"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

She called me 'bro'..

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Fellas.

Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up". She responds "where at bro".

My friend says to just not respond. This girl lives two hours away and this message isn't showing interest.

Thoughts? ROI seems low. Got other girls to hit up
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up".
(1) You asked “When are you free this weekend?”

- Why didn’t you give her a chance to respond?

(2) Then you said “there are some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up.”

- Who said she liked street festivals?
- What is “near” her mean - 5 min or 45 min away?
- What does “hit them up” mean? Shoot everybody at the festival?

She responds "where at bro".
I would reply: ‘What difference does it make? Shouldn’t you just be happy you will be with me?”


The “bro” part should be the least of your concerns. Forest for the trees.
 

Jager

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 12, 2019
Messages
238
Reaction score
278
Age
35
If she's a tomboy, might just be how she talks. She might punch you in the arm as foreplay, too.

2 hours away, though? Have you even met her? You make an investment like that in someone you don't know, and it tends to warp your expectations.
And he’s putting in mental investment she might not even deserve. I’ve seen this sort of thing happen, especially with the friend zoned guys that just keep trying to get her. The more investment he puts in, the more he’s going to dig his own grave, the needier and more attached he’s going to get. Personally, I don’t drive long distance. Either she comes to me or I met her locally and we’re headed to her place or my place and it’s about to get hot. Investment is a stupid decision, given the nature of women. She has to earn it.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
(1) You asked “When are you free this weekend?”

- Why didn’t you give her a chance to respond?

(2) Then you said “there are some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up.”

- Who said she liked street festivals?
- What is “near” her mean - 5 min or 45 min away?
- What does “hit them up” mean? Shoot everybody at the festival?



I would reply: ‘What difference does it make? Shouldn’t you just be happy you will be with me?”


The “bro” part should be the least of your concerns. Forest for the trees.
Gee I thought I was overanalyzing words.

How specific does it need to be? If she's interested she's interested.

I did wait for her to respond. I sent that message. She sent the next message.

I'm sure she understands what my slang meant. It's fine.

I just responded with the location and called her sis. Funny af. If she responds she responds. Just set up another date for Saturday anyways. She's in my area.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
And he’s putting in mental investment she might not even deserve. I’ve seen this sort of thing happen, especially with the friend zoned guys that just keep trying to get her. The more investment he puts in, the more he’s going to dig his own grave, the needier and more attached he’s going to get. Personally, I don’t drive long distance. Either she comes to me or I met her locally and we’re headed to her place or my place and it’s about to get hot. Investment is a stupid decision, given the nature of women. She has to earn it.
Yeah I met her locally. Chatted for 20 mins last weekend.

And you guys are right I should avoid this mental investment. I'm not going to drive to her. Already nexted
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
Gee I thought I was overanalyzing words.

How specific does it need to be? If she's interested she's interested.

I did wait for her to respond. I sent that message. She sent the next message.
You: ‘Hey Julie, are you free this weekend?”
Julie “Well...”
You: ‘There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up".

From your OP, you didn’t wait if she said “yes” or “no” to being free.

I'm sure she understands what my slang meant. It's fine.
It doesn’t matter if she understood what you meant. ‘Hit them up” could get you in trouble. I read that from her phone, I call the police on you.

I know you are young and it may be difficult to register, but you have to be careful what you say.

I just responded with the location and called her sis. Funny af.
Again I would have said “what difference does it make? Shouldn’t you be happy just to be with me?” You shouldn’t be trying to make a girl laugh, you should be trying to connect with her.

If she’s says “where at?” She cares more about the event than you. She is looking to meet a 6’1 hockey player to sleep with, rather than be with you.

Suppose a girl who likes you says:

Girl: ‘Growing Pains, I have two tickets to the football game. Would you like to go with me?”
Growing Pains: ‘Who’s playing?”

How do you think the girl would feel?

If she responds she responds. Just set up another date for Saturday anyways. She's in my area.
Go for it.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
I would think that a girl who used the term "bro" like that probably has a lot of male friends. Which she probably does, if she grew up doing MMA.
 

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 3, 2015
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
2,139
Bro...you’re way overthinking this. just be normal lol.

Your texts were fine. Hers was still an investment. She could be trying to be funny (girls, in general, suck at humor) or she could be sh1t testing you to see if you’re confident enough to keep frame (you aren’t lol). But at this point it’s a POSITIVE response. She’s investing and helping you set up logistics.

What you should’ve done is just tell her where it’s at. Tease her. And tell her when to meet you.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Bro...you’re way overthinking this. just be normal lol.

Your texts were fine. Hers was still an investment. She could be trying to be funny (girls, in general, suck at humor) or she could be sh1t testing you to see if you’re confident enough to keep frame (you aren’t lol). But at this point it’s a POSITIVE response. She’s investing and helping you set up logistics.

What you should’ve done is just tell her where it’s at. Tease her. And tell her when to meet you.
Imo I did this. My response was basically "(insert city) sis". Which maybe isn't the best response, but it made me laugh.

