Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I get a tattoo?

Scaramanga86

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just turned 18 and im thinking about getting a tattoo on my upper-back. Should i get one or not, any suggestions to what i should get?

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
go ask some random people on the internet about it oh wai...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is semi-relevant.

You're "nearly 18". I knew a guy a few years back who was about 18 or 19 and he decided to get a tattoo. He wanted to show his undying devotion for his girlfriend, so he was going to get her name inked into a tattoo on his arm (or maybe chest, I forget). Anyway, I told him, "Dude, if you guys ever break up, you're gonna have to get a girl with the same name as your ex always."

And he's like, "No, we'll never break up."

And I said, "Okay dude. Whatever."

So he got the tattoo.

And a few short months later, they split up. And I haven't talked to him in years, but I'll bet that f*cker is still looking for a new girlfriend named Khrystal (spelled like that).

Dumbass.

So the moral is -- THINK ABOUT IT, for God's sake.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scaramanga86
I've just turned 18 and im thinking about getting a tattoo on my upper-back. Should i get one or not, any suggestions to what i should get?
No.

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
never tattoo a name of a girl you are dating on yourself... it's like a curse.

Getting a tattoo in memory of people, like fathers, veterans, are always good and something you will never regret.

Remember this is going to be with you when you die... and every day up until that point... make sure you're 1000 percent sure.

Some guy thought he was sure he wanted a Swastica on his neck, with the no smoking circle going around it in red. Well now he wants to be an elementary school teacher, he's getting the tattoo removed slowly, the Red is fading, so now there's a glaring swastica on his neck, he starts teaching in August... think about it.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scaramanga86
Just turning 18 I was faced with the same question.

For a while I thought it would be a cool thing to do, hell I even designed my own tat. I still think it looks cool but ultimately I decided that the Cool factor would wear off way before the tatoo would.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but when you're 80 do you really want some stupid tatoo on your back? No you won't.

I know a kid that got master cheif tatooed on his back. That idiot was regretting it 6 months later.

What I would recomend.

-Wait a while, 6 months to a year. Look at other peoples tatoos. Look at how you perceive them because of the tatoo.
-Weigh the benefits. Will this embarass my parents/family. Will it affect my ability to get a good job. Will I regret it later in life.
-Attitudes come and go, but that tatoo doesn't. Is this some fad thats gonna fade out, or is it something that has a deep meaning to me.

If you can honestly answer those confidently, then go ahead and get it. If you can't you will regret it.

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Attitudes come and go, but that tatoo doesn't. Is this some fad thats gonna fade out, or is it something that has a deep meaning to me.
True point, if you're going to get a tat, Scaramanga86, I would recommend designing one yourself that has a deep meaning (or getting someone who can draw and have him/her design it) and consider the location of the tattoo i.e. shoulder, the lower back, etc. someplace the tattoo can be easily concealed if you had to conceal it.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And a few short months later, they split up. And I haven't talked to him in years, but I'll bet that f*cker is still looking for a new girlfriend named Khrystal (spelled like that).
Haha, that's hilarious.

On a similar note, back in high school, I almost got a Chicago Bulls logo tattooed on my arm, so glad I didn't lol, bulls lose game after game now.