Shrooms?

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends have been talking about doing shrooms this weekend and I'm thinking about it as well. It would be the first time for all of us. Now, they all have smoked pot and drank plenty of times, and I've drank plenty of times too, but have never smoked pot (my job does occasional drug tests to random employees so I've decided to not do it just in case).

So, I'm basically wondering what it's like and if there are any short and/or long term negative effects for doing it once (unless I REALLY like it I probably won't do it more than just occassionally, if any more at all after this). From what I've heard it's really cool, and there's not really any downsides (you obviously don't want to drive though), but I'd like to hear from more than just the potheads and druggies at my school.

I've also heard that it doesn't show up on drug tests? Is this true? If not, how long does it stay in your system to show up?

And I'd like serious, open-minded responses, please. Don't bother replying if you're just gonna blindly say "drugs are bad don't do it!!". Only give some input if you've tried them yourself, have read up on them, or know people that have tried them. Thanks.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't YOU give me an "open-minded response" by explaining to me WHY you would do drugs in the first place?

You want us to advocate doing "shrooms" to justfy your planned action. You know you shouldn't be doing it.

Don't bother replying if you're just gonna blindly say "drugs are bad don't do it!!"
I can assert you KNOW it isn't GOOD for you. So I say, once more, Why do it??

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1st off: Anything else

2nd: No they don't show up except for being a food poisoning. So don't worry about that.

One downside is it is a very phychologically taxing drug. You never really think the same after taking them. So that's one drawback.

If you're gonna do them, go in calm and relaxed or you risk having a bad trip. If you take any vitamin C be sure you don't take to many you risk having a bad trip.

Be aware of that.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
and for the love of god don't do too many

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfalexi
and for the love of god don't do too many
Oh yeah. Start off with like 3 grams if you're a pretty small person, 4 if you're big.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fitch
Why don't YOU give me an "open-minded response" by explaining to me WHY you would do drugs in the first place?

You want us to advocate doing "shrooms" to justfy your planned action. You know you shouldn't be doing it.

I can assert you KNOW it isn't GOOD for you. So I say, once more, Why do it??
No, I do not. Just because they are illegal does NOT mean they are necessarily bad for you. One of the main reasons they are illegal is because they would be an extreme hazard to you driving.

I looked on that site that Interpol made a link to, and basically the only negative effects are the one's Vincent stated. No proven long term effects.

Don't be blind, just because it's a drug does NOT automatically make it bad. Why don't you read up on it before you make statements like that?

And I am NOT just trying to justify my use of it. If you read my post in a sensible way you would realize that I am trying to find out if there is anything bad about them before I do them because I don't want to go into it if there are gonna be some serious negative effects. It looks like there isn't, but that doesn't mean I've fully jumped on the bandwagon yet.

And the "open-minded" reason as to why I would do them is that maybe I want to have a good, psychological, fun experience with little to no negative effects. I'm not interested in doing acid or coke and I have no desire whatsoever to ever do anything beyond pot and shrooms.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
No, I do not. Just because they are illegal does NOT mean they are necessarily bad for you. One of the main reasons they are illegal is because they would be an extreme hazard to you driving.
Actually, no, one of the main reasons is because they are a drug.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shrooms are an okay drug to take -- every once in a while. By every once in a while, I mean no more than once every two months. Any more than that, and they might start to **** up your mind. This isn't a fact, but it's what I would advise based on what I've heard (and seen) from other people.

I have done shrooms twice, and I must say they are pretty awesome. However, I really don't have the desire to do them again. Ever get the "been there, done that" feeling? That's how I feel about them, although I think anybody out there who hasn't tried them yet should try them at least once, just like weed.

Your first time shrooming -- don't eat a lot. Trust me, eat less than you think you need on your first time, it will still work. Put them on pizza or some other good food and they won't taste like ****. Do it with 2 or 3 friends in a relaxed, chill atmosphere.

Once you start to feel like you're tripping, just go with it. It's quite an adventure. Unlike alcohol or weed, the experience of tripping on shrooms is very hard to describe. The only thing I can really explain is that your concept of time changes, to the point where it seems like time doesn't even exist anymore. Try looking at a clock when you're tripping...because the minutes will feel like hours. It's ****ing crazy. One really awesome thing to do is go to a forest preserve or some other natural environment (don't drive there ;)), it really makes tripping hella fun. I could go on but I'll leave it at that.

Just be careful and smart, do it very sparingly, and you'll be fine.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shrooms are amazing when used appropriately. They take around 1-2 hours to really kick in, but smoking a bowl can augment the effect considerably without causing an increase of anxiety or uncomfort (especially for a 1st time user).

Also, I wouldn't advertise taking more than maybe 1/2 of an eigth unless they're not very powerful. Still, start small, maybe work your way up a little, and it'll be a blast.