I basically just wanted to know if her saying bro was a bad thing. Guess it doesn't really matter.

Yes, I realize I'm not confident enough to handle what she gave me if it was a sh!t test. If I was, I wouldn't have posted here. But confidence comes with experience so I'll just keep on keeping on. Not worried about this chick anymore. Like I said, date on Saturday with another girl.

Honestly I was buggin' thinking of traveling that far to see her. She was just SO sexy. Another reminder that I need to up my game and be pulling better girls. Going out with the guys on Friday. I'm sure there will be plenty of well-sculpted women for me to shoot my shot with (don't call the cops, Trump!).

I tend to just post here if I feel like I'm overthinking. So that I can stop spinning my wheels and get some external perspective.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Fellas.

Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up". She responds "where at bro".

My friend says to just not respond. This girl lives two hours away and this message isn't showing interest.

Thoughts? ROI seems low. Got other girls to hit up
When you get the "bro" status from a girl then it means she's sending off a clear message that she values you as a friend only.

Nothing more.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
Fellas.

Hit a girl up to hang this weekend. I said something to the effect of "Hey armed and dangerous (she's did MMA in high school). When are you free this weekend? There's some cool street festivals near you, we can hit them up". She responds "where at bro".

My friend says to just not respond. This girl lives two hours away and this message isn't showing interest.

Thoughts? ROI seems low. Got other girls to hit up
So open ended, no set plan, willing to work around her schedule instead of the other way around. Also asking out through text is lame unless you're going steady.

Talk in statements.

'im going to this art festival at blah Saturday afternoon, you should come.'

She asked where so she has some interest, but you've already fumbled it imo. Tell her where and when you're going then drop the subject. If she wants to tag along she'll make it known.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
So open ended, no set plan, willing to work around her schedule instead of the other way around. Also asking out through text is lame unless you're going steady.

Talk in statements.

'im going to this art festival at blah Saturday afternoon, you should come.'

She asked where so she has some interest, but you've already fumbled it imo. Tell her where and when you're going then drop the subject. If she wants to tag along she'll make it known.
Facts. This is how I usually operate.

I believe in this case I was a bit excited because of how attractive she was and also wasn't trying to say 'Im going to this place' because it'd seem a bit weird since it's 2.5 hours away lmao.

But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I should've just played it cool as I usually would and treated this situation like every other one. I was getting too invested.
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
Facts. This is how I usually operate.

I believe in this case I was a bit excited because of how attractive she was and also wasn't trying to say 'Im going to this place' because it'd seem a bit weird since it's 2.5 hours away lmao.

But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I should've just played it cool as I usually would and treated this situation like every other one. I was getting too invested.
Hey maybe you really like the festival or you're meeting up with other people you enjoy and so the drives worth it, she has no clue.

You need to spend more time around attractive girls until you realize they're just as boring or exciting as the ugly ones. many times they're more boring since they rely on their looks so much and thus have little else going on. Since they have little else going on their self esteem is extra low and they do weird manipulative things with men in order to feel better rather than do the hard work of finding themselves.

Just because a woman is hot doesn't mean you're compatible. Her looks shouldn't exempt her from meeting all the other standards you set for yourself and your partners. She needs to qualify, just like every other woman you find attractive.

You're probably coming off too much like a friend. If your charm doesn't excite her then move on. No use in trying to force things.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Hey maybe you really like the festival or you're meeting up with other people you enjoy and so the drives worth it, she has no clue.

You need to spend more time around attractive girls until you realize they're just as boring or exciting as the ugly ones. many times they're more boring since they rely on their looks so much and thus have little else going on. Since they have little else going on their self esteem is extra low and they do weird manipulative things with men in order to feel better rather than do the hard work of finding themselves.

Just because a woman is hot doesn't mean you're compatible. Her looks shouldn't exempt her from meeting all the other standards you set for yourself and your partners. She needs to qualify, just like every other woman you find attractive.

You're probably coming off too much like a friend. If your charm doesn't excite her then move on. No use in trying to force things.
Amen.

Wonderful message you gave today, Pastor.
 

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,178
Age
60
Location
Scandinavia
experience says "bro", "guy", "dude" coming from someone you are interested in...
she already FZ'd you
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
I would think that a girl who used the term "bro" like that probably has a lot of male friends. Which she probably does, if she grew up doing MMA.
Be careful with women that have a lot of guy friends, you could very well end up being one of them. When I hear any woman mention she has a lot of guy friends I think “yep she friend zoned a lot of guys, no thank you”.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
experience says "bro", "guy", "dude" coming from someone you are interested in...
she already FZ'd you
This. I can’t think of a single girlfriend I’ve ever had that called me “dude”, “bro”, “buddy”, or anything of the sort.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
"keep callin' this b1tch..
I already knew it was over, my ego keep callin' this b1tch.."
- Lucki Eck$
 
Top