Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sharp pain in the head when lifting heavy?

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last week or so I've been having a sharp pain when I exert myself too much (bench press, preacher curl, pull ups) like after the 5 or 6th rep it occurs. Then as i stop it goes away after a min or so. I get back to exerting and it comes back. If I lower the weight and intensity I don't get it. I noticed the protein shake with creatine and grass supplements I've been taking does make me burpy so at first I thought it was just the gasses but it only happens when I'm really stressing my body/muscles and it's been hot at my home gym (79/80F deg). Anyone else experience something similar? I just had my annual checkup (haven't done the blood test yet) but bp, heart, lungs etc all were normal. Although those tests are very basic in nature.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last week or so I've been having a sharp pain when I exert myself too much (bench press, preacher curl, pull ups) like after the 5 or 6th rep it occurs. Then as i stop it goes away after a min or so. I get back to exerting and it comes back. If I lower the weight and intensity I don't get it. I noticed the protein shake with creatine and grass supplements I've been taking does make me burpy so at first I thought it was just the gasses but it only happens when I'm really stressing my body/muscles and it's been hot at my home gym (79/80F deg). Anyone else experience something similar? I just had my annual checkup (haven't done the blood test yet) but bp, heart, lungs etc all were normal. Although those tests are very basic in nature.
Its your neck... The Cervicals are experiencing a over use and too much weight stressing.. or you have too much weight for your neck strength so they compress your nerves.

I get that alot with my training.

Best away to avoid that.... Streching your neck and cervivals area, warm up well..... or reduce the pressure until you get used to it. Get Osteopathy after

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stretching and maybe a chiropractor

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its your neck... The Cervicals are experiencing a over use and too much weight stressing..
I think you nailed it. I tend to start straining my neck and upper body to get through the hard reps.

Qwazi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pain is very very important in our life's, if there's no pain, it will be disasters. Image putting your hand in the fire and enjoying the black smoke out of it, After you remove your hand from the fire, you will notice that your skin is turned to be so ugly(that's in case your skin didn't fall off your hand).The pain is just a warning sign to notice you that there's a problem in a part of your body. More pain means more damage.