Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She called me 'bro'..

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas.

Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up". She responds "where at bro".

My friend says to just not respond. This girl lives two hours away and this message isn't showing interest.

Thoughts? ROI seems low. Got other girls to hit up

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up".
(1) You asked “When are you free this weekend?”

- Why didn’t you give her a chance to respond?

(2) Then you said “there are some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up.”

- Who said she liked street festivals?
- What is “near” her mean - 5 min or 45 min away?
- What does “hit them up” mean? Shoot everybody at the festival?

She responds "where at bro".
I would reply: ‘What difference does it make? Shouldn’t you just be happy you will be with me?”

The “bro” part should be the least of your concerns. Forest for the trees.

Jager

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's a tomboy, might just be how she talks. She might punch you in the arm as foreplay, too.

2 hours away, though? Have you even met her? You make an investment like that in someone you don't know, and it tends to warp your expectations.
And he’s putting in mental investment she might not even deserve. I’ve seen this sort of thing happen, especially with the friend zoned guys that just keep trying to get her. The more investment he puts in, the more he’s going to dig his own grave, the needier and more attached he’s going to get. Personally, I don’t drive long distance. Either she comes to me or I met her locally and we’re headed to her place or my place and it’s about to get hot. Investment is a stupid decision, given the nature of women. She has to earn it.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(1) You asked “When are you free this weekend?”

- Why didn’t you give her a chance to respond?

(2) Then you said “there are some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up.”

- Who said she liked street festivals?
- What is “near” her mean - 5 min or 45 min away?
- What does “hit them up” mean? Shoot everybody at the festival?

I would reply: ‘What difference does it make? Shouldn’t you just be happy you will be with me?”

The “bro” part should be the least of your concerns. Forest for the trees.
Gee I thought I was overanalyzing words.

How specific does it need to be? If she's interested she's interested.

I did wait for her to respond. I sent that message. She sent the next message.

I'm sure she understands what my slang meant. It's fine.

I just responded with the location and called her sis. Funny af. If she responds she responds. Just set up another date for Saturday anyways. She's in my area.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And he’s putting in mental investment she might not even deserve. I’ve seen this sort of thing happen, especially with the friend zoned guys that just keep trying to get her. The more investment he puts in, the more he’s going to dig his own grave, the needier and more attached he’s going to get. Personally, I don’t drive long distance. Either she comes to me or I met her locally and we’re headed to her place or my place and it’s about to get hot. Investment is a stupid decision, given the nature of women. She has to earn it.
Yeah I met her locally. Chatted for 20 mins last weekend.

And you guys are right I should avoid this mental investment. I'm not going to drive to her. Already nexted

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Gee I thought I was overanalyzing words.

How specific does it need to be? If she's interested she's interested.

I did wait for her to respond. I sent that message. She sent the next message.
You: ‘Hey Julie, are you free this weekend?”
Julie “Well...”
You: ‘There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up".

From your OP, you didn’t wait if she said “yes” or “no” to being free.

I'm sure she understands what my slang meant. It's fine.
It doesn’t matter if she understood what you meant. ‘Hit them up” could get you in trouble. I read that from her phone, I call the police on you.

I know you are young and it may be difficult to register, but you have to be careful what you say.

I just responded with the location and called her sis. Funny af.
Again I would have said “what difference does it make? Shouldn’t you be happy just to be with me?” You shouldn’t be trying to make a girl laugh, you should be trying to connect with her.

If she’s says “where at?” She cares more about the event than you. She is looking to meet a 6’1 hockey player to sleep with, rather than be with you.

Suppose a girl who likes you says:

Girl: ‘Growing Pains, I have two tickets to the football game. Would you like to go with me?”
Growing Pains: ‘Who’s playing?”

How do you think the girl would feel?

If she responds she responds. Just set up another date for Saturday anyways. She's in my area.
Go for it.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I’d reply like that if I wanted her to never text me back and have a good laugh with her friends over what an egotistical d1ckhead I was :)

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hasn’t she just asked you where you’re going?

- want to go out this weekend? I know this place?

- cool, where’s that?

- I can see you’re not interested.

- ???

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think that a girl who used the term "bro" like that probably has a lot of male friends. Which she probably does, if she grew up doing MMA.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro...you’re way overthinking this. just be normal lol.

Your texts were fine. Hers was still an investment. She could be trying to be funny (girls, in general, suck at humor) or she could be sh1t testing you to see if you’re confident enough to keep frame (you aren’t lol). But at this point it’s a POSITIVE response. She’s investing and helping you set up logistics.

What you should’ve done is just tell her where it’s at. Tease her. And tell her when to meet you.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Your texts were fine. Hers was still an investment. She could be trying to be funny (girls, in general, suck at humor) or she could be sh1t testing you to see if you’re confident enough to keep frame (you aren’t lol). But at this point it’s a POSITIVE response. She’s investing and helping you set up logistics.

