Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sigh. How do I fix this?

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My left pec is more developed than my right pec, my left tricep is more developed than my right making my left arm almost an entire inch larger(15" relaxed, no pump). And my right lat is bigger than my left.

How do I go about correcting this? And why does this happen in the first place?

Btw I'm right handed and naturally a bit stronger on my right side.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kirro, you might want to do a workout routine that emphasizes those smaller areas, yet still exercises all the muscle groups.

For Chest

Start with
Right side bench presses w/dumbbell and/or machines, and cables.

Work that side for several sets alone. Then in your last set or two bring in the other hand and do a few lighter presses.

Use a cable crossover machine. Work the flyes and crossovers only on the one side. Then do a set or two with both.

Use Pec Dek machine. Work flyes only right side. Then do only a few sets with both.

Flyes and Presses. Use dumbbells and cables, and machines.
Start with right side, do all exercises. Vary grips and positions.
High pulley, mid pulley, low pulley. SO try several angles. Focus on contracting all the way into inner pec.
That way you get the mind/muscle connection going.

With Biceps
Use a preacher curl bench/machine and only work the right side.
Then after youve completed all sets, bring in the other one for a few light sets.
Concentration curls only right side.
Spider Curls with flat side of Preacher Bench only right side.

Triceps
Use Rope, V grip, C grip, and only do right side Tricep push downs. Use Dummbells for Tricep Kick Backs. Use dumbbells for overhead Extension.
After completing all exercises , do a few light sets with both.
Do a few light sets of Cambered Bar Close Grip Bench Presses.

Back.

Bent over single arm dumbbell Rows. Seated Rows with C handle.
Try various grips and positions. Use dumbbells, and cables.

After completing all sets, do a few light sets with both arms.

There is some evidence of a certain training protocol that seems to help with a little more pump, fullness, and size but not really increasing strength.

Pick a weight that you can do for no more than 15 reps. A weight you cannot get to a 16th rep or more.

From there do 5 sets where you perform the exercise but stop at the 10th rep, even though you can do more.
At the 6th set complete the set to 15, if you can.
So you might want to try that rep scheme with say a one sided, perhaps machine based (single arm with dumbbell on bench can be tough, so machines and cables might be easier to work unilaterally, but still try to include some free weight on benches) where you do each exercise (flat press, incline press, decline press, flat flye, incline flye, decline flyes, etc) with that rep scheme. Now you dont want to do several exercises where youre doing like 6 sets of ONE exercise too much.
So pick one, no more than two major muscle group exercises where you choose to do that rep scheme, and then rest of the exercise routines you stick to your regular rep scheme (preferably 10-12 reps per set, no more , and then maybe a final high rep pump set).

Good luck.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@PPPF and Interceptor - Thanks a lot for your prompt responses and help. I'll get right on it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peoples' skeletons are often not exactly symmetrical, which can account for differences in strength and flexibility from one side to the next. Or you could be just particularly non-ambidextrous; if you are more coordinated with one side of your body, you will tend to use it more, which makes those muscles bigger.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kirro,

how long have you been lifting?

How much do you weigh?

What type of training are you doing?

I know when I first started out lifting I would notice I had some "Lagging" Body parts. But, as I progressed and kept training, things seemed to naturally even out. Or some of it can just be in your head and you think one muscle is bigger or smaller than the other.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't going to cure some huge imbalance, but it's just something I thought was VERY obvious, but I see loads of people don't do it.

Start unilateral exercises with your weakest arm. Then you know how many to hit on your other.
That avoids you starting DB rows for example, hitting 12 reps, then realising you can only get 9 with your weaker side, thus perpetuating the imbalance.

XMinister

Don Juan
Reaction score
How noticeable is your imbalance? Is it very noticeable to others or only to you because you're very conscious of it? Either way, one side of your body is more developed skill wise than the other which makes it more efficient at handling a load. So you may be able to lift the same weight, but the dominant side uses less strength and more control. My personal advice is to focus on big, heavy compound movements and work until failure. Eventually, so long as you're failing every time on your last rep, your body should catch up to itself.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bible Belt - I'm better on my right but I can do 95% of the same stuff with my left as well. Probably the only thing I can't do left handed is write legibly.

@Kreug - I've been lifting since June. I'm 200 lbs+, my training starts with compound lifts and ends in isolation work.

@Cuzza - I'll try that.

@XMinister - Most people don't seem to detect the imbalances, I do because I'm the one who sees my body constantly. The most annoying part is my chest, the left pec is more developed than the right one despite being weaker. It isn't severe but it is still obvious when I look at it.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you only been training since June of this year, I think you just need to keep training and things will start to even out over more time.

Also, make sure your form is good.