Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should you call woman on their games?

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Crowes and SexPDX on this one. SlyDonJuan, I do think you need to cool your jets and not get so pissed off. Women will do that, and the only reason they do is because you've been either acting like an AFC or they're just practicing their flirting.

What your modus operandi should be is to try to ask her out, and if she keeps giving you b.s., then LJBF her and DON'T REACT when she flirts with you. Pretend you don't even notice that she IS flirting with you, treat her like a male friend, and above all, don't act angry with her. Women really don't know what to do with you when you do this. You're not only showing her that you don't give a sh*t WHAT she does -- I mean, you LJBF'ed her, for crying out loud -- and she'll also be frustrated that she hasn't made any dent in your happy, carefree demeanor.

As far as I am concerned, if you're looking for "revenge" (this is mainly directed at SlyDonJuan), then doing this is the best way. Acting like a grouchy, needy, insecure AFC ain't gonna cut it.

BGMan

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every Game Demands a Different Reaction

The key to girls and their games is to first understand:

- what the game is, recognizing it;

- understand what it takes to WIN the game; and then,

- win the game and reap the rewards.

Sometimes the game from her perspective is just "Can you recognize the game I am playing on you and then call me out on it."

Sometime she doesn't want you to just come and say "Oh, I see, you're just playing with me." Sometimes she wants you to recognize it but then act like you don't care at all. Sometimes she wants you to get mad and b1tch her out. Sometimes she wants you to outmaneouver her.

Etc. etc.

There are all kinds of ways of dealing with chick's games. You just have to think "What reaction on my part is winning the game from the girl's perspective?"

I think it is better to think about it in terms of "What reaction on my part will make her want to do me now, more often and all of the time?"

Recognizing the game and understanding what reaction you are REALLY supposed to have is the hard part.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: F-U-C-K THIS THING,MAN!!!!

Originally posted by SlyDonJuan
If a girl plays too many games, the best way to deal with it is to TAKE REVENGE!!!!!!!

WE MUST PUNISHED THE GIRL FOR WHAT SHE HAS DONE AND SHE WILL LEARNT HER LESSON. SHE MUST SUFFER EQUALLY FOR WHAT SHE HAS DONE TO HURT YOU AND NO COMPROMISATION MUST BE MADE.!!!!

Is that clear now guys?
Sly,

You need a reframe here, buddy. You need to be in a peaceful place in which the kind of behavior we are talking about DOES NOT hurt you. Not where you ACT like it doesn't, where it REALLY doesn't. It's a waste of your energy to be preoccupied with such a thing.

Think about it. The girl is only acting that way because she has self-esteem problems. You should feel COMPASSION for her, and for all people who are having a hard time. That doesn't mean that you should be her savior or anything, you just need to understand she is having a hard time. If you can't have that kind of compassion at all then you may have some self esteem problems on your own.

Also, there is a lot of hostility in your post. You will want to take that down a notch or two. I would hate to think your interactions with women are as troubled as your posts to us on the forum.

-PDX

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystic,

Is she your g/f or just a prospect?

Sly,

Games arent my thing. Play them if you want sly. Sounds childish

SexPDX,

Why would i have compassion for a girl with self - esteem problems? I know that a lot of chicks have these but i dont see a reason to have compassion for her. It seems a bit condescending if you ask me.

If a girl plays games, it does not mean that she cant not play them. If i let her know that i dont like her sh!t, she can either keep playing them or not. Its simple and true. If she keeps it up, she's gone and i pick the next girl. Its better for me anyway. I have no time to let a girl waste my time and annoy me. Much less am i going to allow it.

Tricks are for kids

thejuice

318 Most Hated

Don Juan
Reaction score
im the same way 2 juice....

I dont like playing Candyland or ****ing Cluthess and Ladders.....

Me burn them ****s up quick....

I anit the one to play...

I come from the murder capital state...and the click I hang with dont play games at all, period....

fa reals....

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some quality posts here (I'm in the Crowes / SexPDX camp here....)

Call her on her game?

YOU"VE GOT HER GAMEBOOK! You know the play! You're at least 1, maybe 3 steps ahead of the game!

And you want to stop the action and 'splain it to her???

WTF???

No.

You play and you play better. You know what play she's running, remember?

Only someone who can't keep up with the speed of the game wants to stop the action and explain---in a "no shyt sherlock" fashion--what's going down.

Yeah, that's insecurity. It's like someone who knows they can't handle big words will hear one and then try to explain to everyone what it means, and they often don't get it quite right.

Same here.

