Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I still call her, or just move on?

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well... It had to come sooner or later.

Yeah, I need some advice.

I was out to eat Friday night, and one of the waitresses at the restaurant was a girl I went to high school with (HB6.5 in high school -- HB 7.5 now). I called her over and chatted her up a bit, then let her go on to her work (it was pretty busy.) Then before I paid the bill, I called her over and told her to give me her e-mail, and as she was writing it, I told her to write her number down, too. She said "I never check my e-mail but her's my AOL screen name." She wrote it down and said we "DEFINITELY have to hang out some time," then gave me a hug as I was about to leave. It went really well IMO.

However, when we used to hang out in high school, I was in a LTR, which just ended about 3 months ago. It's possible she was being so... receptive because she thought I was safe (she probably doesn't know that I am single again.)

I added her to my buddy list, but did not message her, and I also didn't give her my screenname, so she would have no if I added her unless I messaged her. I checked her profile out, just to be a neb, and in it it says "I MISS MY BABY."

Finally after all that background -- the question.

Should I still call her in a few days and assume she doesn't have a man until she tells me so, or should I just cut bait, and worry about my other prospects I have? I am not stressing, and I am not one-itising... I am just curious as to how other DJ's would handle the same situation. There are plenty other fish in the sea, and I am busy stocking my pond. I don't need this one, but she would be a great addition :cool:

-- Zero-

GinuwineXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have done everything you did except ask for her e-mail address. That was really gay. Never do that again please. Next time just ask for a girls number.

Call her and get some light convo going. Ask her would she like to join you to do something. While you are out with her ask her what has she been up to, Is she seeing anybody. Take it from there don't sweat it.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it but from now on Don't ask for AIM names or email addresses. You don't want a girl cancelling dates over an
email (happened to me twice before i learned my lesson) or instant messenger.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GinuwineXXX
I would have done everything you did except ask for her e-mail address. That was really gay. Never do that again please. Next time just ask for a girls number.
Uh.... ever heard of Double Your Dating?? Obviously not.

Asking for e-mail (and phone) works buddy.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry pal, but Ofus is right.

It works.

You're missing the point. The idea is NOT to talk to her over IM or over e-mail. I know you see that I've only posted here since April, but believe me. I have been around much longer. I just never really started posting until last month. The point IS that while she's writing her e-mail down, to tell her to "go ahead and write her number down, too," and she will do it. It will just seem natural to her. Girls are more willing to give out their e-mails. It seems safer. As soon as I find the original link I read, I will post it here.

I have no intention of e-mailing her, or IMing her. That was just an icebreaker.

Also, we didn't exchange numbers or IM names. She doesn't have my number or IM name, and she's not gonna get them until she asks. Don't worry. It's all gravy.

-- Zero-

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dust 2 Dust
Go for it but from now on Don't ask for AIM names or email addresses. You don't want a girl cancelling dates over an
email (happened to me twice before i learned my lesson) or instant messenger.
Absolutely 100% correct. If you meet a girl online or get her email before her number, STOP emailing and IM'ing the second you get her number. Don't reply to her emails if she sends you any. You don't want her to think that is a valid communication channel. It allows her to be waay too impulsive in cancelling dates.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys must've missed the title of this thread, it says "should I still call her or not."

This isn't a discussion of whether or not e-mails or text messeging are good ways to communicate (they aren't). The e-mail/phone # close is just a different way to get the #. (giving out e-mail is low risk for a woman, and once she's already giving you her e-mail its a small step for the # as well)

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I wanted to clear ONE more thing up.

This is how the e-mail to #-close works.

You ask a girl, "Hey, do you have e-mail?"
Of course she does... in this day in age EVERYONE has e-mail. She also figures e-mail is a safe thing to give out. Therefore she will write it down. As she is writing down the e-mail, you throw in a quick "You know, why don't you write your number down, too."

This is a guaranteed score. She will be writing her e-mail, and subconsciously start writing her number too. Yes, you have utilized a woman's suggestibility.

This is a great start for those who are not quite comfortable going for the number close, and you're almost guaranteed success with it.

E-Mail is an awful form of communication, I know this, you know this, we all know this. It's the fact that you're tapping into her subconscious that counts. And by not giving her my e-mail or IM name, I am in full control of the whole thing. I have the ball, just as it should be.

-- Zero-