What you should’ve done is just tell her where it’s at. Tease her. And tell her when to meet you.
Imo I did this. My response was basically "(insert city) sis". Which maybe isn't the best response, but it made me laugh.

I basically just wanted to know if her saying bro was a bad thing. Guess it doesn't really matter.

Yes, I realize I'm not confident enough to handle what she gave me if it was a sh!t test. If I was, I wouldn't have posted here. But confidence comes with experience so I'll just keep on keeping on. Not worried about this chick anymore. Like I said, date on Saturday with another girl.

Honestly I was buggin' thinking of traveling that far to see her. She was just SO sexy. Another reminder that I need to up my game and be pulling better girls. Going out with the guys on Friday. I'm sure there will be plenty of well-sculpted women for me to shoot my shot with (don't call the cops, Trump!).

I tend to just post here if I feel like I'm overthinking. So that I can stop spinning my wheels and get some external perspective.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Fellas.

Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up". She responds "where at bro".

My friend says to just not respond. This girl lives two hours away and this message isn't showing interest.

When you get the "bro" status from a girl then it means she's sending off a clear message that she values you as a friend only.

Nothing more.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas.

So open ended, no set plan, willing to work around her schedule instead of the other way around. Also asking out through text is lame unless you're going steady.

Talk in statements.

'im going to this art festival at blah Saturday afternoon, you should come.'

She asked where so she has some interest, but you've already fumbled it imo. Tell her where and when you're going then drop the subject. If she wants to tag along she'll make it known.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So open ended, no set plan, willing to work around her schedule instead of the other way around. Also asking out through text is lame unless you're going steady.

Talk in statements.

'im going to this art festival at blah Saturday afternoon, you should come.'

She asked where so she has some interest, but you've already fumbled it imo. Tell her where and when you're going then drop the subject. If she wants to tag along she'll make it known.
Facts. This is how I usually operate.

I believe in this case I was a bit excited because of how attractive she was and also wasn't trying to say 'Im going to this place' because it'd seem a bit weird since it's 2.5 hours away lmao.

But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I should've just played it cool as I usually would and treated this situation like every other one. I was getting too invested.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facts. This is how I usually operate.

I believe in this case I was a bit excited because of how attractive she was and also wasn't trying to say 'Im going to this place' because it'd seem a bit weird since it's 2.5 hours away lmao.

But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I should've just played it cool as I usually would and treated this situation like every other one. I was getting too invested.
Hey maybe you really like the festival or you're meeting up with other people you enjoy and so the drives worth it, she has no clue.

You need to spend more time around attractive girls until you realize they're just as boring or exciting as the ugly ones. many times they're more boring since they rely on their looks so much and thus have little else going on. Since they have little else going on their self esteem is extra low and they do weird manipulative things with men in order to feel better rather than do the hard work of finding themselves.

Just because a woman is hot doesn't mean you're compatible. Her looks shouldn't exempt her from meeting all the other standards you set for yourself and your partners. She needs to qualify, just like every other woman you find attractive.

You're probably coming off too much like a friend. If your charm doesn't excite her then move on. No use in trying to force things.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey maybe you really like the festival or you're meeting up with other people you enjoy and so the drives worth it, she has no clue.

You need to spend more time around attractive girls until you realize they're just as boring or exciting as the ugly ones. many times they're more boring since they rely on their looks so much and thus have little else going on. Since they have little else going on their self esteem is extra low and they do weird manipulative things with men in order to feel better rather than do the hard work of finding themselves.

Just because a woman is hot doesn't mean you're compatible. Her looks shouldn't exempt her from meeting all the other standards you set for yourself and your partners. She needs to qualify, just like every other woman you find attractive.

You're probably coming off too much like a friend. If your charm doesn't excite her then move on. No use in trying to force things.
Amen.

Wonderful message you gave today, Pastor.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This. I almost always lead with "I'm headed to X at Y time if you want to join me." Then plan on going and having a good time with or without her. Or don't. If she follows up day of - they do this - you can always say "My plans changed, you shoulda said something yesterday."

The "bro" thing is nothing, meaningless. Until she rejects you, it's all just her female silliness trying to qualify herself to you. If she keeps calling you that, tease her on it. Call her "sis." I've turned far worse than "bro" into a lay.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
experience says "bro", "guy", "dude" coming from someone you are interested in...
she already FZ'd you

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think that a girl who used the term "bro" like that probably has a lot of male friends. Which she probably does, if she grew up doing MMA.
Be careful with women that have a lot of guy friends, you could very well end up being one of them. When I hear any woman mention she has a lot of guy friends I think “yep she friend zoned a lot of guys, no thank you”.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
experience says "bro", "guy", "dude" coming from someone you are interested in...
she already FZ'd you
This. I can’t think of a single girlfriend I’ve ever had that called me “dude”, “bro”, “buddy”, or anything of the sort.