IF you don't like how things are going--her game playing--then next her. Or play a harder game and set limits (as mentioned above), but don't sit there like simpleton and explain the obvious to her. She knows that. She's probably thinking "you're no fun!" and wondering how to next you for someone who can play.

Just my humble opinion. Quality stuff above---enjoyed reading it.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thejuice

SexPDX,

Why would i have compassion for a girl with self - esteem problems? I know that a lot of chicks have these but i dont see a reason to have compassion for her. It seems a bit condescending if you ask me.
You should feel compassion for ALL people. That's the state of being you want to work towards. There is a desciple of Dali Lama who was imprisoned and tortured by the Chinese who told Dali Lama afterwards that his greatest concern while he was in prison was NOT what would happen to him or wanting what he was going through to end but that he would lose compassion for the people who were imprisoning and torturing him.

Okay, so that's an extreme that has been reached by people who have dedicated their lives to mindfulness. I am not preaching that as the standard for more "normal" dudes, but it puts things in perspective when you consider that all WE are dealing with in this situation is a girl who is having a hard time in her life. Compassion should be a no-brainer under those conditions. The qualities that make you attractive are the ones that make you HUMAN, and losing your compassion for others over something that should not threaten you in the SLIGHTEST is degrading to your own humanity.

Originally posted by thejuice
If a girl plays games, it does not mean that she cant not play them. If i let her know that i dont like her sh!t, she can either keep playing them or not. Its simple and true. If she keeps it up, she's gone and i pick the next girl.
In theory what you are saying could be just fine, I just take issue with the whole "let her know I don't like her sh1t" frame of it. On the other hand I DO know of guys in the community who use this frame to good effect so maybe if you could provide some examples of how YOU have used this to good effect (gotten laid using it) on the level of what is actually said and done I can see if it resonates with what other guys have told me has worked for them and perhaps understand what you mean by this better.

-PDX

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if all else fails slap the hoe!

lol jking!!

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your idea SexPDX. Compassion should be felt for people...afterall, nobody wants to be separated from society by being a cold person to the world. Yes, it sounds good in theory. Should i then stop my world and do that for every person i meet who has a problem? I will not. I seek to improve myself always. If i cannot find something worth quality in a another individual, i let them go. Seems blunt but why do people interact, and continue to do so with each other? Its beneficial

Playing games is also not something i wish to pretend is non existent. Games can be fun...true, but they get annoying if they just dont know when to stop. A girl who constantly keeps trying to make me jealous because im not the jealous type pisses me off. My last g/f told me she got annoyed because i wouldnt flinch when she talked about her ex. She later told me that she only talked about him because she wanted a reaction from me. Its funny now that i think about it...she tried so hard to make me swoon. Didnt work. Drove her mad and she was my toy

This reminds me of a conversation i had with a philosophy proffesor of mine. We talked about stupid things people do...and political tactics came up. He said that they play games with the public to influence opinin of themselves and of others. He gave me an exampe of a political figure which (however) did not seem to follow this narrow pathway and simply did not play any games at all. He asked me what i thought of that mentality - i said that not playing games can be a game in itself! Nice way to poison the well! So, really, its not that i dont play games - i do - i just dont put up with games that are childish. Jealousy games arent my thing

By the way, how to call them on their game is another matter. I think everybody knows that composure is a must when dealing with everyday situations

Let me set up an example. A girl i was once talking to always had a way to piss me off. She was always at my side in my prescence, when we went out to coffee, i lead and she followed contently. I was her interest and she was mines. I kissed her without resistance. Why then, i asked, did she always break plans without even letting me know about it?

Games

She would always call me the day later and tell me how sorry she was and suggest coming over then to watch a movie. She always suggested another alternative for her flaky behavior. Other that that, i would have said lack of interest

Doubtful

I didnt have to ask her if she was trying to fvck with me. I told her to stop flaking on me because it annoyed me. I think she knew what i implied - she knew that she better cut her sh!t or she was gone. She never broke another plan except for maybe once (but she actually had an excuse)

What she was doing was trying to assert control. I did not let her. I believe that a guy who allows this kind of behavior will not be respected. If you let them know that their behavior is unacceptable, they will know that youre on to them and they remain powerless. It does not mean that the relashionship will not be fun as somebody suggested. It will and can just as long as you dont turn into some kind of possesive freak who does not allow mobility. Just being strong is comforting to them but you must never lose composure, thats weak

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you guys have a discussion like this you really have to define what you mean when you refer to women "playing games." From your responses to each other it is obvious that several of you have entirely different things in mind as your definition of women "playing games" and that is why you're so conviced that a different reaction is called for.

