"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

She broke the date but blamed me for it?

KennyBoo

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Lafayette, LoUiSiAna
Ok now I am hurt and confused. The girl I've been seeing which is about to leave on June 23 for good has done a 360 on me.Oh my god what was I thinking?? I mean DONE a 180 on me! We been going on dates pretty much (movies, dinner, park with our kids, hanging out at home) having a good time. We both discussed her leaving and how it will be hard to let eachother go but both agreed to still do what we been doing dispite having to have to let eachother go. She tells me she really likes me a lot and will never forget about me and will still write me and call me.

So anyways on Thursday I asked her if we could go eat out on Saturday night, me, her and our 2 kids and she said yes she would love that. So I tell her I had to work Saturday and didn't know exactly what time I got off and that I would call her when I got home so we can get together and go on our special date. I got off around 3:00 PM and I had taken my lil girl with me to work cause it was a side job I was doing at a friends house and we were both tired so when I got home we both fell asleep. I woke up @ 5:00 PM and was about to call her when the phone rang and it was her.

The conversation:
Me: Hello

Her: What are you doing?

Me: Was about to call ya.

Her: We still going on our date?

Me: Yeah (in a just woken up tired voice) why? Do you still wanna go?

Her: (a slight pause) ummmm I dunno, did you uhhh try to call me earlier today??

Me: No I was working and came home and fell asleep, was just about to go take a bath and get ready to go on our date.

Her: Well let me call you back (in a very aggravating type of tone in her voice)

Hung up phone.

5 minutes later..........
Phone rings.....

Me: Hello

Her: Look I called you a while ago and I am very aggravated, then I asked you if we were still going on our date and you sounded like you wasn't interested, you never even called me earlier, so ummm I don't think we will go, I dunno I just feel like you don't want to go or something.

Me: Hang on hang on, you are reading this totally wrong, of course I wanna take you out, I would not of asked you out in the first place, why wouldn't I wanna take you out?

Her: I dunno mabye it's just me, it's all my fault, I don't think we should go, mabye another time I will go eat out with my parents instead.

Me: Whatever, you know I am not gonna sit here and beg you to go out, you don't wanna go that's fine we wont go, I guess I will let you go ok, bye.

Her: Ok bye.

Of course she didn't call me back I didn't call her either. What should I say when we talk again? Should I bring it up or just let it go? I am having trouble reading between the lines here, is she trying to brush me off? What do you guys think is the reason she broke the date? Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Me: Whatever, you know I am not gonna sit here and beg you to go out, you don't wanna go that's fine we wont go, I guess I will let you go ok, bye.
You definitely said the right thing! It sounds like she was testing your interest level and you didn't fall for it. Good for you!

Judging by the things she said, she has a very high interest level in you and was definitely not trying to brush you off. She probably wants to feel reassured you feel the same and I'd be very surprised if she's not going crazy for you now. Just stand your ground, don't call, don't supplicate and she'll come running back!

At the very worst, she is trying to make it easier to part from you. Sometimes resentment is the only way a woman can get over a guy (a female friend told me this), so she's possibly looking for any excuse to resent you right now.
 

KennyBoo

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Lafayette, LoUiSiAna
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Her reaction was appropriate, you acted aloof and lame.
While I respect you opinion and everything but what should I have done? Starting crying and begging her to please not break our date? You can't do this to me type of attitude? Please tell me what I should have said?
 

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
Man this girl sounds so needy. Don't force yourself to do anything with this girl. If you don't want to go out on another date with her....DON'T. Because it sounds to me like this girl needs to realize that not EVERYTHING IS ABOUT HER.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Me: Yeah (in a just woken up tired voice) why? Do you still wanna go?

Her: (a slight pause) ummmm I dunno, did you uhhh try to call me earlier today??

Me: No I was working and came home and fell asleep, was just about to go take a bath and get ready to go on our date.
That was just boring, insecure and lame. You should have been enthusiastic, oversold the date etc :p
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I agree with what Craig Reeves said.


I always, if it's a friend, make the disclaimer that I just woke up.

"Me: Yeah (in a just woken up tired voice) why? Do you still wanna go?"
Very bad, you seem insecure and uncaring.
At least say "Give me a minute"
Go splash water on your face and come back very enthusiastic and energetic.



Edit: BTW, doing a 360 makes you go in the same direction originally. The term you want is "180."
 

MrBond007

Banned
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada,Quebec
Originally posted by Hollowpoint
Edit: BTW, doing a 360 makes you go in the same direction originally. The term you want is "180."
LOL!
 

KennyBoo

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Lafayette, LoUiSiAna
I always, if it's a friend, make the disclaimer that I just woke up.

"Me: Yeah (in a just woken up tired voice) why? Do you still wanna go?"

Very bad, you seem insecure and uncaring.
At least say "Give me a minute"
Go splash water on your face and come back very enthusiastic and energetic.
Yes I agree with you I should not have answered her question with the same question she asked me. That is probably what set her off in the first place.



Edit: BTW, doing a 360 makes you go in the same direction originally. The term you want is "180."
Oh how the human brain can make such an easy mistake, which this little mistake is actually the least important thing in my post it is always nice to be laughed at once one does make such a simple mistake. :)
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
This is so easy. Really, it is.

Ever heard of "Suicide by Cops"? It's what some deranged people do when they want to die but for whatever reason they don't have the sac to kill themselves... they go f#cking nuts and pull all kinds of crazy sh!t to get the cops to shoot them. They're the nightmare scenario for a lot of cops, because they have nothing to live for and they're not afraid to die. In fact, they want to die.

Your girl is the same way. Obviously your relationship is going to be pretty much ended anyway, soon. She's leaving in a month. For good. She's leaving. That implies that the relationship is ending because of her, or something she's doing (i.e., her fault). Expect her to pull more stupid bullsh*t like this in the near future. She's trying to get the relationship to end by being a pain in the ass but making it look like YOU are the one who ended things, or that it was your fault.
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Gio's got the hang of it...

She's acting like a brat because she can't deal with leaving you.
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Classic byatch at work. When a girl senses pain/hurt coming, they do EVERYTHING possible to make the feelingst they have for the guy go away. They'll get piss mad for no reason, throw tantrums like little 4 year olds and basically be a nusance on schedule. If I were you I'd work on de-attaching yourself NOW so when she does leave you can meet more girls.

Trust me bro I'm a big believer in letting things play out. If you two are really good for eachother, you'll be together, just don't fall for this childish bullshyt right now.


PIMP
 
Top