Should you pay for a date?

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your going out wit a chick to a movie or something, should you pay for her? it seems ridiculous to me (considering how expensive things are), plus its illogical if you think about it...i mean, why should guys have to pay?

but of course sometimes u just have to conform...so it would be helpful to get some other thoughts about this. thianks.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what the hell are you talking about?

if you asked her out on the date, then you should pay

if she asked you out vice versa

if your "financial situation" is non existent there are plenty of things to do that cost little or no money

Last edited:

Sax God

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen couples in which the guy is dirt poor and the girl is loaded and the girl pays for the date. It really just depends on your particular situation.

Gold Heart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
where everyone seems to need social acceptance in
Never pay for her movie ticket. If she asks you too, and you know she has the money to cover, ask her "I'm I your sugar daddy?" If she says no, tell her "Then pay for your ticket!" and if she says yes, say something else like "No, I'm not talking about THAT sugar daddy."

NO PAYING FOR HER SH-T!

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gold Heart
Never pay for her movie ticket. If she asks you too, and you know she has the money to cover, ask her "I'm I your sugar daddy?" If she says no, tell her "Then pay for your ticket!" and if she says yes, say something else like "No, I'm not talking about THAT sugar daddy."

NO PAYING FOR HER SH-T!
what the hell are you talking about?

if you asked her out on the date, then you should pay

if she asked you out vice versa

if your "financial situation" is non existent there are plenty of things to do that cost little or no money

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drixsa has it right. The only exception is LTRs when you have been dating for months and go out several times a week. How can you ask a girl who doesn't even know you yet on a first date and expect her to pay for her ****?

DJ Durden

Reaction score
Don't pay for her. Especially not on a first date. The first date is a test run, to see how compatible the two of you are, and if you are interested in another date. You shouldn't be expected to pay for her, as she has not yet proven her worth to you at this point in time.

The first time I date a chick, she pays for herself. If we stay together, we'll get in a habit which works quite well I find. I pay one time, she pays the next time, and so on.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GigaloDJ
Sad to see some bad advice on the board...

If you ask her out, YOU PAY. Be a gentleMAN. YOU are taking HER out. It's not that hard of a concept to understand.

If she offers, say "nah don't worry about it".
If she offers a SECOND time, let her pay.

-GDJ
Gentleman present themselves in a chivilrus way, they don't shell out $$$ to broads they spend time with.

If she doesn't have a lot of money, pay for her. If you don't have a lot of money, don't. If she wants to pay, let her, dont make her ask 2x.

Avoid paying for the first date at all costs... dont EVER set a trend of paying for her that soon, even if you are a millionair. Also, when you pay sparsely, when you do, it has some value, its a good deed. When you always pay, and one day you don't pay, you are an ass. Why set bad precidents?

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're confused.

You don't make her pay because YOU are taking HER out. It's actually easy to understand.
I'm far from confused, and I'm far sexier than you. You said you SHOULD pay when YOU ask them out. Thats wrong, have a nice day.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're far sexier than me? What? Are you gay?
No He's Anthony a.k.a Lorenzo a.k.a. any user name that ends in
"OI"

BTW on my first dates I want to pay so i pay, though most 1st dates consume little to no money.

anthony you sure are quite the ****y ba$tard

i happen to come across one of your posts with pook arguing over whether to preach mindset or to preach actions.

id like to talk about it some time as well as a few other things.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
No He's Anthony a.k.a Lorenzo a.k.a. any user name that ends in
"OI"

BTW on my first dates I want to pay so i pay, though most 1st dates consume little to no money.

anthony you sure are quite the ****y ba$tard

i happen to come across one of your posts with pook arguing over whether to preach mindset or to preach actions.

id like to talk about it some time as well as a few other things.
Pook is a **** and I could out mak him any day [if his posts are a reflection of his actual skill]. I'd be glad to talk to anyone from this site, thats why Im here, it sure aint to learn anything [besides spelling :p].

I AM sexier than you, I am not gay, but men are sexy. I'm a metrosexual, and I get women, go cry to your mommy.

Drix... I'm so arrogant I'm arrogant about being arrogant... but that doesn't mean I give bad advice ;). In fact, if ya'all wanna learn something hit me up on aim, or wait for my first article under this name. I have no clue what its going to be about, but I can garentee it'll be ****ing good.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
You're a man .You ALWAYS have to pay for everything.Lol,if she's your GF and strapped then it's ok.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
Metro ???

Metro-sexual? Men are SexY ? Your not gay?!

Hmmmmm......:confused:

Jinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she makes THAT big a deal out of your refusal to pay for her, she probably isn't dating material. I myself prefer to pay becuase of my respect for tradition, but yanno, whether or not you pay for her isn't going to be the determining factor in whether or not you get laid, so knock yourself out man. Do whatever you want

oprahjimfrey

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with tonythetiger01. The first date really sets the trend for the rest. You dont want to stubbornly insist on paying, unless you are fine paying on all your dates. Work out something with your situation.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
What's up Anthony

I'm with you on this one.

You're a man .You ALWAYS have to pay for everything
Don't you people see something wrong with this? This was valid when women couldn't have jobs. However, now that they can, there's no reason at all that men are morally obligated to pay for them.

But instead of arguing morality and what you SHOULD do, let's talk about what you CAN do in reality. If she's attracted to you, your not paying won't be a problem unless, as Anthony said, she doesn't have a job and wouldn't have the $$$ to go out. And you shouldn't be taking her out to anything really expensive anyway.

-Dan

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Durden

The first time I date a chick, she pays for herself. If we stay together, we'll get in a habit which works quite well I find. I pay one time, she pays the next time, and so on.
Yeah, but how do you get her to into this habit of paying one time and you paying the next? Do you talk to her about it?

I would really like to know this part cause thats where I have the problem.

SuSHI.

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
The first date should not cost much. A movie is going to be at least $15, plus food. There was a thread that had cheap date ideas. I forget the title.