She gets treated bad but won't leave

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I female friend of mine is in a bad relationship where she is being treated pretty bad but won't leave him. Whats the best thing to do in such case? Should I simply ignore her complaints and stay out of it or should I step in?

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite a few women are masochists. They like being mistreated.

I don't understand this mentally, and I wouldn't go so far as to actually abuse women to play off of this, but know that some are simply victims of themselves and go for more stable women.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop stop.

What do you mean by treated badly? Do you mean he doesn't return her calls and cancels dates on her? Do you mean that he isn't the sensitive guy that she always wishes he was?

If so, then stay out of it. She's just attracted to a masculine man. Unless your motive is to steal her for whatever reason, then quit worrying about it.

Now if he abuses her or threatens her, then that's just cause to tell her that he doesn't deserve her or whatever crap you want to say or get her to tell the cops. But I'm sure you'd say that instead of "treated pretty bad" or in a "bad relationship."

If she doesn't want to leave him, then that's her business. She's attracted to him, otherwise she wouldn't stay with him. You wouldn't stay with any woman you weren't attracted to, so don't think too much of it.

Reflex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus
I female friend of mine is in a bad relationship where she is being treated pretty bad but won't leave him. Whats the best thing to do in such case? Should I simply ignore her complaints and stay out of it or should I step in?
You stated yourself that you're her emotional tampon. Now leave her for good.

ddubdubw

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was in the same situation about a month ago. She told me she was tired of him and how he never takes her out or anything. She said she was interested in me but did not want to hurt him. well she broke up with him to date me but 2 days later got back with him.

so i would probably just leave her be.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DON'T PLAY CAPTAIN SAVE-A-HO!!

It is not your business. What are you trying to be, a white knight?

Set back, shake it off, stop being the loser chump male "friend" we all despise

Hate to say it but sounds like her BF is the DJ and you are the AFC friend. Time to get out of this relationship!

Dietzcoi

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. I'll let her be and if she comes around, I'll brush her off.

finesse

Don Juan
Reaction score
:confused: If its physical abuse then stay from her until she leave him and comes to you or watever.....
Maybe you think you need to support her in order to leave him

i was thinking maybe this abuse she maybe getin is a form a self-harm...... RED FLAG no different in her cuting her wrist and her man kicking her like a football......... she doing it to herself
No reason for not to leave him (never been alone, no money, No family)
but fuk it like every other don juan knowss too many girls out there to sweat over 1:eek:

DON'T PLAY CAPTAIN SAVE-A-HO!!
lol

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus
I female friend of mine is in a bad relationship where she is being treated pretty bad but won't leave him.
Of course she's not going to leave him, she loves the DRAMA. Women love drama bro. Why do they like Drama? As David D. put it.." It gets attention, it sends emotions through the body (emotions are highly addictive chemicals), it's a way to be self righteous, it's often fun, it's interesting and prevents boredom".

Keep as far away from the situation as you can. I'm not saying stop being her friend or stop talking to her, but as soon as she brings up her 'situation', change the subject or hang up, lol.

Befuddled

Don Juan
Reaction score
People get EXACTLY what they deserve. it's not your place to persuade them to do otherwise. If what she is doing now, makes her 'happy' she will continue doing it no matter what you say to her, where its with her current bf or other guys she meets after him. Give her your opinion(which you are entitled to) and leave...... in the end, you and everyone else will get what they deserve, if you have the determination to get it.
If she lacks self-respect, and something tells me, youve noticed it...she dosent desever better than the guy shes with.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About a year ago I met a girl that was in a similar situation. She chose to stay with him. I have backed off of her completely for the whole time, and just watched her ship sinking.

This was a very cute girl - but very messed up. I hadn't seen her in awhile and was amazed at how a cute chick could look so aged and worn in so short a time. She looks like absolute hell. Maybe it's the drugs, the stress he puts her under - but I always remember one thing - it was her with the problem, her who couldn't let this son of a beech go - and it's her that's paying the price in her life. She could've gone with me - the interest was there - and she would've been better off - she knows it, her friends know it - and every now and then I catch her looking at me and I can read her like a book - I can see it in her eyes - wondering what could've been. Her loss, completely. Not mine, because frankly, the chick is so unstable she would've driven me mad. I look at her now, and my interest-level in her is pratically zero on the romantic scale - what a complete turn-off she is to me now.

I've learned alot - especially not to get hung up on a girl because when you take a step back - you can see very clearly. It was for the best that I never had anything to do with the freak.

As Befuddled so poignantly pointed out - people get EXACTLY what they deserve.