Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I apologize to my ex?

Billtx49

Reaction score
"I wish things had been better too".

Not really sure how to take her responses.
Her responses are only basic politeness while acknowledging that it’s in the past.
Nothing says future, but it’s extremely easy to read into her statements that something is when we’re still emotionally hooked on a girl…

Last edited:

vanballmoos

Banned
Reaction score
Her responses are only basic politeness while acknowledging that it’s in the past.
Nothing says future, but it’s extremely easy to read into her statements that something is when we’re still emotionally hooked on a girl…
Curious, given OP only asked her a yes or no question and ended his apology with
"apologizing is my only intention" what would she say to allude to the future (if that's what she wanted)?

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
There's a difference between apologising from position of strenght and apologising from position of weakness.

I did send a few messages to my ex after almost a year of N/C. I apologised her for fights at the end of the relationship but I did it really to get a closure for myself, to receive redemption for my ultimate failure to keep her around. Poetic? Yes. Useless? Not Really/Yes (depends on your view).

She was initially receptive but I noticed that after she realised that I'm all good and well onto path after my dreams and she has okayish job, she included these little unpleasant remarks like she was actually trying to coach me and get superiority over me due to her internal issues.

I believe she despised that I was ok without her. In her eyes I should remain as worthless as I was at the end of our relationship. It would make her happy. It wouldn't make her doubt about her choice.

You need to understand that her recent actions (unfollowing you here and there) show her true feelings about you. She dislikes you, perhaps even hate a bit.

Your mistake is not destroying memories about your time together. I destroyed every photo, tried to forget every moment but I stopped thinking about her just couple days ago. I deleted emails to and from her day or two after sending/receiving them.

Now I'm finally at peace with it. I know I'm on the right path and she was just a milestone.

I would not contact your ex if I were you tho'. It's obvious that you still have some feelings about her. That + loneliness.
How is it obvious?

But yea by deleting her pictures off my page I thought I was doing the correct thing-removing all memories of her.

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update:

"I wish things had been better too".

She doesn't care about your apology man. She's BEEN over it dude. You should not have even texted her. Move on. There's so many women out there ... Start dating others

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because your action is in fact reaction on her action (unfollowing you). I wrote my ex knowing that:
1) she doesn't give a damn
2) she is probably polishing sb's c0ck (the same c0ck she was hoping to polish when she left me knowing her)

You need to be realist about the whole thing. Women are much better at going through the break up. They are very emotional about it initially but after some time you are just a 0 degrees of heat memory to her - it's something connected with ancient times when a man could die at hunting or war and woman had to cope with that fast to survive and get another partner as soon as possible.

You see her reaction as unfollowing you as emotional decision but in fact it could be as well logical ("I love polishing this new guy's c0ck sSO MUCH, memory about this guy isn't worth anything right now. Ultimately, he didn't serve my purpose").

So basically speaking you need to be aware how close of reopening your wounds you are. She for sure isn't.
"sb" is what?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update:

I sent her the first text a little after 12 AM. I said, "have you been to ___ recently at all?". She didn't reply back until 10 AM the next day. She said, "Just saw your message. No I haven't been. You? Hope all is well." I replied a few minutes later, "Was there last night. Just thought about you. Been feeling guilty about the way I ended things. I just had a lot of unresolved resentment that affected the way I went about things. Sorry this is so out of the blue. Just wanted to apologize that’s my only intention”. She replied, "I wish things had been better too".

What does it matter what her response was? You wanted to apologize, you did it, you know she received it. Again, you're making this about her instead of about your apology, otherwise you wouldn't care how she responds.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will be surprised how quickly woman FORGET you, and simply move on.
I know this is true but i wonder if its the same for a women being dump by a much higher smv or alpha widow

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
if she had never responded to your first text about the special place you would've never apologized. Better yet, if she hadn't unfollowed you (which I'm sure triggered you) you wouldn't have apologized. Or if you had apologized weeks ago when you took down her picture, that would’ve made more sense to do it then. Just all seems so disingenuous. She probably can see through the BS and knows you have ulterior motives.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So lemme get this straight... You asked us what we thought + The majority said don't text her/don't care what she thinks = you texted her + now you care what she thinks.

Something ain't adding up, G.

You picked one person's advice out of many because it was what you wanted to hear rather than what you probably should've done. Think about that behavior. Irrational.

Now look where you are. Head still spinning over a girl that you haven't interacted with in about a year and supposedly didn't care to get back with. We warned ya, mate.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So lemme get this straight... You asked us what we thought + The majority said don't text her/don't care what she thinks = you texted her + now you care what she thinks.

Something ain't adding up, G.

You picked one person's advice out of many because it was what you wanted to hear rather than what you probably should've done. Think about that behavior. Irrational.

Now look where you are. Head still spinning over a girl that you haven't interacted with in about a year and supposedly didn't care to get back with. We warned ya, mate.
OP is looking for a way back in.. I don't buy this BS

He apologised.. End of story.. Why is his hamster spinning about what she meant by her response?

OP you need to be honest with yourself.. If you are wanting this chick back, then don't come on here under false pretenses!

Either open up some dialogue with her, test the water, see if you can get back in..

Or just accept you have apologised, and MOVE the fuk on!

My advice is... Mooooove On!

Once its over, and consideral time has passed, plus she has polished other C0cks in between.. The chances of things working out the second time around are VERY low.

Don't waste your time.. However I have a feeling, you will completely ignore our advice!!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I told you to dig deep to see if you were apologizing in order to get a reaction out of her. Obviously you care about here response, so there was an ulterior motive.

Move on. There's nothing else you can do.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I want to apologize to my ex. I'm going out with my friends tonight at this restaurant and it's making me think of her. I want to send it while I'm there which I don't think we'll be until almost midnight tonight-so the message will be sent around 12 AM.

To give a little background we broke up in October of 2017. We loved a lot and wanted to get married but things just weren't working out. In the spring of 2018 she wanted to reconcile and I was pretty cold and wishy washy I admit. Eventually I got angry and told her to move on. We haven't spoken since May 2018. I had pictures of us still up from a wedding where we were really happy and very lovey dovey in the pictures. I removed them from my social media. A few weeks ago she unfollowed me, my friends, and family. So now this brings me here.

As the first line says I'm with my friends at what used to be our spot and I want to text her. I want to ask her if she's been back to the restaurant at all lately. If she responds I'll send her my apology text stating how I've been feeling guilty about how I ended things, explain that I still had resent me, apologize for this being out of the blue, and then end the text saying I just want to apologize that's my only intention.

I'm not trying to get back together.

Should I send the text? If not, why not?
Why you did nothing wrong. You just have problems expressing how you feel verbally