Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She's cool! She's perfect! She's 10 years older...

J_Scribbler

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to get you guys input on dating not just women who are a little older, but someone who's got at least a decade over you.

Up until now, I've never considered dating anyone older than myself. Recently, I've met this lady who looks like she's maybe 25 (I think she could be as old as 38), has a GREAT attitude toward life, handles herself perfectly, and has not turned away from me yet. In the few times that we've gone out (just to hang), we've have lots of fun, we're never at a loss for conversation (which is unusual for me)...we just seem to jive with each other, you know?

I'm just wondering if ou guys think it's a little weird, that's all...

TheCloser

Don Juan
Reaction score
For a relationship, I wouldn't suggest getting involved with a cougar, but for a little fun...why not?

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
10 years

Twice i did the 10-years-or-so-older thing. It worked great, however, it can't be long term.

Unfortunately the last one wanted long term, and i could not get out of my head "but when i am 40 she will be 50!"..

what makes it worse is that i look young for my age.

If you both understand its a temporary thing, enjoy.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummm GOOOOOOOOO 4 it ! :) all i can say, she's probably got experience, she's most likely more wise and mature, I say go for it and don't look back you'll walk away having learned something in any case.

Good luck.

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice sh*t. Why don't you write a novel on your new love story while you're at it... ;)
The word "perfect" in the title of your post caught my eye, I just had to read what was behind it.
My advice: older women play by the same "rules" as the younger ones, except they're much less princesslike than the latter ones. Keep that in mind, breathe, and have fun.
Ah yes too, read the Bible if you haven't done so already.
Peace.

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Go for short term because it wont last very long.
When I was 18 I had a relationship with a 28 yr old 9.5 in the summer she wanted longer but she was just to old but older women are better in bed I think personally they have more experience.

The Business Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I am working on a girl who is probably close to a decade older then me right now. So no, I don't think it's wierd. If you are having fun, go for it and don't stop until you are no longer having a good time.

If you can deal with the fact that she will be "old" earlier than you, a LTR is not out of the question. The older you get the less difference a 'decade' makes anyway.

Again, with all women, you should quit when the fun stops.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My current (MTR?) gf is 9 yrs older (I'm 25). Seems to work ok, but I'm playing it real cool, don't want to give her the wrong idea cos I don't know how long it will work.

Osc.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 16 I screwed my dad's best friend's fiancé, she was 28. No I'm not proud but I was too young to know any better :) She initiated it anyhow.

DJ Jeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a relationship with a 38 year old, i'm 20, and it just ended. I learned ALOT though, and thats what its all about.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugghh... That's just not right.

When you're in your 30's and should be attracting hot women in their late 20's you'll be stuck with some aging 50-something.

And as for just STR's and ONS's, I still think it's really weird. Almost like an Oedipus complex or something.

BGMan

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan
Ugghh... That's just not right.

When you're in your 30's and should be attracting hot women in their late 20's you'll be stuck with some aging 50-something.

And as for just STR's and ONS's, I still think it's really weird. Almost like an Oedipus complex or something.

BGMan
lol

Well I won't go into what *you* find normal, BGMan ;)

Older women, esp in their early-30s, are in their prime condition, usually quite experienced, and don't play as many games. They're not necessarily mother-substitutes like Mr Freud here would like to suggest :)

Osc.

Halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been out with a few women ranging from 6-13 years older than me (I'm in my mid 20s). I find I connect better with these women, maybe it is because I find the banality of most 20-something girls totally nauseating. At any rate they're so far much more direct about what they want, and in most cases -they- are the eager ones doing all the emailing and calling. I recommend them. You don't have to go into it like it's a prelude to marriage for God's sake. Enjoy it. They usually want no more out of it than you do.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Jeff
I had a relationship with a 38 year old, i'm 20, and it just ended. I learned ALOT though, and thats what its all about.
Are you a cabana boy?