra:
Signals the beginning of Fall and the season of human intellect. The harvest has been reaped with Virgo and now it is time to go to market and to sell it. The discrimination cultured in Virgo is now used to weigh and establish a fair price for the grain and what it buys. Mankind knows that the warmth of summer is over, but there is still enough of its rewards to relish and comfort in, so mankind remains optimistic. But somehow they begin to wish their efforts had garned more. Libra represents the judgement of the ideal.

Scorpio:
Signals the height of fall. The warmth is long gone by now and mankind knows what he has to work with. The livestock that cannot be spared for next year is slaughtered and cured for meat for the winter. Envious over the stock of others after Libra has weighed and measured his against his neighbors, wars are fought over stock-piles. He clings close to his friends and family and defends them fiercly against anyone who might try to steal their reserves and further weaken them. Death, the killing of the weak and the signs of decay now surround man and he is forced to confront his own mortality and he begins to feel his own weakness. Mankind's ideal seems to have died with the falling leaves. He uses this time to probe the secrets of existence. Scorpio represents the purification of the ideal.

Sagitarius:
Signals the last days of fall. The weakness exposed by and the death of the ideal in Scorpio leave Sagitarrius to try to find another way. Feeling lucky he made it through Scorpio mankind examines and alters his institutions and how they work. After probing the furthest depths of truth he lightens up a bit and gifted with the knowledge he gained in Scorpio he also broadens and adapts his philosophy. He broadens his horizens and goes on long trips searching for another, a better way. In the mean-time he gathers his remaining stock-pile before the onset of winter. Sagitarius represents expansion of the ideal.

Capricorn:
Signals the beginning of Winter and the season of human spirituality. Winter has by now set in and man kind is left to deal with the stern realities of the biting cold. Mankind has gone from inspiration, to nuturing, to judging, and now, with the ideal thus refined he applies the ideal. The stores have been set and it seems that all that's left to do is make it through the winter. Mankind strategizes, rations, and manages his reserves. Having noted how others have prepared while still in sagitarius he now organizes his own system of consumption and sets about on the business of ensuring his status as survivor by as large a margin as possible. Capricorn represents the organization of the ideal.

Aquarius:
Signals the height of Winter. The stock pile having been laid out during Sagitarius and the plan for consumption being laid out in Capricorn, Aquarius adopts the responsibility of ensuring the survival of his family and friends. He looks after his relationships and manages the stock. When the established order of Capricorn seems insufficient he alters the established order in broad and brilliant strokes, sometimes doing away with it all together. At the same time he sees the hardship endured by others and is moved to help. He adopts a reserved detachment in order to manage to store room most effectively and does what he can to ensure the mutual survival of those he established relationships with oh so many months back at the end of spring. Aquarius represents the revolution of the ideal.

Pisces:
Signals the last days of Winter. Those relationships counted upon by Aquarius are long since dissolved, it is now every family for themself. Even through Aquarius' most valiant and well thought-out efforts, the rations of food are at their lowest point and there is no longer enough for everyone. The strongest and the most compassionate go without to spare the weak and the young. In doing this, man accepts his own death and no longer wishes to go out of his way to subvert in the service a higher purpose. Through accepting his fate Pisces lets the ideal die and sees beyond the viel of his mortality. Throughout all of this there is the faith that Spring will once again come and that simple faith guides his actions. Pisces represents the death of the ideal.

I'm a Pisces sun, and have studied Astrology for a hot second. That having been said, I still don't think generic sun sign horoscopes are anything more than quaint fotune cookie sayings geared towards mass consumption. This having been said, the farther you go into it, the more accurate it tends to be.

One other thing. About Scorpio/Scorpio the make up sex is going to be explosive and you won't keep too many secrets in tact. (but that tends to be true with most 5-9 water sign combos)

-Cyrano

Last edited:

Robo-Kai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like star signs ... sometimes they're utter bull, yet at times they are so accurate. This site is cool ... describes Aquarians *me!!!* health problems on the knee/leg (cramps, etc) : Very true ! :eek:

Also, it's a good topic/subject to talk about, I tend to talk about it with girls a lot, they are a lot more interested ;)

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a GREAT topic to talk about.

Not only that but that site tells you a few TRICKS to help your problems to being a certain sign.

I am not a huge fan of horoscopes but I do beleive there is a hint of truth to what they describe to each sign.

