Should I give her my #?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I met this girl online and we begun emailing one another and we decided to get together for some coffee. She game me her number today to call her but I did not and don't feel like calling first- after reading some tips posted on here. We are aranging to me and I would like to know if it is a good idea for me to provide her with my number or just continue with email commucation until we meet?

shyguy32

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just call her up...set up the coffee date and thats it. Don't stay on there too long.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
be a man...

get her number, call her, set up a meeting, and lay off the electronic communication with her.

phoneproblems

Don Juan
Reaction score
easier solution

I have the same phone phobia.

What I found is you can always setup the date via email, or IM, even after they gave you a # and said to call. I just did this today, in fact.

This avoids any chance to screw things up with the phone convo. And since you did not in fact ask for their # (they just gave it to you and told you to call them) ignoring this demand and doing it your way keeps you in charge. Women don't want you to let them lead. They actually get more interested if you make them wait and do things your way.

Anyway, don't give her your #. Just reply by email and set the date. But kill any more extraneous convo, like the other poster said. You passed that test already.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by amoka
I did not and don't feel like calling first- after reading some tips posted on here.
I always call a girl when she sends me her phone number.

Take the girl from online to talking on the phone ASAP!

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I did not call yesterday before the date and she obviously did not have my number so our date yesterday turned out to be very catastrophic and disappointments. We arranged to meet at 7:30pm at one of the coffee shops but the weather was so severe that she could not make it; although, I made it. I waited waited waited and waited for her for a good half-an-hour hoping to see her through the doors but there was no sign of her. I have a policy of not waiting for anybody more than 10mins so after 10mins of my waiting period elapsed, I decided to leave. I left. Later, at about 9pm, I decided to give her a call to ensure that she did not go to the rendezvous without my presence. We talked for less than a minute and she said she would have given me a call had she my phone number. I told her forgot to provide it for her. And that I would have called her earlier had I not forgotten her number in my email address. By the way, she was at home. And was sleeping when I called. She now has my ph #. I wrote her an email today stating how unfortunate it was that we could not meet. And that I will get back with her whenever I have free time on my schedule because I'm busy. Well, I'm not that busy but from what I've learned from this forum so far, one should never make the girl suspect he is free all the time and ready to go out with her whenever she wants. So I told her I will get back with her very soon. Did not mention when.

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amoka, I'm no expert on this stuff and am still learning but I have a few tentative suggestions about what went wrong aside from what others have correctly pointed out in previous posts.

You wrote "... I waited waited waited and waited for her for a good half-an-hour hoping to see her through the doors but there was no sign of her. I have a policy of not waiting for anybody more than 10mins so after 10mins of my waiting period elapsed, I decided to leave. I left."

Did you wait 10 minutes or half an hour. Is it good for your self-esteem to violate your own waiting policy?

You wrote "By the way, she was at home. And was sleeping when I called. "

She was at asleep!? At home! Man, that sounds like a very low interest level to me! And a major disrespect.

You wrote "Well, I'm not that busy but from what I've learned from this forum so far, one should never make the girl suspect he is free all the time and ready to go out with her whenever she wants. So I told her I will get back with her very soon. Did not mention when."

I reckon what I've picked up from thise site, and it makes good sense to me, is that you actually need to BE busy, as in having a life rather than pretending to others that you are busy. That way, if she flakes on you then its no big deal to your ego, pride etc.

Hope that helps.

:)

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Waited for her 10 mins and decided to read till 8:00pm since the rendezvous is a coffee shop as well as a book store. Had it been just a coffee shop, I would not have waited 1 second passed 10min. Thanks for the clearification though.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you are right MightyM. I wrote her yesterday but never heard from her since. Normally, she is prompt to responding my emails, but has not replied to the latest email sent yesterday. Perhaps she has not received it yet, but I doubt it. In anyway, I don't know wheather to write or call her sometimes on Wednesday asking for another date or just forget about it all together. Any idea?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by amoka
I think you are right MightyM. I wrote her yesterday but never heard from her since. Normally, she is prompt to responding my emails, but has not replied to the latest email sent yesterday. Perhaps she has not received it yet, but I doubt it. In anyway, I don't know wheather to write or call her sometimes on Wednesday asking for another date or just forget about it all together. Any idea?
dude, you're sweatin' on one chick.

peacock

Don Juan
Reaction score
absolutely, stop sweating. if she doesn't respond forget about her and go pull some other birds.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks You all. Advices commited to memory.