"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Shawn Michaels the wrestler was one hell of a DJ, here's why

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Man. I'm dead serious. If you listen to this guy's voice (or atleast how he used to talk in the mid to late 90's), how he walked, his charisma etc and pick up on a few things (not imitation, but the basics). Then you can seriously improve. I'm not talking about his character now (the goody good christian). I'm talking about early 90's, mid 90's and late 90's Shawn Michaels. When he was in his prime. He was one hell of a DJ and here's why.

*He did what he wanted to do
*Didn't care what people thought of him
*The man's voice was deep, thoughtful and full of energy
*He was extremely ****y and funny
*Charisma just oozed out of this man from his body language etc
*it was his way or no way at all
*he was passionate, had a desire for life (to suceed)


Basically his whole character reflected extreme confidence and self esteem. Also keep in mind he wasn't the biggest wrestler out there, but he definately stood the hell out.
So if you don't know what a DJ is, look no further than Shawn Michaels (in his prime). I'm proud to say that I was born on the same day as him (so if any of you believe in astrology, me and him are pretty similar :))
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? - No, and I don't want to!

Wrestling is fake, you know that right?...

I could take on any one of those guys, but I'd be to afraid that they would stick their @$$ in my face or something like that.

"Ewww, yuck - don't do that, Mister, please!? I'm trying to fight here, not make sweet sweet love to you.":p


:cool:
 

playa

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Re: Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? - No, and I don't want to!

Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
Wrestling is fake, you know that right?...

I could take on any one of those guys, but I'd be to afraid that they would stick their @$$ in my face or something like that.

"Ewww, yuck - don't do that, Mister, please!? I'm trying to fight here, not make sweet sweet love to you.":p


:cool:
Yet another example of Spike the Cowgirl's gay side.
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
i know wrestling's fake, and it's his character

but that character is a dj, face it!


i thought when i came home tonight there would be a ton of replies on this...i guess not
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I completely agree. Shawn Michaels was probably even more of a DJ during his DX days though. But I think wrestling has a lot of DJs, and it's all about their character. Although, I guess Shawn Michaels would best be described as a "jerk" as he was just so obnoxious and arrogant.

Sure, wrestling is "fake" (or rather, it is scripted), but the wrestlers have to study and step into their persona, from the body language to the way they speak. Isn't this what DJing is about?
 

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
415
Reaction score
2
Age
50
Location
tn
"Sure, wrestling is "fake" (or rather, it is scripted), but the wrestlers have to study and step into their persona, from the body language to the way they speak. Isn't this what DJing is about?"


So DJing is all about pretending to be somebody your not. DJing is all about faking who you are. DJing is all about spending a ridiculous amount of time being a bad actor?


As you've said, he's what, a goody goody christian guy now. Wow, i guess that's what DJing is all about then. ALways being what everybody else wants you to be.

Geez, so much for improving oneself.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
No, it's more about realising who you want to be, learning the traits and becoming that person.

You could always say "just be yourself", but if that has never got you anywhere, then you have to be willing to make some changes and create the perception you want to portray.
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Shawn Michaels went from an AFC (when he was with the Rockers) to a master DJ (peaking at the DX years)! I swear, you could see how he evolved through the 90's and became even more of a jerk, and even more confident/arrogant.

It's great.
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
"You think im cute
I know Im sexy
I've got the look
that drives the girls wild
I've got the moves
that keep em moving
give em that look
running down their spine


I'm just a sexy boy..Sexy boooooyyyyy, Im not your boy toy....."

I was always a fan of the Brooklyn Brawler, "Iron" Mike Sharpe, and Vergil winnning his independance off of Ted Diebiase

Good ole days.........
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Whatever...

Look guys, if you like wrestling it is none of my business, thats cool. But alot of those guys act so fake that they wouldn't even be able to get a job working on a soap opera!

Keep in mind that women can smell a fake act quicker than sh!t on a shoe. They are masters at it. so just be careful with the corny BS lines that these guys spout at each other.

P.S. I think that 'playa' has a crush on me or something. I hate to break it to you, Buddy - but I'm straight.:p

:cool:
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Re: Whatever...

Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
Look guys, if you like wrestling it is none of my business, thats cool. But alot of those guys act so fake that they wouldn't even be able to get a job working on a soap opera!

Keep in mind that women can smell a fake act quicker than sh!t on a shoe. They are masters at it. so just be careful with the corny BS lines that these guys spout at each other.

P.S. I think that 'playa' has a crush on me or something. I hate to break it to you, Buddy - but I'm straight.:p

:cool:
man, you're totally missing the point

it's not about bs lines and stuff like that, it's about ATTITUDE, CONFIDENCE and charisma
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
No need to get hostile. Having ATTITUDE, CONFIDENCE, and charisma is what I'm all about.

:cool:
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Originally posted by Spike_Tha_Cowboy
As well as being extremely gay.
Whatever, 'Playa'. Least I'm not mentally challenged.

Seek help.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Hahaha. Someone appears to be obsessed with you Spike! He'd be pulling your pigtails if he could. :)
 

macknetikcharm

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
first man on mars
WhoOoOoOoOoOo!
What a catfight, yep we'z should'z git back on target.
I still say Rick Rude. Or maybe the black superman himself Tony Atlas.
There'z a wrestling forum at www.bodybuilding.com under ""MISC.""
I don't understand getting all uptight 'bout wrestling. Sure it's fake but everyone know that ('cept the trailer park people who hold up signz in tha standz, lol) & it's all fun.
If it upsets U don't post. Your metrosexual ass should not be given voice. Commies like U probobly hate baseball 2.
Anyhow, Shawn Michaels iz a pimp.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top