Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I accept this job offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I live in a city outside of Dallas. I went to an interview 2 weeks ago for a city job and on this thursday they called me and they wanna offer me the job. The offer they made me is for 27.18 per hour but heres the thing, the website says the job pays between 27.18 and 41.13. I asked the human resources lady if they could offer me 29.18 per hour since I have 5 years of experience then she asked if i still wanna continue with the hiring process? Was that her way of telling me no? Do most cities just pay the base rate even if you have experience? Should I accept the 27.18 per hour or am i being low balled?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a city outside of Dallas. I went to an interview 2 weeks ago for a city job and on this thursday they called me and they wanna offer me the job. The offer they made me is for 27.18 per hour but heres the thing, the website says the job pays between 27.18 and 41.13. I asked the human resources lady if they could offer me 29.18 per hour since I have 5 years of experience then she asked if i still wanna continue with the hiring process? Was that her way of telling me no? Do most cities just pay the base rate even if you have experience? Should I accept the 27.18 per hour or am i being low balled?
Apply for the $41

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they can do whatever they want probably. they have to involve more ppl usually to get approval for the higher.
sometimes the gov type job is that they are with a starting salary and can be increased over time until the upper number. one of the reasons long time gov employees often stick around.

one way to think about it is to get the job wrapped up if you need it.. and then immediately look for better. the other way to think of it is that you will get what you negotiate.

there is a time and place for both paths.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take the job, otherwise they'll hire somebody else.

Become invaluable.

Then find another job to use as leverage for a higher pay rate.

HR doesn't give two craps about performance or company profits.

They just enjoy flexing their "take this job or not" muscles.

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this a union eligible job? If so they may have a contract to adhere to with hiring. Contract may up the pay after a specified time period.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I consider an offer, the first question for me is the salary in the same range as other companies are offering for the same role?

If I want and need the job I’ll accept the lower range.

If I don’t need the job but it is a good career step and I know the job will be an insane amount of work, eg 50+ hours a week, I straight out tell them at the beginning of the interview process I want the high range. No point in giving the company years of my life for a low salary.

Important point, studies show a man’s career peaks at 18 years of working in the same field. The more experience, the more demand for your services, the more you can pick your salary.

At 5 years out, you are not there yet.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't discuss salary with HR, you discuss it with your would-be boss and they tell HR what to do. HR is like a retarded 5-year old that literally doesn't know anything. Don't talk to them ever about anything.
Exactly!

Has anyone else ever noticed that most HR Managers and HR Assistants are women too? Adult women in their dating lives often act like retarded 5 years. It seems to me to make perfect sense that women are well suited for HR roles.

Reaction score
The job has a union that I can join after 6 months. The human resources lady told me that the job has a tier system so after 6 months I will make 3 dollars an hour more because of my experience. My main thing though is I dont wanna start at a base rate if they can offer me more. I forgot to mention that the manager called me a week ago and asked me if id be ok to start at 27.18 and i said yes because i didnt wanna lose the job. I figured I could negotiate for more money with human resources. I signed the contract for me to make 27.18 on thursday with human resources and for them to start the background check for me. Is it too late for me to call the manager on monday and ask for more money since I signed the contract already?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yes it’s too late, you say you have already signed on and accepted the beginning rate and terms.

Honor your word or completely exit the hiring process and stop wasting their time…
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.