Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shoulda been more proactive on the equipment front

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With the past 2-1/2 weeks going into COVID-time, and then suddenly having to take on all the work of managing the boys' school routine (my house is "virtual schoolhouse", so they are now here M-F), I was way too distracted processing all the myriad aspects of this sh*tshow. Now that I finally have a kid-free weekend, I headed down to the local fitness equipment store.

I can't say I was surprised by what I heard, but it was still a punch to the gut. Benches and free-weights are cleaned out. Home gyms start at $2500 (plus setup charges), and each up a fair amount of space. There was one formerly-spare room in the basement that got claimed by my youngest as his gaming/VR room. That has now transformed into his school room since that's where his PC is.

So even if I were desperate enough to justify a couple grand on one of those "jack of all exercises, master at none" compact gyms, I've no good place to put it. That plus the fact that when (someday) the gym opens again, I'll be stuck with this boat anchor that I probably won't use much compared to what the gym offers.

At this point I'd be happy with a small set of dumbbells/kettle-bells and a bench. Good luck finding that, and I imagine there's not much of a mail-order situation (or if there is, I'm looking at that stuff being cleaned out as well).

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Found a last pair of dumbbells and an exercise mat at a Walmart today! They are a basic Gold's Gym adjustable: up to 40lbs, which is all I really need in a pinch. Don't have a workout bench, but for now I can use my piano bench (glad I bought the extra-wide version!).

Anyone have a favorite dumbbells-only workout routine?

Anyone have the SelectTech Dumbbells? I was hoping to snatch the last unit, but as is typical: "only one left!" means "sold out". But they are intriguing. Intriguing enough for most people to have snapped up all the inventory and now it's only available at your favorite online price-gouging sites (FBL, Ebay, 3rd-party Amazon Sellers, etc.).

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look online. People are dumping stuff.

Old workout equipment is perfect atm. I am running a outdoor setup. I am having a field day with it. I am not going to lie. It's been a long time and a pain in the ass BUT, once the setup is done, I won't look back.

I have a dip and pull up bar. Kettlebell I came across was 40kg. Ideal for German volume goblet squats. I have no room for a power rack and home gym although, I want to eventually build one.

I have fully switched into calisthenics. Legs I do more weights with what I got. I am trying to learn kettlebells. It is tricky and it's more cardio and strength combined. Good change in pace. I lost out on a 50kg bell. I'm pissed.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an outdoor heavy bag set up a couple years ago. But it is indoor equipment. I wish they made heavy bags for the outdoors. Mine would get wet and splash out black dye when I punched it. Heavy bag stands are stupid. Most of fighting is moving. I want the bag suspended from overhead and to be free to move around it in any direction.

If anyone does bag work, you want 16 oz training gloves. "Bag gloves" are a joke. Keep those 16 ouncers up by your eyebrows at all times.