"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Should I change my number to get rid of obsessive ex-gf?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
I met her from a Real-Estate transaction back in 2008 or so and we hit it off 2009. She is on scizophrenic meds and my family and folks don't like her and I just liked visiting her occasionally for fun stuff in 2010 and a few times early 2011. She called in July 1, 2011 and told me she wanted to buy a house and that I should move in with her when she does. Fast forward to 2013, where she actually bought a house in Hamilton, and then moved to another place, and finally another house. The last time I visited her house for fun-stuff was in December 2012 after a break-up with a girl I actually really did love.

Now, I don't know how time works with these things, it's 2019 right now. The last time I saw her (i.e. this time at a coffee shop) was around June 2013 or somewhere around there. The last time we sexted each other was in January 2016 and I broke contact with her not long after that because I thought a devil attacked me afterwards because we sexted each other and just broke it off any further contact from that time forth. She doesn't seem to care that I got married to someone else and divorced, visited prostitutes or if I got involved with any other girl as long as I go back to her and I can't shake her.

My mom is saying I should change my number. I think that if I keep blocking the different numbers she's calling at that eventually she'll just get tired and leave me alone. I'm not talking to any other girls and I guess I don't see a problem with an obsessive ex contacting me. She saying she wants to pay all of my bills and I don't have to worry about any rent or whatnot if I move-in with her. I think she might accuse me of some nonsense and start stabbing me in the middle of the night if she doesn't take her meds.

This is a business line, I've put the phone on silence so I can't hear it ringing and I'm also missing important calls. Why is this happening to me? Did I mis-lead her or something like that? I thought women had plenty of options. Why is she picking on me? Is this like a bad joke? Should I really change my number?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Buisness number mostly, ik that changing my #would be a problem for my buisness.
Also just by principle not gonna adjust my life because of some craziness
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
I find that, of you tell them outright not to call you again, and then you start ignoring their calls, eventually they stop. First step is always tell them to stop calling.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
I find that, of you tell them outright not to call you again, and then you start ignoring their calls, eventually they stop. First step is always tell them to stop calling.
Yes but once the police get involved and she is making up stories that I picked her up in a town that is 3 hours away when I never saw her since 2013 then i dont think you can even reason with her.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
Buisness number mostly, ik that changing my #would be a problem for my buisness.
Also just by principle not gonna adjust my life because of some craziness
My business is half dead and not a successful business anyway. Do not think there would be that much of a disruption. Can just update some clients and associates as to the new number.
 

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
102
Location
-
"Changing my number because she won't stop contacting me" makes about as much sense as the guys saying "I have an iPhone because my girlfriend has an iPhone." It's not worth the hassle. In fact, that might just be what she wants is for you to do something like that and pay attention to her. Just block her number, and if you can't for some reason, silence her notifications.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
"Changing my number because she won't stop contacting me" makes about as much sense as the guys saying "I have an iPhone because my girlfriend has an iPhone." It's not worth the hassle. In fact, that might just be what she wants is for you to do something like that and pay attention to her. Just block her number, and if you can't for some reason, silence her notifications.
That was already done. Unfortunately when the police start calling or she gets someone else to call or changes her number herself then blocking is no longer a solution.
 
Top