"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Shyness/aloofness

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
4
Age
44
Location
Scotland
A major problem I have is that I am very quiet by nature and slightly shy. I can talk to girls, and am not scared of them in any real way, but it seems that the girls all seem to go for the outgoing, friendly, sociable guys.

I have tried for years now trying to be more outgoing and chatting to people, but have made little improvement, and still do not seem to be able to charm people in conversations, and social events such as parties, clubs, etc. just make me miserable.

I get looks and attention from girls, and often catch girls staring at me, and in my AFC days had really pretty girls flirt with me (only for me to screw it up) but after conversing with them I never get their number, indicating that while i pass the physical attraction test (I am tall, muscular and fairly good looking), my quietness and shyness (which comes across as aloofness) tends to put them off.
For some reason, I find it really hard to smile, and be friendly, and come across as rather cold and reserved.



Has anyone else had similar problems, and what advice would you give?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Quick question, you say you never get there number.. Do you ask for it, or expect for them to give it to you.
 

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
4
Age
44
Location
Scotland
Yes, I ask for numbers. On occasion I do get them, but they tend to be wrong numbers, or the girls give every excuse under the sun when I phone them asking them for a date.
 
Top