Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I take this job?

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new job for about a month now. My current job has had it's ups and downs and I'm worried about the stability of it, as we've had lots of cuts/firings. I've reported to three different VP's in four years. I've survived every cut and had decent bonuses but it's time to move on, as I will be at my company for 5 years and there doesn't look to be much growth.

I had a recruiter get in touch with me on LinkedIn. Conversation went well, and he set up an interview with the Director of the department I'd be working in. The Director said my work was amazing and he really wanted me to join his company.

So, the interview went OK...but the Director seemed a little unprofessional and used profanity in our discussion and didn't have a lot of enthusiasm. He's two years younger than me. I let it slide a bit.

However, today I learned that this company just hired an individual who I'd likely have to work with (this is a full stack environment) who I felt was unqualified for the job as an Associate Director. He has no experience managing people and has had 5 different jobs in the 5 years I've known him. I worked with him before at a previous job, I'm Facebook friends with him (he added me), and his social media posts are often very dramatic and sometimes hate-filled. He once posted about how he he'd "choke someone out" if they continued to talk trash about him.

They are most likely going to offer me a job for a very good salary as an Associate or Executive Director, but I'm leaning towards declining it because of the people I will be working with. I tend to gravitate to more professional behavior and I feel like this company employs people who don't behave in a way that respect.

I am I making the wrong move? The money is so tempting, the work will be easy and for very big clients but my values are overriding things.

Thoughts?

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump? Need an opinion here.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I'll bite and give my thoughts.

Similar in position, I'm a director with an MNC but I'm based in Asia.

As a director, I have peers with plenty of different personalities in different regions, countries and continents.

These very different personalities (some good, some bad, some passive, some dominant, etc) are actually what's needed to make any organisation move in a positive direction.

In a team you'll need to learn to function with different people and harness their knowledge, skills, abilities etc.

Do I have peers like you mentioned ? Of course I do, in every successful company you'll have that.

You'll also notice that those companies having top management guys with similar personalities that's basically not moving ahead but stuck in a loop, hence the reasoning of hiring different personalities.

I say take the job. Be fvcking good in it. Stand your ground but make sure you are effective and passionate with work. You'll be fine.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll bite and give my thoughts.

You'll also notice that those companies having top management guys with similar personalities that's basically not moving ahead but stuck in a loop, hence the reasoning of hiring different personalities.

I say take the job. Be fvcking good in it. Stand your ground but make sure you are effective and passionate with work. You'll be fine.
You know what? You are right. If anything, it's an opportunity to learn a little bit. I think I'm looking for that perfect situation with salary, location, personnel and it's clouding my next step. And I really shouldn't get bent out of shape regarding a bad hire. If anything, these types show themselves the door more often than not and jump from job to job - or - like you mentioned, they remain stagnant.

Thanks!

marvinlfloresq

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do your best, enjoy the ride, don't let other people's behavior influence your decision making. I agree with Spaz. who knows what's up ahead of the road...

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do your best, enjoy the ride, don't let other people's behavior influence your decision making. I agree with Spaz. who knows what's up ahead of the road...
I agree. I think another thing that concerned me was that this company might have some questionable hiring decisions. I didn't really feel that skeptical of that company until they hired the individual I previously worked with. It makes me wonder if they screened poorly or they didn't have a enough good candidates. So, I see red flags. I think what I should do is be very unwavering in salary negotiations, and make it the compensation truly worth being there.

Soflobro#3

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. I think another thing that concerned me was that this company might have some questionable hiring decisions. I didn't really feel that skeptical of that company until they hired the individual I previously worked with. It makes me wonder if they screened poorly or they didn't have a enough good candidates. So, I see red flags. I think what I should do is be very unwavering in salary negotiations, and make it the compensation truly worth being there.
That sounds like a great idea

Anonimmus

Banned
Reaction score
I think yes, why not..For example I moved in UK last summer. I found job here, and now I work as an administrator. If you interested I found my vacancy on Jooble(here), very good job search board.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't need the cash.. Go for it.

If you don't feel comfortable than follow your instinct... don't go.

MTL expos represent

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new job for about a month now. My current job has had it's ups and downs and I'm worried about the stability of it, as we've had lots of cuts/firings. I've reported to three different VP's in four years. I've survived every cut and had decent bonuses but it's time to move on, as I will be at my company for 5 years and there doesn't look to be much growth.

I had a recruiter get in touch with me on LinkedIn. Conversation went well, and he set up an interview with the Director of the department I'd be working in. The Director said my work was amazing and he really wanted me to join his company.

So, the interview went OK...but the Director seemed a little unprofessional and used profanity in our discussion and didn't have a lot of enthusiasm. He's two years younger than me. I let it slide a bit.

However, today I learned that this company just hired an individual who I'd likely have to work with (this is a full stack environment) who I felt was unqualified for the job as an Associate Director. He has no experience managing people and has had 5 different jobs in the 5 years I've known him. I worked with him before at a previous job, I'm Facebook friends with him (he added me), and his social media posts are often very dramatic and sometimes hate-filled. He once posted about how he he'd "choke someone out" if they continued to talk trash about him.

They are most likely going to offer me a job for a very good salary as an Associate or Executive Director, but I'm leaning towards declining it because of the people I will be working with. I tend to gravitate to more professional behavior and I feel like this company employs people who don't behave in a way that respect.

I am I making the wrong move? The money is so tempting, the work will be easy and for very big clients but my values are overriding things.

Thoughts?
Take the job. Keep looking. A buddy of mine has stated put for ten years. He has virtually no prospect opportunities.

Worst case scenario, build a wall. Do your part but keep barriers from Co workers.

1nsatiable

Reaction score
If this experience looks interesting for you, so then I suppose if you get skills and wanna progress in it, then fvck yes, why not?!

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thoughts?
He sounds like a OG. You might not want to wear a tie to the office less he chokes your ass out and puts you on world star.