Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shaving

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious,

How many people here shave? I mean, chest, legs arms, etc...

How long have you been doing it?

I do all except, my pubes, & under arms...

Been doing it for 10+ years. to me it's normal. I've been going to the same gym for 14 years. If you don't shave, you stand out.

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I'm in the performing arts (trapeze) its kinda necessary that I shave my arms, pits and chest... it just gives a "cleaner" look... and its easier to take off sports tape when you don't have hair coming with it... ;-)~

I don't really need to shave my legs so... and I've been doing it fro about 3-4 years.. I'm only 21... :rolleyes:

so I think it depends on what you are doing and if you need to or just like the look... like swimmers shave everything in order to glide better throught the water, and kickboxers and MMA guys shave their legs and arms so as not to get mat burns any worse... stuff like that..

Best,

Jin

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I do it just for the looks. It's just a cleaner look...

I use to ride road bikes (bicycles) and everyone who rides shaves.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i was a track star and now im into gymnastics, and i gotta shave my legs for both for that damn tape. but as for my chest and back i shave those two regularly. hell i might even get my back lazered

junglist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any guys here simply trim, rather than shave, chest hair?
I dislike the feeling of my chest when its shaved, but I also dislike the priickliness of my chest hair when trimmed (its like after getting a hair cut). I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to eliminate sharpness of just-trimmed hair. Perhaps some sort of conditioner?

mb121

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do women find hairy men attractive or gross?

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I knew of a good place with a good reputation to get lasered I would get my chest, my neck, my @ss, my beard, and if its possibly get my arm hair thinned. Im not even that hairy, its just that if I do shave I get red bumps the next two days after. I used to road race and everyone shaves their legs, but I have noticed a lot more people at the gym with shaved legs. even so I would shave more except I HATE stubble. I don't care about the cost cause I am lazy when it comes to shaving my face.

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do u all really shave with a razor? or do u use something else? if u shave with a razor, doesent the hair grow back thicker and darker?

has anyone ever tried this :
www.finishingtouchtrimmer.com

junglist

Don Juan
Reaction score
razors suck imo

i use a barber's hair trimmer - lowest setting on shaft and balls, number one one my chest

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do u all really shave with a razor? or do u use something else? if u shave with a razor, doesent the hair grow back thicker and darker?
no... urban myth.. it just seem that way because when its short its stiffer and so it seems thicker...

look at it this way... your hair is dead, meaning no nerve endings, its just protien.... so how would it know if its been cut..??

Best,

Jin

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jin
look at it this way... your hair is dead, meaning no nerve endings, its just protien.... so how would it know if its been cut..??
Then how would it know how to grow back? :eek:

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok i use facial dipilatorys on my face because it eleminate razor burns and bumps. i use whal trimmers on my chest and back, and when i have to i use a razor for my legs

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flava, isn't that 'face-Nair' stuff for black dudes? I read that their facial hair curls right into their faces, causing painful razor bumps. Depends how nappy your hair (facial/body) is, but I take it that a good portion of black men use this stuff. Is it effective? I heard from someone that it stinks.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah it shyt by itself but if u leave in on then use a razor to take it off the hair basically falls of its self.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
someone like me has to shave alot as i can look like a black wolverine in a couple of days. so that combo is pretty effective. but yeah ur right black people hair gets too nappy thats why i straighten mine cause u cant do anything with nappy hair besides dreads and those take too long to grow.

junglist

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya i'm really curious about the smell of nair and other such products as well.

How bad does it smell, how long does it last?

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shave once a week with a razor and shaving cream. Then during the week, keep the stuble at bay with an electric razor.

I tried the Nair thing once, and it took too long. Yeah, and it smells terrible. I can't deal with that. But if you got to, you got to. They do sell some stuff marketed strictly for people of African decent. I know a guy at the gym who uses it on his head. It does prevent ingrown hairs...