"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Should I call her?

Lucky08

New Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
My ex (19) broke up with me (21) about 6 months ago. She told me 2 weeks before how she was obsessed over me and would never want to let go of me and then she tested me one night accusing me of ****, which I lost my cool and then I tried to recoup, but like 3 days later she broke up with me. She then started dating "her friend" immediately (basically she traded). She tried calling me the week after we broke up at my work (she worked with me but quit like 3-4 weeks before) and I told her I was busy. She again tried calling me the following week and I told her I didn't want to talk to her. Her older sister (31) would call me up and basically ask me how I was and try to make convo while I was at work, cause she used to be the manager there and I was friends with her. So like 1 month after the girl broke up with me, I talked to the sister and the girl to called me at home the next night. She was all scared of me at first and I played it very casual and friendly. She started talking about the moon and stars and trying as hard as she could to make conversation with me. I ended the conversation and I told her I would call her back. I call like 4 days later and the sister said she was out. I went out for lunch with the sister and she kept trying to bring the girl up to see my reaction and I just played it off. I called a week later and the same thing happened. I called one more time to tell the sister that I want the girl to give me my jacket back, cause it was sitting in the back seat of the girls car, which it still is.

So anyways, I stopped calling cause I realized that it is not worth the trouble. The sister moved away and the girl stayed in LA. She stayed with the guy, who basically catered to her every whim. I remember she would tell me about how he would take her out to dinner and how she would make him pay and he would do whatever she wanted. I did get jealous a couple of times when she tested me and started telling me that she wanted to be with him and the rest of the times I just acted like I couldn't care less. So I called her a couple of weeks back just to say Hi and she was friendly. She told me about what was going on in her life and she heard about how I changed jobs cause she is friends with my current boss. And I ended the conversation.

She came last friday morning to Noah's bagels where my cousin started working and when she was about to leave she asked for my new cell number and my cousin gave it to her after some delaying. She called the same afternoon and I had my mom answer it and my mom was like who is this and she said she wanted to talk to **LUCKY08** and then she thought that she got the wrong number.

I know that she is stealable from this guy. I guessed her voicemail code on her cell phone and I heard all of her messages (And no I am not a stalker or nothing like that.). She saves every message from everyone. This guy has her on a pedestal above him and it seems that same friday he said he was glad to see her that morning after not seeing her the past couple of days. So I am guessing that she had him take her to Noah's Bagels while he waited in the car. Also there was a message from 2 days before saying, Oh, I understand you are too tired to hang out. He has a vm message for her almost every day with some ass kissing. So it seems she doesn't really give a **** about him if she is getting my number while she is with him.

Now, should I call her back or let her try again to test her IL? This was the girl who originally begged me to be her boyfriend cause I wouldn't give her that much attention. She said she was bored when she broke up with me. I guess cause I started calling her too much the last 2-3 weeks we were together, when it used to be her always calling me and I'd call her maybe once in a while.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
Let her go, cut off all contact and kick your cousins ass.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Ask yourself...do you REALLY want her back, after all this drama and BS? And remember, you'd be taking back all the BAD with the GOOD.

And yeah, where the hell does your cousin feel that he has the right to hand out your phone number to psycho ex-girlfriends? :confused:
 

Lucky08

New Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
About wanting her back after all the bs, I am like 50/50. Either way is ok.

About my cousin giving out the number. He used to work with us at the same company so he is cool with her. I have talked with him about her in the past when I was wanting her back. I dont mind that he gave her my number. I gave my cell number to her sister when I was talking to her sister a couple of months ago, not for the intention of giving it to the girl but just to keep my friendship with the sister.
 

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
Lol, I'm just making light man...I meant what I said about not putting up with that shi t she was doing. Go find a girl that really digs you, because it sounds like she doesn't.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I agree with leaving her and finding someone else.
Too much drama there, you should leave it.
 
Top