Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I (20M) breakup with my gf (F20)?

Reaction score
We have been dating for a year and she wants to move in with me and spend the rest of our lives together. I don't know if I want to do this, this early in my life. Same woman for the rest of my life. And in let's say 3 years she's gonna expect me to propose. I have only been with 3 women in my life and this is my first real relationship. Should I just end it now and move on with platespinning till I'm 30 something and settle down with a girl 5 years younger than me?

TheProspect

Reaction score
Yes, break up with her.

Usually if someone has to ask the question, "Should I break up with him/her?", the answer in most cases is yes.

You are not ready to settle down. Don't string her along. You wouldn't want her to string you along if the shoe were on the other foot. Don't let your indecision prevent her from meeting someone who chooses to be with her. I'll assume she's a good girl.

Be direct & honest with her about your reason why you are breaking up with her, but be a gentleman about it, don't be callous. Keep the door open.

You are both really young. At 20 years old, you have your whole lives ahead of you. And who knows, you might realize the grass isn't greener and you two eventually get back together and have a more fulfilling relationship. Or you might enjoy spinning plates for a number years before you meet someone you are more interested in actually settling down with.

And if for whatever reason you don't break up with her, then at least definitely don't move in with her with these kind of thoughts on your mind...

Reaction score
Yes, break up with her.

Usually if someone has to ask the question, "Should I break up with him/her?", the answer in most cases is yes.

You are not ready to settle down. Don't string her along. You wouldn't want her to string you along if the shoe were on the other foot. Don't let your indecision prevent her from meeting someone who chooses to be with her. I'll assume she's a good girl.

Be direct & honest with her about your reason why you are breaking up with her, but be a gentleman about it, don't be callous. Keep the door open.

You are both really young. At 20 years old, you have your whole lives ahead of you. And who knows, you might realize the grass isn't greener and you two eventually get back together and have a more fulfilling relationship. Or you might enjoy spinning plates for a number years before you meet someone you are more interested in actually settling down with.

And if for whatever reason you don't break up with her, then at least definitely don't move in with her with these kind of thoughts on your mind...
Thank you for your response

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buddy your whole life is going to change in the next 5 years....If it doesn't then you haven't grown as an individual.

I suggest you have a good heart to heart with this girl you are dating. Don't DUMP her, but explain that you aren't ready for a marriage in the next few years. Truth is you might have found the key to your lock, but you will never know until you experience life over the next 10 years.

You don't go from spinning plates and ONS's to settling down overnight. You ping pong between feeling FOMO and feeling like life is empty and meaningless...

Truth is the Best ones are going to get married off between 21 and 28. Those are NOT the girls you meet in the club or the bars...They are marrying their college sweetheart or someone they have known their whole life or someone they grew up with, and will continue to grow together.

What I'm getting at is
In five years you know where your growth is going to occur. At 20 you don't.

You have to take the chance of losing a good one to find a better one. Just know the pool shrinks every year....

Piletzky

Reaction score
Just tell her you are not ready to live with her. You wrote almost nothing about your relationship so it is hard for me to give any advice, but from my experience I can tell you one thing - slow down. Breaking up with a good girl could be even worse than moving things too fast, there aren't many of them.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im the last person to give advice.

But...when I was 20. Same situation....she wanted marriage.

I said no ...she got butt hurt and moved on
I lived my life....still thought about her....but i look great now and she married a fat bald dude and she doesn't look happy at all.

You have the controls my man.
You will change your thoughts.
Learn something new...talk to new females.

If you're stuck with her, you will never meet that model by accident...you'll be home in bed by 9 pm every night.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Im with TheProspect on this one. If you have to ask...