Three games women play include:

1. Playing hard to get by being less available than you'd like.
2. Giving attention to other guys to make you jealous.
3. Treating you like a doormat (aka "giving you sh1t") to see if you allow it.

All three of these games serve the same goal of testing your neediness level--like a bat sending out sonar waves to get a sense of where the cave walls are, she is "pinging" you to get feedback on how badly you want or need her.

But the first two games are very different from the third.

Regarding number three, you can and should call her on it.

If she is treating you like a doormat then ALLOWING it conveys neediness. It says you don't dare to stand up for yourself because you're afraid that if you do, you might lose her. So regarding situation three, you should call her on it because doing nothing is what conveys neediness and then you would "fail the test".

Games one and two are the exact reverse of game three. If she is playing hard to get or if she's spending time with other guys to make you jealous, then the mere fact that you NOTICE it as something she's "doing to you" and the fact that you're upset by it (upset enough to "call her on it") is what conveys neediness and you lose.

Instead of needing her so much, what you really need is to have enough success with women in general so that her playing hard to get or her giving attention to other guys doesn't ruin your day, doesn't upset you and make you feel like she's "giving you sh1t", and doesn't fill you with an angry urge to "call her on it".

The tricky thing is that when you really like a woman then for you situations one and two can end up feeling like situation three, even though they are very different.

From your own subjective point of view the first two games can end up feeling like she is "giving you sh1t" just because they're the opposite of what you'd like to see from her. From your point of view having her make you jealous or having her acting aloof and unavailable can feel like "sh1t" and yet it's very different from a true instance of her "giving you sh1t" (treating you like a doormat). After all, if you're not in a relationship you have no claim over her and she is perfectly free to be unavailable or uninterested in you, or more interested in other guys. You can't bully a woman into wanting you by simply "calling her on it" whenever she isn't showing as much interest in you as you'd like.

So the challenge is to recognize those situations where you win by calling her on it versus those situations where you win by NOT being (or at least not seeming) the least bit bothered by what she is doing.

For the camp that favors "calling her on it" I will grant you this: if a woman is playing games to see if she can upset you, then simply keeping silent isn't necessarily going to convince her that her games failed. Women are very perceptive and if a guy is silently stewing over a woman's behavior then more often than not, a woman will know from his tense expression, his fidgetty mannerisms, his emotionally distant tone, and so on that he is upset. Can't YOU tell if a woman is upset when you ask her "what's wrong?" and she snaps back, "oh nothing!"

That is why making a playful comment about a woman's game playing behaviors can sometimes be an effective way to convey the fact that she hasn't succeeded at her game. After all, if her behavior were really upsetting you, you'd find it difficult to talk about it without some sort of irritation creeping into your voice. That is why most guys opt to say nothing at all. But if you can make a comment about her behavior in a playful way, and your voice doesn't contain the slightest trace of annoyance or sarcasm, that can be a very powerful way to communicate the fact that her behavior doesn't faze you in the least.

If you do take the approach of making a playful comment to show that her behavior doesn't bother you, understand that it should be limited to those aspects of her behavior that are extremely obvious. Things that anyone else would notice and pay attention to. Because there are some things a guy would not even NOTICE unless he were pathetically insecure. For instance, if you joke about the way you saw her looking at some guy the other day, it doesn't matter how playful you are in commenting about it, the mere fact that you're noticing and remembering things like that will reek of neediness and no amount of playfulness will cover that up.

Finally, I should add that for the most part, all of this pertains to women who have reason to be unsure of where they stand with you. Once you and she are in a relationship where there is a reasonable basis for you both feeling more trust with each other, then you don't want to be constantly playing these games with each other because that will undermine the trust the two of you share.

Why would a woman continue playing hard to get or continue trying to make a guy jealous even after she's in a relationship? For one thing, she could be doing it for a good reason--maybe she's desperate to see some show of affection from a husband who is far too distant and aloof with her. Or, she could be so insecure and needy herself that she compulsively fishes for reassurance that the guy needs her as much as she needs him. Or, she could be doing it to gain power in the relationship--trying to create the impression that he needs her more than she needs him so she'll be able to leverage off his insecurity to easily control him.

If you are in a relationship with a woman and she is continuing to play these games then you may want to discuss it with her, but you have to do it very carefully because if you simply "call her on it" that can end up making her feel rewarded for playing those games. Remember--she plays those games because she is fishing for signs that you need her, and if you get visibly upset about what she's doing it makes her feel like she succeeded. So instead of simply being upset and focusing on how it makes YOU feel, help her to understand how that sort of game playing is reducing the chances for both of you to enjoy a relationship based on mutual trust.

