Siferalus's Bootcamp Journal

Siferalus

Reaction score
Hey, I'm 17 years old and I've been lurking in this forum for a little over a year and a half. Although reading all the information has been helpful in changing my mindset from that of an AFC into more of a DJ, I've noticed that I haven't been actually applying all that I'm learning. I have a lot of trouble approaching strangers out of nowhere due to the fear of interrupting them or getting a negative response.

I've been telling myself to do more approaches and to actually start the bootcamp for over a year but I've been making excuses to postpone it. Well, since now is as good as a time as ever, I'll start the boot camp. Tomorrow is officially day one for me.

Today, however, I went out with my wingman "Art of War" to Pier 39 to try some sarging. It was the first time either of us went sarging so we were ultimately only able to approach 3 girls. I couldn't believe how hard it was to start the conversations with the strangers. Most of the girls I said hi to just ignored it (probably because I didn't say it loud enough to catch their attention). Half of the time we couldn't bring ourselves to approach some people, and a lot of the girls were just ugly, with their parents, with a guy who looks like their bf, or in groups.

Girl One
Me: Hey
Girl: How can I help you?
Me: What's up? (I didn't really think about the approach beforehand)
Girl: Nothing much, just selling some stuff.
Me: So is that all you've been doing? Just standing here trying to sell stuff? Must be pretty boring.
Girl: Yeah.
Me: Oh, well, I gotta go. Do you have an email or a phone number I can reach you by?
Girl: I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend.
Me: It's all good, write it down anyways.
Girl: *laughs* You can't do that.
At this point we split.

Girl Two
Me: Hey can I ask you a quick question? Me and my friend need a female opinion on something.
Her: Okay.
Me: Why are hot girls always hanging around gay and dorky guys?
Her: *smile* I don't think they do that.
Me: Yeah they do. These guys, they're all acting like little girls, and the hot girls actually hang out with them.
Wing: (says something I don't exactly remember)
Her: (says something I don't exactly remember)
Me: Yeah, what's your name?
Her: I'm _____
Me: I'm ____. I gotta go. Do you have an email or a phone where I can reach you?
Her: I'm sorry I have a boyfriend.
We leave.

Girl 3
We order at Jamba Juice and as usual the girls ask us for our names.
Me: Whoa whoa! You're asking for my name already? What next? My address and phone number?
Girl: It's just a thing we do.
Me: Yeah right. I'm ____.
Girl: So, what's your social security number.
Me: *laugh* How old are you? (I was saying this because I actually wanted to know how old she was.)
Her: haha, Shut up. (she took it as if I was calling her childish.)
Me: Yeah, I gotta go, do y ou have email?
Her: Yeah I do..why?
Me: Write it down.
Her: I'm sorry, I don't want to give you my email.
We leave and sit down somewhere.

Edit: On second note, there were four approaches. There was this one hostess of a restuarant that we were trying to get free water and beer from. Didn't work.

Last edited:

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the girl 2 approach. Your midgame is a bit weak, closing a bit soon.

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need the boot camp, insted try to build more attraction.

Siferalus

Reaction score
Week 1 Day 3

Haven't been updating this, but I've kept up with the "hi" thing and eye contact.

The eye contact exercise feels very natural and easy for me, but I find that most people look away or are too absorbed in their little worlds to keep eye contact.

The "Hi" exercises on the other hand have been much harder on me. I've been having to force myself to say hi, so that I won't just chicken out and let the girl pass by as I'm staring at her. The first few times I actually DID say "hi," I said it in a bit perverted, "yeah, I wanna **** you" kind of way. Felt uncomfortable doing that, so the next few times I just said "hi" out loud to people who are walking past me. I'm just trying to say "hi" in a friendly way now though.

Most people I said "hi" to, didn't say anything back. Some returned the gesture with a smile, but the rest just ignored me and kept on walking. I think that might have something to do with me trying to say hi to people who aren't looking in my direction (most people won't hold eye contact with me).

Anyways, I have 29 left to go. I haven't really started any conversations nor asked for any numbers while doing this exercise though. The reason being, I don't feel confident enough in my ability to actually have conversations with strangers when I have nothing to talk about. Nevertheless, I've been paying more attention to my surroundings so I can notice and pick up some random things to talk about. I'll make sure I start on the conversations by next week though.

I still feel like I have some insecurities holding me back though. Namely, the fact that I'm 17. How will these 20 something year olds react to a 17-year-old guy trying to pick them up?

Meanwhile, today, I finally got myself to ask one of the girls in my classes to go to the Prom with me. I've been delaying it everyday telling myself "yeah, I'll ask someone tomorrow," but today I was like "**** it! better now than ever." It was easier than I thought, she said yes.

The problem was, later on, her friends (I don't know whether guys or girls) have been doing their job of ****blocking farely well. She comes to me later on in the day and tells me that her friends say I'm perverted and that I only asked her to the prom because I wanted to get laid. She was like "can I think about it? I'm not really sure now." One of her friends even comes by and tells me that "she says no!" Naturally, I was pissed off.

So basically, I let her know that I'm not gonna waste my time waiting for her answer. I made it clear that if she doesn't make a decision by tomorrow, I'm going to ask someone else. That's a fact. I'm just not going to put up with this type bull****, anymore. I know she wants to go, but she's letting her friends put stupid ideas in her head and tell her what to do.

Siferalus

Reaction score
Week 1 Day 6

Only 8 Hi's left.

Today was absolutely amazing. I was going to meet up with my friend to see a concert, but I arrived about 15 minutes earlier than he was. I thought about not wasting my time by waiting for other people, so I took advantage with the time I had on my hand.

I spent the time (as I usually do) taking note of my surroundings and enjoying the atmosphere. This has helped me come up with conversation topics time and again. I noticed there was a license plate attached to a streetlight, so I just started mentioning that to strangers. I said stuff like "did you notice that there's a license plate at the street light?"

I was outside McDonald's so I also thought of something else. I thought, "What would happen if Mcdonald's had door greeters?" So I went on asking people that. I said that to the McDonald's register girl and she was smiling and laughing the whole time.

Then I went to the concert and asked a woman about her high heels and "aren't they uncomfortable?" Some small talk.

Later on, while waiting for the underground transit, I saw this girl sitting alone. I noticed that the marquee that displayed the coming bus was brokened so I said,
"Looks like the matrix, huh?"

We ended up talking. I asked her about whether she goes to college nearby. She said she's been out of college for 3 years. I tell her I'm a senior in high school. I ask her what she works as. (some boring stuff). She asks me and I tell her that I want to go into business, but as dreams I want to travel the world, be a storyteller, and be a magician.

I showed her some card magic and @closed her at this moment. Then, on the bus, I worked in some light Kino, and kept my arm around her shoulder.

The craziest thing I found out today is that my age doesn't really matter. Other times, if I find out that a girl goes to college or is even out of school, I would just stop there. Today, I kept on going, telling myself that it doesn't matter (about me going to high school). To my surprise, age REALLY DOESN'T MATTER.

nonstop

Don Juan
Reaction score
nice work man! does your card trick involve her writing her phone number on a card?