Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She asked why I asking her phone number

louix

Reaction score
So there was a chick on the train, around 7, 18 yo, origin Arab I think, definitely cute but at that moment is not well-dressed and has make up, and should jump to 8 easily with basic outfit and make up. When I caught her looking at me on the train, she smile immediately (which quite shocked me because usually I smile before the girls in these kinds of situation). We flirted and smiled several times. After getting off the train, I approached and we chitchat for a some minutes, she engaged, smiled and gave a lot of info, but never asked me. When we have to separate (she goes to catch another train), I asked her phone number, and she asked why.
Me: I think you are cute.
Her (shaking head): I know that I'm not that cute.
Me: So you mean No? (I stunned, never in that situation before, either got the number or "sorry, I have bf")
Her: Yeah, so see you. (smile and continue to walk)
Me (stop walking for several seconds): Really No?
Her: turned back, wave hand bye bye.
I left

I never chased a girl after rejection, because I want to keep respect to myself and don't want to annoy her. But after that I thought maybe I gave up too soon in that case. I should continue to walk with her to the train? My answer "I think you are cute" is too basic and she thought that I said it to every girl? I know that this is a number game, and losing one chick is nothing. But this case really puzzles me because I'm quite sure it was my fault. Please give your thoughts. Thanks a lot. (Btw, I'm 8+ I think, because girls check me out at public places regularly).

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
When I go for the number and they say no or hesitate I ask them: "Am I really that bad looking or soemthing?"

In retrospect, that has only worked once. She was like "No....." and then she gave me her number. We actually dated for a time. She was cute.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she has self esteem issues. You dodged a bullet. Hooray!

LaughyDuck

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** Test to Test your interest Level.
Next time you could say "i lost Mine"

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So there was a chick on the train, around 7, 18 yo, origin Arab I think, definitely cute but at that moment is not well-dressed and has make up, and should jump to 8 easily with basic outfit and make up. When I caught her looking at me on the train, she smile immediately (which quite shocked me because usually I smile before the girls in these kinds of situation). We flirted and smiled several times. After getting off the train, I approached and we chitchat for a some minutes, she engaged, smiled and gave a lot of info, but never asked me. When we have to separate (she goes to catch another train), I asked her phone number, and she asked why.
Me: I think you are cute.
Her (shaking head): I know that I'm not that cute.
Me: So you mean No? (I stunned, never in that situation before, either got the number or "sorry, I have bf")
Her: Yeah, so see you. (smile and continue to walk)
Me (stop walking for several seconds): Really No?
Her: turned back, wave hand bye bye.
I left

I never chased a girl after rejection, because I want to keep respect to myself and don't want to annoy her. But after that I thought maybe I gave up too soon in that case. I should continue to walk with her to the train? My answer "I think you are cute" is too basic and she thought that I said it to every girl? I know that this is a number game, and losing one chick is nothing. But this case really puzzles me because I'm quite sure it was my fault. Please give your thoughts. Thanks a lot. (Btw, I'm 8+ I think, because girls check me out at public places regularly).
She wanted an ego boost. She wanted you to say, "Oh, you are beautiful." At which point you are just contributing to her ego. She probably had low interest

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no rapport built, and you put yourself on her turf = LJBF

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not supposed to compliment a girl on her appearance, because 10 other guys have already told her she was cute earlier that day.
You were number 11

Her ego was already numb from all the compliments she received that day, so any additional compliments from random guys do nothing for her.

louix

Reaction score
Thank guys.

@Tilex Yes, I know that I should not compliment on her appearance and I normally never do when approaching a girl. But when she asked, I only had 3 answers in my mind: "you are interesting" (sounds weird for me), "you are my type", "you are cute". Any suggestion?

The "i lost Mine" of @LaughyDuck sounds really cool, but I could not understand what you meant, lost my phone number? can you explain it?

The suggestion of @rando5495, I'm afraid that she may still ask why I want to have a drink with her. But I do agree that I should not answer directly that sort of stupid questions.

If it is because I didn't build enough rapport before asking number as @wifehunter said, then it is good because at least the problem is identified.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I co-sign rando in this thread