"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

She wants to know more about me before we meet

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Got a date with a woman via an internet dating site.

We arranged it last Sunday for this Sunday (today). She send a text message at 9pm last night to say she couldn't make it because the trains aren't running, and she suggested arranging another time.

I've just logged on to the dating site, and found a message from her dated Friday -

Anything else you can tell me about you before Sunday? It's just that I don't know much about you..........
see you soon


I've checked on the trains, and it looks as though there is genuine problem with trains in her area.

But I'm not sure how to deal with her request for more information about me.

Any ideas?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
"Im actually a 57 year old child molester who enjoys moonlit walks on the beach"

LOL dude tell her she will learn much about you soon enough. Dont spill the beans.
 

Dubs

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
yes, ask her what she WANTS to know.

something like this recently came up for me...

i listed my hobbies, what i enjoy doing, a brief explaination of what i have been doing with my life.

nothing deep, no opionions straight facts, but then turn it on her.

maybe its just me but most women don't seem to have that much going on...

Girl-"i like hanging with friends, shopping, gossip, yea i love TV, "

me-"well my hobbies include working out, reading, studying, running, learning to dance,etc, etc, etc,"

girl "yea i really should start reading..."
 

Sting

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2001
Messages
652
Reaction score
9
Why tell her anything more than is on your profile? The more you tell her, the less mystery there is, and the more opportunity she has to pre-judge you before you even get a chance to meet her.

Remember, you're not the one who has to "qualify" -- she does. So in response to her question, simply tell her that you're not a sick freak, but that she'll have to wait until she meets you to find out more.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Originally posted by Dubs
yes, ask her what she WANTS to know.

something like this recently came up for me...

i listed my hobbies, what i enjoy doing, a brief explaination of what i have been doing with my life.

nothing deep, no opionions straight facts, but then turn it on her...

...me-"well my hobbies include working out, reading, studying, running, learning to dance,etc, etc, etc,"

girl "yea i really should start reading..."
Hi Dubs,

I've used that approach in an email to her, and she has replied telling me the reason she asked was because she was concerned about her security (never having met me). I guess I can understand that because we hadn't really had much communication before we agreed to meet.

I'll exchange a few emails with her without divulging too much information. I'm aware of the danger of giving too much away - it will take away some of the attraction of meeting. If a date doesn't result after that, I think I'll move on.
 

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
763
Reaction score
26
Age
50
She wants a picture.

You have two choices:

1) Send her a pic and hope she likes it, or ....

2) Delete her bio altogether and focus more on meeting women in real world, using the internet only as a small supplment.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
IF you are going to go the extremely weak route of meeting women online, you are going to have to accept that women WILL flake on you and suspect you of being another Inter-perv. They get hit on by them ALL the time. If a girl is gung-ho about meeting someone she met off some personal site or random call on the Internet, then she is desperate or something is wrong with her.

If you haven't sent her a pic, then do so. She doesn't want an ugly guy any more than you want an ugly girl. Shallow? Yes, of COURSE it is, but that's a truth that not even the INternet can get around.
 

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario, Canada
I hope you've seen a pic of her o_0

Generally, you dont see many hot girls on dating sites... sometimes you do, but more often you see fat ass 300lb monsters or ugly-ass-face *****es with saggy tits....

If I were u dude, i'd hit the local club or something :D
 

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Originally posted by Survivor
She wants a picture.

You have two choices:

1) Send her a pic and hope she likes it, or ....

2) Delete her bio altogether and focus more on meeting women in real world, using the internet only as a small supplment.
No. We both have photos on our public profiles.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Originally posted by squirrels
IF you are going to go the extremely weak route of meeting women online, you are going to have to accept that women WILL flake on you and suspect you of being another Inter-perv. They get hit on by them ALL the time. If a girl is gung-ho about meeting someone she met off some personal site or random call on the Internet, then she is desperate or something is wrong with her.
Thanks squirrels. That's a big vote of confidence to everyone using online dating sites :rolleyes:
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Just tell her that she will have a chance to learn more about you when you meet, until then she will just have to use her imagination. When you meet, you could have her tell you what she imagined. That should be something a bit different that what she would normally talk about.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
" If a girl is gung-ho about meeting someone she met off some personal site or random call on the Internet, then she is desperate or something is wrong with her."