Move

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree... Stars are a great subject to fill in conversations with girls. I would use starsigns more but dont really know much more than the basics. I believe girls see you as a 'spiritual' person if you start talking about stars and thats not a bad thing, just dont go over the edge to 'Nice Guy'.

As for stars in general - i agree with aolsuxs. Most of the horoscopes are so general, you could read any star-sign and apply it to your current situation. I take them with a grain of salt.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cyrano

Im a Pisces too, can you go into more depth with your death of the ideal thing. I never really believed this stuff but . . . i m willing to give it a go

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny because the text Cyrano posted is totally northern-hemisphere based...

I'm a Libra and here I'm a son of delightful spring ;)

BBB

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
March 16 Pisces. If you would tell me more about what this "ideal" is, I would appreciate it.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to start off by telling 3B that my theory involved genetic psychological archetypes which would have been in place long before anyone crossed a land bridge and migrated into Brazil. Civilization during the thousands of years during which astrology was crafted being almost confined to at or above the equator has something to do with it also. The main reason I don't particularly see any irony in what you pointed out was that the yearly cycle is another anology.

To those curious as to what exactly 'the ideal' I say that while I did phrase it ubiquitously there is an answer. Several in fact. What attracted me to Astrology was its cyclical nature and wholism, while I see cycles everywhere (life, water, human behavior) and I believe that truths is infinite and thusly infinitely applicable and the greatest understanding of it comes through analogy and insight. That and I'm a bit of a Dharma bum. What was I saying? Oh yeah. Let's try a little excercise.

In place of 'the ideal', substitute the words 'self', 'mankind', 'life', 'love', 'whole', 'person', 'cycle', 'understanding'. They are all equally applicable. I just threw that one together and looking back on it there are a few changes I would make o my wording to facilitate a better understanding, but alas the time has passed.

As for being a Pisces it means that no one gets you, but you get everyone. There's hardly a bigotted bone in your body. You need love and acceptance (second only to cancer) and give plenty of both in return. The artistic, symbolic and intuitive comes naturally. You can be incredibly shrewd with small amounts of money needing only a jug of wine and a loaf of bread to get by, but after these meager needs are taken care of, you're just as likely to give it to a friend in need as spend it on yourself. You prize wisdom above intelligence (and you know the difference) and you prize your serenity above all else. Life can seem like a calling to save the world and others from themselves like only an unabiding love could. You are the definition of the selfless and insouciance personified. When situations get sticky, rather than tough it out (like cancer) or fight back (like scorpio), you'd rather just leave the whole situation behind you.

You straddle the line between two worlds and because of this, reality often takes on a surreal quality. Whole worlds are at your fingertips. You're all about lots of sleep (though you're prone to insomnia) and three hour lunches. You neither ask nor expect much from anybody else and go through life creating no undue attachment or karma. Pisces is the sign of the miracle worker, the Messiah, the dreamer, the romantic, and the poet. It is the Sign of Einstein, Johnny Cash, Ralph Nader, Chopin, Dr. Seuss., Nijinsky, Michaelangelo, Schopenhauer, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, George Washington, Edgar Cayce, Victor Hugo, Jack Kerouac, John Steinbeck, Rupert Murdock, Sidney Poitier, and my man, Nat King Cole.

There's a lot more that could be said, but I've already compiled a formidable list of cliches already.

-CyranoDeBergerac

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I think it's BS, but chicks dig it so add it to your arsenal.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a Leo.

I'd say it is just a bunch of crap, but I am very much like what my sign suggests. Perhaps there is more to it than most people know. Still, I never read the horoscopes.

:cool:

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zodiac signs = bs

haha common guys. i know some of you think that your sign somewhat describes you and all, but so do fortunes that fortune tellers give you... its the same thing. they are meant to at least sound somewhat correct otherwise you wouldn't have people that gave them credence.

it's not science at all.

people are shaped by their environment.

Reaction score
Zodiac signs were made by people in a Greek civilization that just looked at the stars and said, "Hey, that kind of looks like a scorpion, lets make up a cool story about it."

Cmon guys get real. A bunch of Greek dudes that see pretty pictres in the sky have nothing to do with whethe ror not yu are finding your soul mate this month.

KbTo

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** i have never believed in this horoscope Bs, im a virgo and it describes in a 70% :eek: