Should a Don Juan avoid Marijuanna?

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only considerable side effect of marijuana that I can see, is that it kills your motivation. Don't deny it, don't skirt around it, if you smoke alot of pot it is a grinning skull staring you in the face.

Take me, for example. The last two weeks I've been cutting, I quit drinking pop and beer entirely, and I'm finally losing that tiny layer of fat on my stomach and thighs. I'm feeling fvcking great, cutting usually sucks but I have been getting off on the discipline and motivation. I haven't been toking either.

So last night I stop at ol boy's house, and I end up buying a fat one from him. I don't even buy a sack anymore, that's how little I toke. Came home and smoked it, and when I woke up this morning, I finally realized what the weed hangover is: YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING SH!T. It isn't a head-pounding, shoot me now booze hangover, it is complete ambivalence to the outside world. I'm done with this sh!t.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
starfishandcoffee said:
Sex is the LAST thing on my mind after I've toked. All I want to do is watch South Park with a pint of Ben and Jerry's, then go to sleep.
It affects different people differently. It can increase libido in some. High sex is amazing.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jet said:
Yeah, it is scary. But this was in a number of my nursing and medical text books.
I don't know if you're educated enough to know what it takes to get information into books like that and peer reviewed journals...but if you don't then I don't really care about convincing you.
Keep laughing.
Lol wow. Marijuana does lower testosterone levels. Yes, that is a fact. But does that mean a common side effect from marijuana use is man boobs? Absolutely not.

I dont know if you're educated enough to know this, but did you also know that alcohol, aging, obesity, and stress are also common causes of gynecomastia? That being said, the argument that marijuana causes man boobs cannot be made simply because of all the other factors going into the equation. Keep on reading your nursing books Greg Focker.

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
Lol wow. Marijuana does lower testosterone levels. Yes, that is a fact. But does that mean a common side effect from marijuana use is man boobs? Absolutely not.

I dont know if you're educated enough to know this, but did you also know that alcohol, aging, obesity, and stress are also common causes of gynecomastia? That being said, the argument that marijuana causes man boobs cannot be made simply because of all the other factors going into the equation. Keep on reading your nursing books Greg Focker.
Oh I will keep reading them. They have actual information based on...studies, tests, and real data.
No I've never seen gynecomastia attributed to any of those specifically, but I did see the marijuana references in no less than 3 of my books, which is why I remembered it. That and because I had never before heard that weed can cause that.
The argument can't be made? That's funny. Idiotic and funny. But hey, go take it up with the people who did the research. I don't give a **** either way. I simply reported what I learned so people could make the best decision for themselves. Where did you get your information, Google? Wikipedia? Keep being a major PoS to others just for trying to help. I'm sure you'll get real far in life that way.

Here's a link for you, since there's no point in citing my books to you.
http://www.cfp.ca/cgi/content/full/56/4/344??

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jet said:
Oh I will keep reading them. They have actual information based on...studies, tests, and real data.
No I've never seen gynecomastia attributed to any of those specifically, but I did see the marijuana references in no less than 3 of my books, which is why I remembered it. That and because I had never before heard that weed can cause that.
The argument can't be made? That's funny. Idiotic and funny. But hey, go take it up with the people who did the research. I don't give a **** either way. I simply reported what I learned so people could make the best decision for themselves. Where did you get your information, Google? Wikipedia? Keep being a major PoS to others just for trying to help. I'm sure you'll get real far in life that way.

Here's a link for you, since there's no point in citing my books to you.
http://www.cfp.ca/cgi/content/full/56/4/344??
Lol wow, this just proves how much of a fool you actually are. You cant even check the own sources you provide. Heres a quote from the link you gave me:

"Adolescents who use anabolic steroids, or who abuse alcohol, marijuana, heroin, or amphetamines, should be alerted to the fact that gynecomastia could develop.10"

I read that, and said, "okay, where did this guy get that information from? Oh look, the number 10 right there provides the source he got it from. Hmm lets see where that takes us":

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8094898?dopt=Abstract

Oh wow! Whadda ya know? Lets see. Well first off, the article I just posted above (the source that the author from your link provided) came out in 1993. Hmm what is that? Oh yea, 17 years ago. Oh wait! But theres something else! Lets copy and paste a quote from that article. "Ketoconazole and spironolactone can also produce gynecomastia, and data for marijuana are contradictory"

There ya go buddy :moon:

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, you're obviously a douchebag with your petty namecalling. You already have your mind made up. No I didn't research every little aspect of the link, I just posted the first thing I found on the journal database I use because I had a free moment at work.

You act as if you just found a big pot of gold. What do I think of "contradictory"? Well, the fact that it's a Schedule 1 illegal substance and is probably hard to do studies on may have something to do with it. Other than that I don't know. It's just one citation of many. It was interesting though, I did what you probably did just to see what would happen if I googled the subject and sure enough found plenty of places that said it was just a myth--none of them reputable journals though. (FYI, Wikipedia and Yahoo! Questions doesn't count "bro".) I'm sure I could find plenty of sites that claim the Holocaust is just a myth too. Cool story right?
Grow the **** up and use your brain, angry little child.

Reaction score
I can attest to the fact that I have not fawked well over 5+ women, for the simple fact that I used to be a pothead. Since then I have learned that marijuanna slowed me down too much, unless you're a rich kid riding daddy's trust fund, gettin high aint a turn on to women.....keep your mind sharp, and your wit sharper....

On a side note, marijuanna will never become decriminalized in our lifetime, too much money is being made with it being illegal, making it legal would just increase the supply...driving the price down..

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jet said:
Hey man, you're obviously a douchebag with your petty namecalling. You already have your mind made up. No I didn't research every little aspect of the link, I just posted the first thing I found on the journal database I use because I had a free moment at work.

You act as if you just found a big pot of gold. What do I think of "contradictory"? Well, the fact that it's a Schedule 1 illegal substance and is probably hard to do studies on may have something to do with it. Other than that I don't know. It's just one citation of many. It was interesting though, I did what you probably did just to see what would happen if I googled the subject and sure enough found plenty of places that said it was just a myth--none of them reputable journals though. (FYI, Wikipedia and Yahoo! Questions doesn't count "bro".) I'm sure I could find plenty of sites that claim the Holocaust is just a myth too. Cool story right?
Grow the **** up and use your brain, angry little child.
Lmaooo so im a douchebag just for totally proving you wrong? I think you're the one that needs to grow up. And just for the record, I actually got a bit of a kick out of calling you Greg Focker, so yeah, I guess I will stick to my "petty" namecalling haha.

And acting as if I found a pot of gold? Lol apparently you couldnt understand my clearly obvious sarcasm. And I didn't google anything my friend, all I did was just check out your source and completely prove you wrong. And wow, do you seriously believe it's hard to do studies on marijuana cuz its a schedule I drug? Wow. No offense man, but anyone with half a brain knows that theres been COUNTLESS studies done on marijuana, maybe not all of them in the US (where its a schedule I drug), but definitely many outside the US.

I think you're the last one to be talking about "reputable" journals. So what if theyre reputable; the information they provide doesnt prove anything (which I just showed in my previous post).

Last edited:

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
If you believe anything you read in your textbook about Marijuana, it's probably flat out bull****e.

"William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business."

^ That is why it was outlawed and villified as a gateway drug that made mexicans go ape**** and people kill.

And by the way, if you've never boned while high on some dank... you're missing out.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The studies about marijuana reducing testosterone levels are controversial at best. Because of the sill laws surrounding marijuana use, we don't have very many extensive studies about its adverse health effects. Certainly we don't have many well-controlled, large scale studies.

Even if it is true that marijuana reduces testosterone levels, and it could be true, you're not going to suddenly get b*tch tits because you smoke it occasionally. As has been pointed out, alcohol can also cause gynecomastia in addition to many other serious pathologies. But if you use alcohol in moderation, you have nothing to worry about.

It's probably not the best idea to be blazing up all the time. But so far, no one has been able to show conclusively that there are major adverse health effects from occasional use. Hell, if you use a vaporizer or if you eat it, you're not even inhaling smoke.