"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Should I pay for it all with this chick?

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Joined
May 22, 2004
Messages
300
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
In Uranus
I got the digits of a HB7, called up and arranged to go ice skating for a first date tomorrow night. Is it too p*ssy to pay for it all, I got a job now and have a nice paycheck so paying for her isn't a issue of money. This chick is unemployed at the moment so maybe I should just pay, right?

I'm pretty confident i can get into her pants too, so it may be worth paying for her session. What do you guys think?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
If she doesn't have a job, then it would be pretty mean to tell her to pay her own way! Especially since YOU invited HER. Besides, if you're able to "hook-up" later, then it's money well spent.:D
 

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
484
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Ontario
How much does ice skating even cost? If you rent the most you pay is from the deposit, which you get back anyway. It shouldn't be a big deal to pay. However don't get focused on the small details -- you should be more focused on your game.
 

Anaconda

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
DJs, how do you tell a girl to pay anyway? I have never asked a girl to pay, only if she volunteers or insists on paying. And I think it's better that way. If I invited, I would pay. However, I expect at least a thank-you or some sort of appreciation in return, how about a kiss ;)? And it's not always good to be just one way all the times. Usually, if she insists on paying once in a while, then I'll let her. If you ask a girl to pay, that seems to be stingy and risk presenting yourself as a cheapass. However, if you pay all the times and get nothing in return then beware of gold diggers.

Any DJs out there ever asks their girls to pay ;), would you mind sharing?

P.S. By the way, if you got into her pants, come back here and tell us the story :D.
 
Last edited:

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Your asking her out - so you should pay - in my opinion.

I don't ask a woman to pay - not my style. Not the style I want to give off either.

Now having said that - here are my personal guildlines.


1) If I'm paying and we are going out - I don't want to see her using her cell phone or taking calls when we are at dinner - movies etc. If that happens - I'm outtie.

2) I pick the places beforehand. That way I know exactly how much I'm spending - range wise. So - if your asking a girl to dinner - have a plan.

3) I usually do action kind of dates. Pool - Darts - bowling etc. That way you can throw in some drinks and there's opportunity to see her in action.

4) Typically if there's in physical activity after 3 dates I'm out of there - no matter how hot she is.

5) Don't start a precedence by spending a fortune on her or taking her in fancy places to eat. Leave that for the 1 yr. anniversary.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
gawd damn..
stop being so jerk offish...
pay for her..
your being so ungentlemanly to be thinking so deep whether to pay for her even..




AS A RULE
depends on the chick really .. if she is WILD type then don't pay for her
if she is a shy HB pay for her...(they get really wet when you do! )hahahaha
 

jseib

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Canada
sometimes..

I think what he's asking is not whether he should pay or not but whether he's being a pu$$y by paying... In this case the cost of your date is so small if you didn't insist on paying you might as well not even bother showing up.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Nothing wrong with paying on a date, just don't go buying her gifts or insisting to pay for anything and everything. As soon as you start drawing attention to your generosity or paying for her company, that's when it starts to look wussy.

The ideal situation in my opinion is if she offers to pay at any time tell her you'll pay this time and she can treat you next time or get the drinks later. It balances things a little, but helps to avoid the awkwardness of each paying separately.

If, however, she asks for money or asks you to pay for her at any time, be very cautious.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
you definetely have to pay since you called. if you prefer paying 50/50, then make it clear AFTER you pay in full and tell her about your financial situation, issues with money.

think of it another way, if you were visiting a good friend on a vacation trip 150 miles away and he invited you out - and then he insisted on 50/50 - how would you feel? how would you feel if he completely paid the entire bill?

1st date should've been something simple/inexpensive coffee/beer and then walking around some stores or hiking.

that thing about "you being confident in getting into her pants" and then you asking us "if you should pay on the first date" doesn't correlate. RIIIIIGHT.
 
Top