I've got a bunch of stories with these if you want, but I'll save posting 'em unless they're desired.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent

One downside is it is a very phychologically taxing drug. You never really think the same after taking them. So that's one drawback.
First thing to consider is that you dont want to take them unless youre really sure you really want to. Otherwise if you do them against your will your going to have a bad trip. Never had one myself, bc im always willing and do it under controlled circustances, but what I've heard from friends bad trips well, theyre bad. Second mushrooms are one of the most gentle drugs in my opinion that you can take, by gentle i mean that once the trip is over you return to a completly normal state of mind, no hangovers or any of that ****, at least by my experience. And No shrooms are not a very pshycologically taxing drug, while it may open whole new realms of your mind and radically change your thinking while tripping, the next day is just like a dream and you might reflect on the experience, but unless you want to change for the better, you probably wont change at all. For example, shrooms might make you realize how bad smoking cigs might be and from then on it can really help you quit.
People might use shrooms for different reasons, but the main, especially for teens is ovbiously as a recreational drug. So you want to be in a relaxed enviorment, get some music ready, and watch tv, or go look at yourself in the mirror. Oh and by the way shrooms wont come up in a standard drug test, as the main psyhcoactive chemical in mushrooms will get out of your system in a short period of time.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
ive tripped like 6-7 times. 1 of those times was a truly euphoric experience. the others were filled with anxiety and thoughts of dying.

I cant say i want to trip again. Its all experimentation. Im not gonna tell you to do it but im not gonna tell you not to either.

But if you DO take them, start slow. Dont eat alot... and for heavens sake make sure they are real shrooms and not some poisonous ish some wack dealer is trying to sell you.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright...Here's my first 'Shroom experience - This should hopefully give 1st timers at least an idea of what to possibly expect.

I split 8th of 'shrooms (they were in a chocolate) with my neighbor in my dorms. Over an hour goes by and we're sitting here thinking I got ripped off and we weren't going to get anything out of this. Note that he had tried them before, and I would recommend 1st timers doing it with someone experienced.

Hour and a half goes by, I'm still not going anywhere and the most I'm experiencing is a mild case of the giggles. Neighbor and I decide to smoke some herb in his room.

It's roughly been two hours since I've taken them after the two bowls we smoked, and I'm pretty high but not at all what I'd call "tripping" at all. He goes to the bathroom, I go to take my bowl back to my room. As soon as I open my door the shrooms kicked in - it felt like I was stepping into a new world.

I swear to God I could almost see into time or something. I would say something like "I really want a piece of gum" and be blown away by the fact that I reached into the exact spot in my backpack that I kept the gum. I went to the bathroom after that, and it looked like everyone I passed in the hall had a glass case of sorts surrounding them, like they were all in their own worlds and I was in mine.

Neighbor came to my room with pretty much the same experience. We watched Pirates of the Caribbean (which, ironically, I "pirated" off the internet that day). It was amazing - thats about the best I can describe the movie.

Next we went outside the dorms and walked around campus - Everything seemed alive and moving in ways that defied physics as if to say "Look at me! I'm doing this for you!" It was great.

We ended the night by watching some episodes of the Sopranos, which was - from my recollection - a lot more funny than the show usually is. As with Pirates of the Carribbean and the out doors, objects in the room would stretch and bend with characteristics resembling liquid or like a lava lamp. This, I would say, is one of the cooler aspects of 'shrooms.

At the end of the night, I went back to my room to sleep. I had little glow-in-the-dark stars on the cealing of my room that danced around and shined like real stars. It was fairly sublime, to say the least. Good dreams that night.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Start off with like 3 grams if you're a pretty small person, 4 if you're big.
3 grams is almost an eigth. You should do a half eigth and youll be good.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
And No shrooms are not a very pshycologically taxing drug,
What the hell do you think physchologically taxing mean?
while it may open whole new realms of your mind and radically change your thinking while tripping.
Oh yeah, this is what psychologically taxing mean.

Plus your thinking will be skewed a little bit afterwards. But this happens after every hallucinogenic drug whether you want to accept it or not, it's a tested fact.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell do you think physchologically taxing mean? Oh yeah, this is what psychologically taxing mean.

Plus your thinking will be skewed a little bit afterwards. But this happens after every hallucinogenic drug whether you want to accept it or not, it's a tested fact.
Yes i may be i wrong, I frequently am. Maybe what i failed to say was that everything i wrote was based upon my experience, and upon my experience i have never had any permanent change in my thinking after the trip is over, or maybe im not in touch within myself enough to notice any change. Feel free to disagree but i believe that science is not able to test something like this, as nobody is able to go into the mind of someone and prove that the thinking is indeed changed everytime, as it should be if its a tested fact. Dont you think so?

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't eat them if I were you. Boil them, take the water and make some koolaid or something. Make sure you go outside, it enhances the effect. You probably won't be able to sleep for a while.

Edit - I haven't noticed any long term changes after about 5 trips.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, no, one of the main reasons is because they are a drug.
Yeah, just like alcohol and claratin, which is why they're illegal. Cuz' they're drugs.

o wait.....

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TyTe`EyEs
I definitely wouldn't eat them if I were you. Boil them, take the water and make some koolaid or something. Make sure you go outside, it enhances the effect. You probably won't be able to sleep for a while.

Edit - I haven't noticed any long term changes after about 5 trips.
What is the advantage to doing that over eating them?