Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She asked if I have facebook

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, there is this 21 yr old HB8 that I've been texting with. We have met in person once. She text me "do you have facebook?"

I have one, but I don't want her snooping around on it. There are a bunch of pics of my family and my kid. I don't mind her being added if things go well, but not at this time.

How do I respond without sounding like I'm hiding something or like I'm a jerk?

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A word of caution - until you know someone well DO NOT add them to any social media where your close friends and/or family can see what they post.

The best strategy is to ignore the question. Proceed as if she didn't ask.

If she brings it up again, you can always tell her you don't add people to social media until you know them very well. If she presses as to why, you could tell her that you had a bad experience with a female one time who got ugly with you when she got upset about something, and you decided "no more randoms"

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea to add randoms to social media. Females will investigate the entirety of your social media and make assumptions and decisions about who you are, before they actually spend time with you to get to know you in person. Before you know it, looking on your profile has turned her off and she's NC on you.

It's simply much better to have her get to know who you are in person FIRST

Last edited:

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the key... tell her yes. If she wants to snoop, you should already have everything locked down, so she won't see much, just your profile picture changes...

IF she requests you, you can ignore it and say you never use facebook OR you can add her because you don't really have anything on your facebook because you have a life and don't post crap on social media.

I have zero issues with adding anyone because I post on there about once every 2-3 months. Facebook does for people what Cosmo magazine does for women... creates insecurity, jealousy, and presents a fake image of oneself...

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just straight up tell her your policy regarding social media and adding people. I do it this way and haven't scared off any yet. And who cares if they don't like it. Its not about them, its about you. If you tell her no and she goes away, then she wasn't that into you.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope its not your case when in my experience any time a girl asks facebook at the initial state before any intimacy its not a good sign.

Maybe she just want to make sure that you are who you say you are but in most of the cases she needs her friend to see you to give approval, a sign of medium interest in my opinion.

A girl with high interest wouldnt need to get "facts" about you to evaluate further let alone need her friends to decide if you are worth or not.

Personally I would either move the talking to something else or joke saying that your 5 wifes dont want you to give your facebook cause they are all jealous.
Only if you're the serious good guy type you can make it work by honestly saying that you use such media only for people you know from a while.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. She sent that text when I was almost asleep last night. I made this thread before I fell asleep. I text her earlier and said "yea, but I don't really go on it or post." She hasn't replied back yet. She is usually pretty quick to reply. Not sure if shes mad that I didn't reply back last night, but if thats the case then thats pretty stupid. I have had 2 girls go cold on me before because I was texting with them late and I fell asleep. Women get mad about the dumbest stuff lol.

I didn't mention that this girl used to work with my last gf. They hung out a couple times but haven't spoke in 4 months. She hasn't said anything to my ex gf, so I'm thinking she is interested. My ex gf would have text me talking crap if she would have told her.

@Roober I have it set so if your not my friend, you can only see my profile and cover pictures.
@Who Dares Win I don't think her asking if I have Facebook is a bad sign