Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She did a half-as*ed invite to her reunion

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My g/f (of 5 mos. exclusive) has a 10 year HS reunionn coming up. She is typically crazy to have me go to meet her friends, her parents, relatives, etc. This girl will absolutely brow-beat me into coming out with her for things (everything from coffee to shopping, etc.) and usually I let her ask me several times on bigger things just to avoid looking too available.

She did a very oblique invitation to me ("if you want to come for laughs"). I chuckled in response because I don't think it was a real invite.

I am interested in going. I know she may have some reasons why she wouldn't want to have me there (she used to be a geek, or had a bad rep., she was engaged to a guy that she broke up with, that kind of thing).

If I had a reunion and she didn't get invited, she'd be mad.

Some posters might respond that she plans to get wild and hook up, etc., all of which may be true (doubt it seriously but only I know that for sure).

Am I wrong to be curious why no invite?

I don't believe there is a way to address it without creating an issue (ie, she would probably issue a pity invite). Am I wrong?

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she doesn't want you to find out about the 6 football players who ran a train on her after the homecoming game.

She did invite you, so don't question how she did it - just go.

CB

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't let it bother you. Let her go to the reunion. Keep what's in her past, in the past. You're right there are probably things that she regrets, or things that she doesn't want you to know about her. Who knows? But it's not worth making an issue over. Handle this situation with maturity and tell her to have a good time. And sincerely WANT her to have a good time. When she gets back from reliving her past for one night, things will pick up where they left off.

Reaction score
stop worrying about it so much man. Its up to you if you wanna go ultimately though.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chewy -- good point, I just think I know when she really means something

blitz -- I agree. I don't want to go very much, but it is at odds with her usual no secrets policy.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go ahead and go with her.

Your right, she probably has things in her past - perhaps she was a geek, or had no friends, or perhaps people made fun of her. Perhaps guys she wants to foget...

Who knows.

She invited you though so I'd go.

Reaction score
dude - you should go just for the fact that she dont want u to go!

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't a real invite, it was a solicitation of interest.

She has an ex-fiance who might be in attendence. I really don't care and that might be funny; who knows..

Thing is, she kept mentioning over and over how unhappy she was to go alone (I told her to take her last boyfriend, I told that she could probably dig someone up, etc.). Eventually, it got irritating (it is moderately rude to keep mentioning an event to someone that hasn't been invited to it...) so I said I would have gone with her if she had invited me.

This led to a very long explanation that she wanted to ask several times, that she was afraid I would think that was moving things along too fast, that she was concerned that if something unfortunate happened at the reunion I would think poorly of her (the break up with the fiance did not go well but that was 6 years ago -- she's a little conceited to think he still gives a sh*t, especially now that he's married).

Weird

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did he break up with her or vice versa?

Makes a big difference.

She may want to see what he is up to, etc. Maybe she never let go. I don't see this event as having a real happy ending either way. I would avoid it.

Too much drama, but what can you do, all women engage in it.

Dietzcoi

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I vote DON"T GO. She wants her reunion to catch up with old friends and hang out. She doesn't want to have to babysit you through all these conversations and such. My HS reunions had very few people bring SO's, theres a reason, your there to talk about the past, not to peacock with your SO's.

This is a chance to give her some space...I recommend you do it and not act all jealous and insecure...Be a man...

Reaction score
actually dank is right - i would not invite my girl because I would have to introduce her to people whose names i've forgot!!

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She broke up with him. There is reason to think that there might be tension.

I was trying to figure out if she was testing me, which she sometimes still does: she was trying to get me to express interest or willingness to go.

I decided that I could be supportive enough to her to say I would have gone if she had asked me. She had been moaning about having no one to go with her and my little busts weren't helping to quiet her down.