DeepBlue

Last edited:

stalluproar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is my philosophy. If you are explicit in calling her game, it is a turn off and you are done. If you are implicit, it keeps the game going and control in your court.

Example: When a girl talks about her ex in a semi-good way; Explicit would be , "Oh, so that is how you are, why don't you just go back to him, he obviously teases you enough that you still want him. Implicit would be, "Hmm. Why don't we just all hang out with each other. It would be fun. Lets give him a call now and see what he is doing!"

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with people saying not to call her out on it. Why let her know that you know, when you can not tell her and have a lot more fun?

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan
I agree with Crowes and SexPDX on this one. SlyDonJuan, I do think you need to cool your jets and not get so pissed off. Women will do that, and the only reason they do is because you've been either acting like an AFC or they're just practicing their flirting.

What your modus operandi should be is to try to ask her out, and if she keeps giving you b.s., then LJBF her and DON'T REACT when she flirts with you. Pretend you don't even notice that she IS flirting with you, treat her like a male friend, and above all, don't act angry with her. Women really don't know what to do with you when you do this. You're not only showing her that you don't give a sh*t WHAT she does -- I mean, you LJBF'ed her, for crying out loud -- and she'll also be frustrated that she hasn't made any dent in your happy, carefree demeanor.

BGMan
Beautiful!

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeepBlue

Finally, I should add that for the most part, all of this pertains to women who have reason to be unsure of where they stand with you. Once you and she are in a relationship where there is a reasonable basis for you both feeling more trust with each other, then you don't want to be constantly playing these games with each other because that will undermine the trust the two of you share.

Why would a woman continue playing hard to get or continue trying to make a guy jealous even after she's in a relationship? For one thing, she could be doing it for a good reason--maybe she's desperate to see some show of affection from a husband who is far too distant and aloof with her. Or, she could be so insecure and needy herself that she compulsively fishes for reassurance that the guy needs her as much as she needs him. Or, she could be doing it to gain power in the relationship--trying to create the impression that he needs her more than she needs him so she'll be able to leverage off his insecurity to easily control him.

If you are in a relationship with a woman and she is continuing to play these games then you may want to discuss it with her, but you have to do it very carefully because if you simply "call her on it" that can end up making her feel rewarded for playing those games. Remember--she plays those games because she is fishing for signs that you need her, and if you get visibly upset about what she's doing it makes her feel like she succeeded. So instead of simply being upset and focusing on how it makes YOU feel, help her to understand how that sort of game playing is reducing the chances for both of you to enjoy a relationship based on mutual trust.

DeepBlue
I think that I'm in a situation where the girl I'm seeing is somewhat still playing games because she said she's not sure of what she wants, or how she feels about me. Then, the next minute, she's performing oral on me. Go figure. I guess the lesson is that some girls will still do that stuff with guys, but not be emotionally attached.

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are playing a game where she fishes for some sort of reassurance, you don't respond or respond adequately, so she gives you a BJ?

That's a tough one. What to do? What to do? That's what someone (can't remember who) calls a high quality problem.

I would continue doing what you are doing then give more assurance after the BJ.

She deserves to feel reassured but not so much she takes you for granted. Reenforce the behaviour you want and reward it and maybe someday you can get around the lead up.

the_great_gaia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THIS IS HOW YOU WIN A FEMALES MIND GAME

Make sure you don't give her the impression that she's gotten to you and you look her in her eyes and say : "Bytch, Bye.." and walk on, head strong... don't look back.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: THIS IS HOW YOU WIN A FEMALES MIND GAME

Originally posted by the_great_gaia
Make sure you don't give her the impression that she's gotten to you and you look her in her eyes and say : "Bytch, Bye.." and walk on, head strong... don't look back.
Haha! The title of your post should be How to Assuage Your Bruised Ego By Hurling Insults at the Girl as a Loser's Last Ditch Expression of his Frustration.

-PDX

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a line from my female co-worker a year ago:

me: why do women play games?
her: just cause we can

or did i ask her...

me: why do women test men?
her: to see where you're coming from and what/who/how you are.

anyways...yea...

truth is women are highly insecure, and they play these games to keep us guys trying to figure them out and "chase" them, as a way of imrpvoing their self esteem & confidence

dereklearnslow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've learned more useful information from this one thread than from the rest of the site over the past 2 months. Thanks guys.