Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should you trust your gut feeling?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Instinct is an accumulation of many many experiences that's lodged in one's subconscious.
Youtube is full of dudes, successful mind you, who are flipping things like houses and cars and even boats. They go with their gut feeling, and guess what happens? You watching train wreck unfold. They fail. If you want a good fresh example check out afterprisonshow and his house flip.

No boy, gut feeling is false. You better off taking a step back and thinking things through and through before you do something and if not sure, then do don't anything.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, couple of weeks back felt quite confident and just randomly texted a girl at work and it worked as in we were more talkative as before and she initiated conversations and texts as well.

But the last weeks all confidence is gone again due to certain personal issues, sending a text or talking to her (and even other girls) feels very far away.

But should you go with your gut feeling? Have you ever done anything against your gut feeling and it turned out completely opposite as what you thought would happen? When I felt confident I just did it because it felt right, but currently it doesn't, it would feel as coming across too needy, she'd probably respond with one word or something like that...
All good responses. Hollywood would lead you to believe your gut feeling. Probably that gut feeling could lead you to your third marriage going on divorce. In war your gut feeling would lead you to an early grave. So many more phrases and sayings this could connect to. So no don't trust hollywood or your gut feeling.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, it depends. In general it's a great sonar based on personal experiences of life and it would be making you a disservice not to listen to what it says.
When it comes to people (and women) i think it's very accurate, and this is coming from a very logical minded person mind you.
Because i believe even guys who are "bad" with women know right from wrong just from the experience of growing up, as we all accumulate experiences interacting with people.
Children are great at picking up vibes from other people and this is not something we lose as adults.
I remember my dad telling me how he always asked me as a 5-6 year old if someone i'd never met before was "good" or "bad" and according to him i was always right, just from feeling the vibe.
This kind of instinct/gut feeling is dead on when it comes to a first date with a woman in my eyes. It has never failed me personally.

It's specifically the first feeling you get from someone, not to be confused with fear. If you get a hint that something is off, it always proves you right sooner or later.

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well thinking it over, those feelings I have of "don't text her right now because she'll probably just reply with one word", "don't say anything right now because she's on her phone", etc... is probably my lack of self confidence and fear of rejection talking instead of my gut feeling.

Think in a way they're connected and I tend to believe that when you feel confident you're on a totally different wavelength thus your gut feeling tells you to just go for it and vice versa.

All in all my mind is too much of a rollercoaster. I can feel quite confident for a few days, then some thought comes into my mind which is like a virus and all is lost. Not thinking about it, is easier said then done. I tend to need exterior events happening to get my confidence back (like a girl sending a random text).

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Youtube is full of dudes, successful mind you, who are flipping things like houses and cars and even boats. They go with their gut feeling, and guess what happens? You watching train wreck unfold. They fail. If you want a good fresh example check out afterprisonshow and his house flip.

No boy, gut feeling is false. You better off taking a step back and thinking things through and through before you do something and if not sure, then do don't anything.
Since u deal in handphones, I'll give you an example that cannot be disputed.

Nokia WAS the world leader in handphones, sales wise, profit wise, manufacturing wise, etc.

Undisputed world leader.

But they lost everything....because their CEO at that time decided to IGNORE his gut feeling that was telling him the future is with smartphones and he DECIDED to stick with DATA which his people collected, which obviously showed the dominance of their symbian phones - 50%-70% market share depending on where.

Do you now understand?

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guess I confuse my own gut feeling with something else. Today didn't have a good feeling, but out of the blue this girl started talking to me and qualifying herself. Guess it's just mainly my own self confidence that I confuse for my gut feeling, can't get the two apart.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guess I confuse my own gut feeling with something else. Today didn't have a good feeling, but out of the blue this girl started talking to me and qualifying herself. Guess it's just mainly my own self confidence that I confuse for my gut feeling, can't get the two apart.
A lot of time's "gut feeling" is simply picking up on the other persons subconscious communications. It's also perceiving their energy, actions and body language. Sometimes unaware to them they will give off faces and attittudes they don't know they are potraying.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alphamalestrategies YT channel (best advice for average dudes IMO) made a movie which can be summed up that "it depends"

Instinct can tell you "Don't go after that woman, she will refuse you" which might be nothing more than your fear and you may be very wrong about that but also can tell you "something is wrong about someone/something"

You do not necessarily need to listen to the first type of gut feeling (as its comparable with stress before exam, you are afraid of failing, that's it) but you should certainly try to break down the second type of feeling - why do you feel like that? what has happened? what is going on?

Gut feeling is often nothing more than subconscious reaction on the data you have gathered. There's picture somewhere in the pieces of information collected by your mind - you just need to take some time to do jigsaw puzzle
It's the same thing as picking it up from another guy who gives you a bad feeling. Sometimes, you will freeze frame and catch some of their unitended body languages and faces.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes
I can't count how many times I've felt a *pause* in time.
When I get a gut response, I can feel time freeze for a brief moment. The times I went against this feeling, something always bad happened.
Your gut actually protects you against sh!t tests and phony people.
You'll notice something is off when you get tested in different ways.
It takes a lot of practice on acting in the moment you feel it because your logical brain tends to override it.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely trust your gut.

Most of the women that did me dirty gave me a bad gut feeling. I was just too stupid to take my gut seriously. It was only in the aftermath of the break-up that I realised my gut was trying to steer me away from that particular girl.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
There has never been a time where my Gut feeling was wromg, every time I ignored it, things went badly.

You are having doubts internally for a reason, take off the rose tinted glasses amd have a good long hard look at the girl and yourself amd re evaluate the situation.