Should I move on or follow up

ikonik

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently met this girl for networking about two, we talked on the phone a few weeks ago and she asked me what I was doing that night. We ended up at the same party (I told her I was going later) after I said I wasn't sure and I'd let her know if I hear of anything. I said hey to her when I saw her and we chatted then went our separate ways. She also hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. As I was leaving, she stared me down and said heyyyy. On that same call she suggested we keep talking saying "let's keep talking." I've only known her for a couple months so I don't know her that well but she's pretty outgoing and confident so maybe she asks that for everyone else too.

She went on vacation for a few weeks and before she left I suggested we grab coffee when she gets back, she enthusiastically said yes and said to reconnect when she gets back. So the day after she got back I texted her to see if she wanted to grab coffee sometime that week, she said she was swamped with catching up on work, which is probably true. The other day (Sunday) I asked her out for a Friday coffee date, she hasn't responded yet. Is this her way of saying she isn't interested or should I follow up?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
she just had no person to talk to at the party and you swallowed the bait and now pursuit her like rest of her adorators.

shes probably showing your messages to her fat female friends and laughing about you or saying things like "ohh these men are so annoying"

ikonik

Don Juan
Reaction score
she just had no person to talk to at the party and you swallowed the bait and now pursuit her like rest of her adorators.

shes probably showing your messages to her fat female friends and laughing about you or saying things like "ohh these men are so annoying"
Don't know about that, because I approached her. She was with a friends.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sounds like she's just living the single life, prob has multiple guys on her rotation. You followed up, she declined once and now she's not texting back. Low interest on her end. There's nothing else you should do but move it along.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I strongly doubt what Sosousage says, don't throw away chances like these, I think the girl was highly interested, but you are not taking this oppurtunity as a man.
Just wait for a couple more days now, if she doesn't reach back out, call her. Ask her how her day is, chat a bit and then ask for the date.

At the date, be a man, grab what you want, smile, make fun, grab her hand, make out. Goodluck.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I strongly doubt what Sosousage says, don't throw away chances like these, I think the girl was highly interested, but you are not taking this oppurtunity as a man.
Just wait for a couple more days now, if she doesn't reach back out, call her. Ask her how her day is, chat a bit and then ask for the date.

At the date, be a man, grab what you want, smile, make fun, grab her hand, make out. Goodluck.
Every story on here starts with the girl being interested initially. But her not texting back is a clear sign the interest level has dropped. Him calling her after her declining his invite (for whatever reason) and now not receiving a text back is going to make him look desperate.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every story on here starts with the girl being interested initially. But her not texting back is a clear sign the interest level has dropped. Him calling her after her declining his invite (for whatever reason) and now not receiving a text back is going to make him look desperate.
@jaymbrs is right, but women are emotional creatures, you scrwed up, probably by doing exactley nothing. You should've taken action by flirting when you were with her and she probably shut down on you lacking on action.

She could be in a different emotional state and willing to take a new shot because she was initially interested, it could go sideways. But I always look at it like hell I don't have anything to lose and use the 3 strike rule. If you have several options and don't care like you should, I would delete her number and only talk when she reaches out.

ikonik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or she could actually be busy? I never called her either, she called me that first time. When I invited her out the first time she said she was swamped with catching up on work, which could be true, she posted about it on IG.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or she could actually be busy? I never called her either, she called me that first time. When I invited her out the first time she said she was swamped with catching up on work, which could be true, she posted about it on IG.
Too busy to text back? You seriously believe that?

ikonik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Too busy to text back? You seriously believe that?
No, I'm sure she saw it. But I called her one time on a Sunday before and she never returned until a few days later when we scheduled something.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the day after she got back I texted her
whoa there cowboy... let the currious kitty come to you son
put that thing back in the holster.... let her wonder about those nickle plated shooters

Glassguy

Reaction score
I recently met this girl for networking about two, we talked on the phone a few weeks ago and she asked me what I was doing that night. We ended up at the same party (I told her I was going later) after I said I wasn't sure and I'd let her know if I hear of anything. I said hey to her when I saw her and we chatted then went our separate ways. She also hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. As I was leaving, she stared me down and said heyyyy. On that same call she suggested we keep talking saying "let's keep talking." I've only known her for a couple months so I don't know her that well but she's pretty outgoing and confident so maybe she asks that for everyone else too.

She went on vacation for a few weeks and before she left I suggested we grab coffee when she gets back, she enthusiastically said yes and said to reconnect when she gets back. So the day after she got back I texted her to see if she wanted to grab coffee sometime that week, she said she was swamped with catching up on work, which is probably true. The other day (Sunday) I asked her out for a Friday coffee date, she hasn't responded yet. Is this her way of saying she isn't interested or should I follow up?
Its a game of tennis. You knocked the ball back over the net, she has the ball. You wait and see if she knocks it back over or not.

Its 2018. She got the text message. She read it. She hasnt acted upon it. You need to chill and find other chicks who are of higher interest in you and dont leave you hanging.

Under no circumstances do you do anything right now.

If she reaches out a month later you can pull one of my tricks:

Her: Heyyyy
Me: Heyyyyy. Who is this? I dont recognize the number.

ikonik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another mutual friend of mine who knows her also texted her for something a while ago and she took days to respond to him. This guy is married with kids so he has no interest in her...