Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I complement women on their looks if I am attracted to them?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found very early on that complimenting my fiancé on looks yields very little reaction so I only ever say “you look nice“ once in a while. The more beautiful a woman is, the less effective compliments on her looks are.

In fact, if a woman thinks of herself as above you, your compliments will annoy and even anger her, because she considers it an insult to be found attractive by a lowly peon.

That’s why we men need to level the playing field by projecting superiority. Women by and large bring only one thing to the table... Looks.

We bring a multitude of value to the table, but what so few men realize is that it’s game over when we appear eager and “all in”. The most effective thing I ever taught myself was to establish superiority and dominance early on. This is the key to the kingdom. Feel superior, act superior, and watch the attraction happen. This goes against everything you’ve been taught, because we men value politeness and respect. That’s why you need to play the role. “Assume a virtue if you have it not.”

Judgment of women (expecting good behavior out of them) neutralizes their only advantage, which is looks.

I admonish all men to get their minds off complimenting women (which vastly increases their power and advantage over you) and instead knock them off their imaginary pedestal.

Contrary to how things seem, once you calibrate, instead of turning women off, you will be vastly increasing your attractiveness. Beautiful women are secretly craving a strong, bold man who is above her. Most beautiful women consider 98% of men as quite below them. Establishing judgment and dominance early on are truly the keys to the kingdom, but almost everyone reading this will not accept it because it is a paradox.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I found very early on that complimenting my fiancé on looks yields very little reaction so I only ever say “you look nice“ once in a while. The more beautiful a woman is, the less effective compliments on her looks are.

In fact, if a woman thinks of herself as above you, your compliments will annoy and even anger her, because she considers it an insult to be found attractive by a lowly peon.

That’s why we men need to level the playing field by projecting superiority. Women by and large bring only one thing to the table... Looks.

We bring a multitude of value to the table, but what so few men realize is that it’s game over when we appear eager and “all in”. The most effective thing I ever taught myself was to establish superiority and dominance early on. This is the key to the kingdom. Feel superior, act superior, and watch the attraction happen. This goes against everything you’ve been taught, because we men value politeness and respect. That’s why you need to play the role. “Assume a virtue if you have it not.”

Judgment of women (expecting good behavior out of them) neutralizes their only advantage, which is looks.

I admonish all men to get their minds off complimenting women (which vastly increases their power and advantage over you) and instead knock them off their imaginary pedestal.

Contrary to how things seem, once you calibrate, instead of turning women off, you will be vastly increasing your attractiveness. Beautiful women are secretly craving a strong, bold man who is above her. Most beautiful women consider 98% of men as quite below them. Establishing judgment and dominance early on are truly the keys to the kingdom, but almost everyone reading this will not accept it because it is a paradox.
Great post! But I am wondering: what are some ways to establish judgement and dominance with women?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thats very true Atom. All I can say is I greatly appreciate the man I love expressing that he finds me beautiful or sexy. It’s a turn on. But I developed late into being a beautiful woman and was never taught by my family of origin to utilize beauty as an advantage. So I deeply appreciate being admired in that way.

I could see how other women who are constantly told how pretty they are growing up could tire of such things. My parents never emphasized or reinforced looks. They emphasized character. We were required instead to achieve, excel in school, work hard, cultivate good manners, and be kind. We were told “you look nice” at the most. As a result I never realized the value (to men) of beauty until my 20s. And I found navigating that bewildering for a while.

So learn your individual girl. But obviously that is a relationship context...one that differs from yours on that axis.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Case by case basis. Never over-compliment any woman. But a compliment that acknowledges something out of the ordinary is a no brainer. If she just spent 2 hours getting ready to head out to a fancy dinner and looks stunning then tell her she looks great. Nothing simpy about that and you’ll probably be seen as an ass if you don’t say anything at all.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she’s into you she will reward you in spades for it.
Keyword being "IF"...

Make sure she's into you first before even contemplating on making any compliments.
This is the mistake a lot of guys make. They GIVE out compliments like pennies where it's not always deserved or warranted.

There's a difference in the way a woman will perceive a comment from someone she truly desires and likes vs. someone she doesn't know that well and isn't really into. Example: Hey I think that dress looks sexy on you and you got a nice body to fill it. This will be taken differently by different women depending on her attraction to you.

DO NOT PREMATURELY give out compliments either unless you've been together for awhile and in a secure relationship, or you sense that she really likes you. Even then, sparingly so that every time you do, it means something and it's special to them.

I agree with @Atom Smasher line of thinking on this one.