I really can't disagree more. I've met quite a few girls from the internet. One that lasted over a year and it was an amazing relationship in so many aspects. She was a great girl and I'm still sorry that I fvcked that one up. I'm talk to another one right now and things are going GREAT. I admit that there are a lot of screw-ups on there so do your homework but don't count out online dating.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by squirrels
IF you are going to go the extremely weak route of meeting women online, you are going to have to accept that women WILL flake on you and suspect you of being another Inter-perv. They get hit on by them ALL the time. If a girl is gung-ho about meeting someone she met off some personal site or random call on the Internet, then she is desperate or something is wrong with her.

If you haven't sent her a pic, then do so. She doesn't want an ugly guy any more than you want an ugly girl. Shallow? Yes, of COURSE it is, but that's a truth that not even the INternet can get around.
I agree that online dating is a weak route if you aren't a DJ. Many AFCs have been burned because they did not know how to qualify women. Most times they'd trade emails for weeks at a time in hopes of getting her number just to get blown off because the woman gets bored with them. Then they get the attitude that it is in a woman's nature to flake out on them thus feeling that meeting people from online is a scam.

Successful DJs qualify women. They judge a woman's interest on her actions and not what she types. Also, they understand that putting all of their eggs into one basket isn't the most effective way to use the medium. They know that they have enough on the ball to merit several women vying for his attention so he manages meeting several women after they pass his qualifications.

In a nutshell, there are people online of both sexes that are confident in their abilities and the type of person that they are looking for. If they see those things in a person, why shouldn't they meet? Why waste time if there is a possibility of this being the right person? Better yet, why waste time just to find out it isn't the right person?

So yes, I agree that if the person has no idea what they are doing online, they will get burned over and over. By the way, what has been your experience online?
 

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Julian
"Im actually a 57 year old child molester who enjoys moonlit walks on the beach"

LOL dude tell her she will learn much about you soon enough. Dont spill the beans.
That's total domination man :D But that's definately the way to go, nothing better to do then that. But only do that if you are the kind of person that jokes around like that imo, or you'll just mess up :) Also a good thing to do, but you can't do that too often to the same chiq or she'll just start hating you is go something like : '(...) yeah, you'll figure it out, I have to go now, they're waiting, c u saturday *click*' They won't know what the hell just happened .. you just hang up on them after that question :D That saturday or whatever day, first thing they ask is 'What happened ?!' :D
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Oh btw, don't bring up child molesting .. :eek:

[EDIT] Oh I'm sorry I didn't notice it was about ONLINE dating, sorry. Don't know what you do there, tell her you aren't a desperate ***** like the others or something, dunno.
 

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I agree that online dating is a weak route if you aren't a DJ. Many AFCs have been burned because they did not know how to qualify women. Most times they'd trade emails for weeks at a time in hopes of getting her number just to get blown off because the woman gets bored with them. Then they get the attitude that it is in a woman's nature to flake out on them thus feeling that meeting people from online is a scam.

Successful DJs qualify women. They judge a woman's interest on her actions and not what she types. Also, they understand that putting all of their eggs into one basket isn't the most effective way to use the medium. They know that they have enough on the ball to merit several women vying for his attention so he manages meeting several women after they pass his qualifications.

In a nutshell, there are people online of both sexes that are confident in their abilities and the type of person that they are looking for. If they see those things in a person, why shouldn't they meet? Why waste time if there is a possibility of this being the right person? Better yet, why waste time just to find out it isn't the right person?

So yes, I agree that if the person has no idea what they are doing online, they will get burned over and over. By the way, what has been your experience online?
Hi Francisco. I'm finding it a great place to try things out, and I have met women (and will meet more). I don't find it possible to give no information before a date, but I am aware of my goal - to date women, not to get stuck in no-mans land on the internet. I think the main benefit I have had recently is the opportunity to try different approaches and tactics out in a low-risk environment.

In the case of the woman who prompted this thread, I got her phone number and arranged a date over the phone, only to to have her come back and ask me to tell her some more about me. That suggests to me that I may not have spent enough time or attention on her before getting the date, so she didn't really feel committed to it. Time will tell whether I'll actually meet her. I'll try and let you all know.
 
Top