she asks if I have a gf then mentions she has a partner. why?

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing some short term work atm and I met a few girls. One was by herself on lunch break so I said hey and we talked the whole break. Plus i spotted her looking at me. During the talk she asked if i was single and had a gf which kinda surpised me and it was random. It was a good chat.

The next break she was glued to her phone as soon as we sat down. Then to make things worse an old woman asks if she could join. That kinda killed the whole thing and she was on her phone most the time unless the woman spoke to her. I was too tired to even bother and almost walked off at one stage. Then the woman asked her something and she mentioned "my partner" who I assume she was also texting. We didn't talk much after that. In fact she left work even before I did. Which is fine because I ended up talking to the blonde instead.

Now im not trying to hook up with her as she's not really my type. Good looking but not my cup of tea. What i wanted to ask you guys is what kind of behavior was all this? Why ask me if I'm single and if I have a gf? When in the end she has a "partner"? She fukin with me or keeping her options open?

Oh and shes seen me talkin to some blonde who i get along with even more. She laughs at everything i say. I told the first one to sit next to me tomorrow at work and lunch breaks (cause I didn't wanna be a loner) but now I regret that and told the other girl "blonde" to sit with me and lunch break as well. I'm kinda stuck lol. I'll be paying more attention to the blonde cause I kinda dig her. She's cool. Looks like ill have both of them siting on each side of me (computers)

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who knows? I generally just don't answer girls questions when it comes to things like that. If I do i'll say something weird that throws them off. Female asks me if I have a girl, i'll say something like "What? are you asking me if I am sleeping with someone? I don't talk about those things..." keep things funny and light and keep deflecting her inquiries. Whether you see her as GF material of not BJs are still fun don't slip...

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ego boost. She just wants to see how high she can get you to jump.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well today I pretty much ignored the fuk out of her. Barely looked at her and didn't talk. I spoke to a few other girls instead. I caught her looking a few times. She was also standing around alone at lunch break and staring at her phone again. probably to not look like a loner. I was going to say hey but spoke to a guy friend instead. So when I went back to the office, on the way back to my computer she deliberately faced her chair to me as I was walking to my computer and locked eyes with me and said "Hey how are you?" I just replied "Hey, good and you?" she replied "I'm alright." and that was it. I guess she hated how I was talkin to her yesterday and today the opposite, haha.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure she got pissed off today. I went with her on break and we sat down by ourselves.. soon as we sat down, I was ready to talk but she looked over to a friend at another table and brought her over with another friend. So I was now talking to 3 girls. I'm guessing she didn't want me trying moves on her or something. Anyway, she whips her phone out again as usual and doesn't talk much. So I thought fuk her, I'll talk to the other girls and they were much more interested and talkative. I'm positive the other girl liked me, she couldn't stop looking at me and asking questions, also the blushing and facial expression. You can just tell. Girl number 1 (original) kept looking up seeing me get comfortable with them. Anyway, I thought to myself that's the last time I'll sit with her.

The rest of the day I spent my breaks and free time talking to the blonde I mentioned earlier that I been talking to as well (much younger, 22. I'm 28.) She looks like Dakota Fanning with green eyes, for real. I also got her number today. Tomorrow is her last day.

Anyway, the other girl has been seeing this all day and I'm sure it's pissed her off. To top it off, after work, when we walked to the train station together, the other girl was behind us half way :p

Last edited:

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just cause she has a partner doesn't mean she isn't interested! You don't wanna be getting with a girl whose willing to cheat, even if she does get with you and sack off her BF, because she would do the same to you!

Good man though, no point wasting time talking to someone with a BF, gotta get with that girl for you though, no point doing it to p!ss the girl with the bf off though!

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, she is very boring compared to the other girl anyway. She has nothing interesting to say apart from a dress she wants to buy online *yawn*