She said "Ill be your wingman"

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So grabbed this girl's number at the bar a few weeks ago. She's a solid 8 in my books - my buddies think she is a 10, but they're idiots. Fast forward a couple weeks, we've hung out twice; went for drinks once, then to a comedy show the 2nd date.

Day after date #2 she is going out on the town with her friends, and asks if I want to come. I tell her I have plans with my friends, but I'll see about us meeting up with them later in the evening.

She texts me multiple times through the night, asking if I'm still going to meet her...then she drops this bomb on me:

Note: We had both been drinking heavily at this point.

Her: "Please come, I promise I'll be nice tonight!" (Sounds good right? No.)
Me: "Hahah, we're just having some drinks at xx, but might make our way there in a bit."

Her: "Great! :) I'll be your wingman."
Me: "No thanks."

Her: "I meant wing woman, I'm not a man lol."
Me: "Ya sorry, I'm definitely not looking for a wingwoman haha."

Her: "Well it's your lucky day! I'm a girl! Come! There's only an hour left.."

After this I do not respond, and ignore her - I am completely hammered at this point, and not impressed whatsoever with the suggestion at her being my "wingwoman." My group had already planned to head to the club she was at, so we continued there. Ran into her at the bar there and played it pretty cool - I couldn't care less about her at this point. She is EXTREMELY friendly to me, and we end up having a few drinks together. Apparently she was kind of rude to one of my good friends, so I decided I was done with her. I left with my friends.

Now, I have already written this girl off for the most part, but trying to figure out if I should just fvck her anyways then forget about her. She's texted me a lot since that night (Friday last week), and I've been pretty distant to her...often taking hours to respond, or completely ignoring her texts all together. This morning I wake up to a facebook message from her saying:

"Badnews! I accidentally deleted all my contacts :( Text me if you wanna hang out sometime...if not I understand xoxo"

At this point I've texted her poking fun at her a bit (she's terrible with technology) and said I'm pretty busy this week, but maybe in the next week or two we can hang out. She said great.

I'm still pretty thrown off by her suggestion of being a "wingwoman" and definitely have no interest in having further contact with her unless it is going to be sexual. Apparently she said she'd be my wingwoman because at some point I had (read: jokingly) told her I was a heart breaker...I'm going to have to call BS on this.

What is my best play here? I've already made it pretty clear (I think) that I'm not looking for a "wingwoman" or a friend. My gut tells me she definitely wants the D, but she puts high value on herself, and I want to make sure I play this perfectly to get the f-close next time I see her (if I see her.)

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I think you got hung up too much on the literal meaning of her words. The subtext is that she wanted you to come to the club where she was. And that's definitely plenty of interest.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drunk texting wins again...?

I am actually stunned that this didn't occur to me - especially considering I'm extremely sarcastic sometimes. It really didn't feel like flirting for some reason...which I can't explain now. Truth be told, a couple of the girls we were hanging out with when I got the text may have influenced my reaction to it...possible other options (to fck) getting their noses dirty?

Oh well, she's been blowing up my phone for the better part of a week after this, so no harm no foul? I guess I'll see her again next week and put the guns on to get her in bed.

Thanks gentlemen!

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I agree with your perception of "wingwoman". Dafuq is that? Moral support to pick up chicks where she's at? Go out with her one more time and try to escalate to gauge her intent. I understood it as if she's trying to be your buddy (FZ) just as you did. Good luck.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude. There is a basic law you are completely missing:

Don't listen to a woman's WORDS. Listen to her ACTIONS.

Stop getting hung up on a single word.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mentioning once to be wingman would be a bit weird, but as others said, its her persistance that you should go see her is the real message.
She made an excuse for you to go, so her fragile ego wouldnt get hurt if you turned her down - ie the same as if you ask a girl to 'chill sometime' instead of just asking her out.

There's your ioi- now go get her. :up:

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was trying to be friendly and flirty and assumed you didn't have much interest in her. She was throwing out a word which she's heard before but isn't entirely sure what it means. When you said "no thanks" you were thinking of the whole "wingman" concept but she thought you were responding to the "man" part. LOL cute misunderstanding.

Ironically, your reaction to her was perfect, even though it was based on a misunderstanding. It made her even more interested in you.

dangdang

Don Juan
Reaction score
She didn't wanna seem over eager (I.e. basically beg u to come without knocking it down a notch)

The last time a chick said she'd be my wing woman, she wanted to **** me.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must work for the government...

Here's a solid 8 as you say, throwing herself at you, and you're getting caught up in semantics.

Is there something seriously wrong with her that you don't like?
Girls constantly initiating conversation = Huge IOI

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, she didn't lose her contacts. That's just a BS thing to have you contact her. If she has you on Facebook then I think you can see phone numbers on there too, unless you hid them.

Point is that she's still interested.

johnnynh

Don Juan
Reaction score
She was tryng to flirt, it seems that you didnt understand it.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thread. It reminds me that I am often too literal with women and often assign a male understanding to what they say. I think that I would have thought the same thing as the OP at first, but I actually agree with Zarky on this one.